I'd love for Blaq to open at your last read tweet (or at least have any option to do this). I've always found it odd reading tweets from the newest to oldest rather than from oldest to newest. For example, if I'm following someone who is tweeting about the score of a game, I think it'd be great to be able to see who scored first, then second (just like it actually happened) rather than finding out the final score first. Another reason is that I have often PVR'd a game to watch later and without thinking opened Blaq to check my timeline only to find someone has tweeted the final score!

I think most twitter apps are like this but I think it'd make Blaq even better if you were able to open it at your last read tweet!

Thanks!
    Last edited by tottenhamhotspurfan; 11-05-12 at 10:05 PM.
    11-05-12 09:51 PM
    Totally agree with this. Opening from where I left off and the ability to read everything from that point on are must have for any twitter app before I will use it. This is the one thing that's keeps me from using Blaq exclusively.

Mike

I'd love for Blaq to open at your last read tweet (or at least have any option to do this). I've always found it odd reading tweets from the newest to oldest rather than from oldest to newest. For example, if I'm following someone who is tweeting about the score of a game, I think it'd be great to be able to see who scored first, then second (just like it actually happened) rather than finding out the final score first. Another reason is that I have often PVR'd a game to watch later and without thinking opened Blaq to check my timeline only to find someone has tweeted the final score!

I think most twitter apps are like this but I think it'd make Blaq even better if you were able to open it at your last read tweet!

Thanks!
    11-05-12 10:23 PM

Thanks!
    Totally agree with this. Opening from where I left off and the ability to read everything from that point on are must have for any twitter app before I will use it. This is the one thing that's keeps me from using Blaq exclusively.

Mike
    Answered this one:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...ml#post7712684
    11-05-12 10:39 PM
    Jerome, does Blaq limit the number of tweets that it would restore from? Some days I'm not able to catch up on Twitter for about 12 hours and that can mean 500 - 600 tweets some days, more on others. What I've found, even when leaving Blaq open is that while tweets continue to load, the place I left off is lost. Some sort of small icon in the corner of tweets to flag a tweet as the place that was left off would be good, or maybe a visual way of marking tweets read so you could see what has been read and what is still to be read. I'm just throwing some ideas out there, I have no idea how to make an app and have complete respend for the work you do.

Mike
    11-05-12 11:04 PM
    Jerome, does Blaq limit the number of tweets that it would restore from? Some days I'm not able to catch up on Twitter for about 12 hours and that can mean 500 - 600 tweets some days, more on others. What I've found, even when leaving Blaq open is that while tweets continue to load, the place I left off is lost. Some sort of small icon in the corner of tweets to flag a tweet as the place that was left off would be good, or maybe a visual way of marking tweets read so you could see what has been read and what is still to be read. I'm just throwing some ideas out there, I have no idea how to make an app and have complete respend for the work you do.

Mike
    That sounds like a bug. It could have been introduced with OS 2.1. Blaq is supposed to hold your position if you scroll past the first tweet in the list. I'll check it out and see if it is in fact broken.
    11-05-12 11:42 PM
    Blaq is available in all countries. If it is unavailable for you to purchase, it's out of my control.
    Jerome. I just downloaded and installed the Blaq on my BB Playbook (version No.1.8.4). but when i run it, it seems like its stuck with a white screen apearing only.. Then turns out with a window of "Error authenticating"... please help fix the issue. Thx
    11-06-12 12:18 AM
    Jerome. I just downloaded and installed the Blaq on my BB Playbook (version No.1.8.4). but when i run it, it seems like its stuck with a white screen apearing only.. Then turns out with a window of "Error authenticating"... please help fix the issue. Thx
    Unfortunately, Blaq will only work where Twitter will. If Twitter is blocked in your country, we have no current plans to implement workarounds to enable it.
    ignites likes this.
    11-06-12 12:23 AM
    That's my point! Anyone knows whether this app will allow to edit API?
    I c. you were trying to see if Blaq can help you penetrate the Great "Firewall" of China .
    11-06-12 07:41 AM
    I Jarome,

I just tried it overnight leaving it open and it appears to of held the position. There is something else I noticed though. If I have it open at tweets from say 8 hours ago in landscape mode, and I turn it to portrait, the last tweet I had open on the right opens and the timeline is back at the most recent tweet again.

