I purchased Blaq recently when Twitter stopped allowing us to use the desktop version on the Playbook. It seems almost no one likes their mobile version, including me.

Blaq is very spiffy and well designed for our beloved tablet BUT there are a few things that are not working, for me anyway, and I' m hoping someone here has figured them out:

1. Specific User functions - from the profile of a specific user, you are supposed to be able to tap on their tweets, followers or following to see them. Tapping on any of these takes me to the next page but apart from the 3 headings it is always blank - no tweets, etc. As good as Blaq is, this is a dealbreaker for any avid Twitterer.

2. I figured out how to send a direct message but there doesn't seem to be any way to delete when you are finished with the conversation.

I have already contacted Blaq support. A couple of times but no response. I don't really understand why this app has so many good ratings given the lack of even a good set of how to use instructions much less careless customer support.
    Last edited by MarlenaRosie; 03-23-13 at 12:16 PM.
    kennyiceberry likes this.
    03-22-13 10:01 AM
    Shoulda read the forum posts before purchasing, to be honest, there are many complaints detailed throughout CrackBerry which give an idea of how short the app actually falls compared to the dev's claims, and to the shoddiness of the support. Sorry that's not directly more helpful. I deleted my copy last week. I think the poor rep will eventually catch up with another negligent dev,personally.
    03-22-13 10:39 AM
    Thanks Kenny. I did do a search of Blaq on Crackberry but it didn't show much. Maybe I wasn't using the right words.

It's a shame because Blaq is so close to being terrific. I don't care about the $2.99, I'm just disappointed. Back to find another twitter app.

And you're right, I won't look at any other apps from these guys.
    03-22-13 10:53 AM
    Well, I just received an email from Blaq's developer and he says they intend to send out a fix for the specific users functions today. Unfortunately, I didn' t know about the nogo direct message deleting when I contacted them.

I hope he is serious about finishing this app so it will be as terrific as they have already claimed it to be. And, that they stop charging buyers again for upgrades that in reality are just catchups to what wasn't delivered in the first place.
    Last edited by MarlenaRosie; 03-23-13 at 12:05 PM.
    madx80h likes this.
    03-22-13 01:14 PM
    Hello,
    You could try Blackbird.
    Just a suggestion.
    03-22-13 10:14 PM
    I'm actually quite taken with Lemma as a twitter client. It's basic, not sexy. But I don't need sexy
    03-22-13 11:09 PM
    Seems to be some sort of a curse around the Playbook and native Twitter apps. I bought Blackbird but currently it won't allow you to add your Twitter account so all you get is a useless shell. Too late I saw there are many of the same complaints in Blackberry World with no response or fix from yet another developer.

I'm waiting for @BlackberryHelp to tweet me an email address so I can report these Blackberry World app problems and that will definitely be my last salvo.

As much as I dislike it, I am just going to stick with the Twitter mobile version.

I have bought around 15 Playbook apps and the only ones I have had any complaints with are the Twitter ones.
    Last edited by MarlenaRosie; 03-23-13 at 12:15 PM.
    kennyiceberry likes this.
    03-23-13 11:18 AM
    I'm actually quite taken with Lemma as a twitter client. It's basic, not sexy. But I don't need sexy
    Lemma actually is a very nice looking app AND it has good instructions which can't be said for a lot of the apps in Blackberry World.

I don't need sexy either (not even sure what that means in an app lol), just more functions than Lemma has.
    03-23-13 12:13 PM
    Lemma actually is a very nice looking app AND it has good instructions which can't be said for a lot of the apps in Blackberry World.

I don't need sexy either (not even sure what that means in an app lol), just more functions than Lemma has.
    Hey guys, the fix for tweets, followers and following was submitted yesterday. It's now just pending approval.

There are many factors that make Blaq the way it is on the PlayBook and you'll notice it with other Twitter apps, as well.

At the end of the day, if you're not satisfied, let me know and it'll be taken care of.

Also, if you don't get an answer via support, you can always contact @ Blaq or @KisaiLabs on Twitter or send me a private message.

Thanks and apologies for any delays.
    03-23-13 05:40 PM
    Hey guys, the fix for tweets, followers and following was submitted yesterday. It's now just pending approval.

There are many factors that make Blaq the way it is on the PlayBook and you'll notice it with other Twitter apps, as well.

At the end of the day, if you're not satisfied, let me know and it'll be taken care of.

Also, if you don't get an answer via support, you can always contact @ Blaq or @KisaiLabs on Twitter or send me a private message.

Thanks and apologies for any delays.
    Will there be a BB10 version?

Posted with my AT&T BlackBerry Z10
    04-02-13 03:46 AM
    Thank you jcarty for finishing up Blaq and getting it through the Playbook approval process.

Your app is now working as beautifully as it looks. Thanks again.....Marlena
    04-10-13 09:57 AM
    Ima give this thing one more try then, since the dev was brave enough to step up to the plate [albeit belatedly from a customers' point of view.] I will reinstall Blaq and see if it finally lives up to the claims. I'll report back.
    Update: OK, so this version is a step forward: 'Tweets', 'Following' and 'Followers' tabs work as they're supposed to now. In fact, those things only stopped working in the last two versions, they weren't my main complaint before that.

What is still not working is the scrolling timeline--that's been my complaint for about the last 4 months.

I have to say, this app will not match the hype until the above aspect is fixed, and even then [if ever] it will in reality be quite an ordinary Twitter client, not much more, apart from being aesthetically pleasing.

I have to delete again now.
    Last edited by kennyiceberry; 04-11-13 at 06:59 AM.
    04-11-13 02:16 AM