Mike

That sounds like a bug. It could have been introduced with OS 2.1. Blaq is supposed to hold your position if you scroll past the first tweet in the list. I'll check it out and see if it is in fact broken.
    11-06-12 07:56 AM
    I agree with those wanting a good help page. Cannot figure out the UI. I emailed for support last week and have not heard back yet. Do not state a 48 turn around if you cannot keep it.
    11-06-12 09:24 AM
    I agree with those wanting a good help page. Cannot figure out the UI. I emailed for support last week and have not heard back yet. Do not state a 48 turn around if you cannot keep it.
    Did you email on the weekend?
    11-06-12 09:53 AM
    Thanks for doing this!

A couple of things for me:

- I find it sluggish
    - It has a habit of displaying tweets multiple times
    - I don't like the browser content showing up in the little window. Would rather it launch.
    11-06-12 09:59 AM
    Perhaps try asking in the thread. Besides the developer himself, often helpful members may be able to guide you to the answer to your problem. Many of us know this program pretty well.
    11-06-12 09:59 AM
    Nice app but cannot see what is trending. When go to search there is nothing in the trending section and when i click on Set Trend change it brings up a blank screen.
    11-06-12 12:09 PM
    I'm sorry but this app has turned into a P.O.S. since I've updated to 2.1.

My lists are gone.
    Saved searches are gone.
    Auto updates sometimes.
    Disappointing.
    11-08-12 05:50 AM
    Under normal circumstances, you'd see a reply within 48 hours. It's safe to say that since I live in New York, normal circumstances don't apply. However, it is my fault since no one replied to you AND I did not make those who are sending email to support aware of it.

Thanks for doing this!

A couple of things for me:

- I find it sluggish
    - It has a habit of displaying tweets multiple times
    - I don't like the browser content showing up in the little window. Would rather it launch.
    The first two are being addressed in the minor update. For the last one, tap directly on the link to open it in the browser.

Nice app but cannot see what is trending. When go to search there is nothing in the trending section and when i click on Set Trend change it brings up a blank screen.
    This has been addressed multiple times. It's going to be fixed in the coming update.

I'm sorry but this app has turned into a P.O.S. since I've updated to 2.1.

My lists are gone.
    Saved searches are gone.
    Auto updates sometimes.
    Disappointing.
    Same as above. The first two are going to be fixed in the coming update.
    Auto updates sometimes? Please add a little more detail.

If you're talking about your tweets, make sure the real-time indicator on the bottom right is always lit and it'll update all the time.
    11-08-12 10:39 AM
    I've just uninstalled it, as it didn't show any tweets received over the past 19 days.
    11-09-12 12:41 PM
    I've just uninstalled it, as it didn't show any tweets received over the past 19 days.
    Did you have 1.8.4? That issue was fixed for others recently. Let me know.
    11-09-12 12:53 PM
    Did you have 1.8.4? That issue was fixed for others recently. Let me know.
    Hi. Indeed, it was on 1.8.4.
    11-09-12 01:36 PM
    Maybe I missed the answer, is it possible to see replies to tweets? If not, will that feature be in a future update? Thanks.
    11-19-12 09:13 AM
    Maybe I missed the answer, is it possible to see replies to tweets? If not, will that feature be in a future update? Thanks.
    Not in current builds since twitter plans on taking the API request away in March. We're looking for workarounds, though.
    11-19-12 09:22 AM
    Thanks. My current work around is search @name - it's a bit tedious though.
    11-19-12 09:29 AM
    Latest download version of Blaq (1.8.5) just locked up my VERY stable 16 gb Playbook after 1 minute of use, then I had a very hard time getting the unit to restart. I deleted the application for the time being, as I like Lemma very well. Beware!
    11-27-12 02:17 PM
    Latest download version of Blaq (1.8.5) just locked up my VERY stable 16 gb Playbook after 1 minute of use, then I had a very hard time getting the unit to restart. I deleted the application for the time being, as I like Lemma very well. Beware!
    Sounds like a GPU issue. It seems as though I'll have to turn it back off since it's not as stable in 2.1. Thanks for the report.
    11-27-12 02:27 PM
    1.8.5 still has tweets out of sequence for me. Starts with tweets 59 days ago, works it way to tweets 108 days ago, then jumps down to tweets 29 days ago. I keep checking whenever a new version is released. This is never fixed for me. For all I know, I am the only one with this problem, but I don't know why that would be.
    11-27-12 05:38 PM
94 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD