Hey guys,

Developer of Blaq here. I just wanted to take the time to not only thank many of you for supporting Blaq. But I wanted to find out what you guys love about it, what you hate about it, general thoughts and more. I'm trying to engage with you guys on a more direct level.

This is an open discussion so feel free to chime in!

Thanks!

--
    Jerome (@JCarty)
    05-23-12 12:16 AM
    I love it when i select a tweet with a picture link. The pic comes up with ease.

I hate the fact that i can not select what is trending in my city.

That is all
    Barljo likes this.
    05-23-12 12:31 AM
    You guys have done a great job of updating and keeping up with bug fixes and things like that. I appreciate the commitment it shows to the platform rather than some apps that feel more like they only sometimes get around to looking at their playbook app, if ever.

I like the smooth transitions when swiping an open tweet thread or profile closed, it shows a lot of polish. I don't have any major concerns that I can think of. I would like it if tapping on the "new mentions" on the Playbook notification bar switched to Blaq, though I am not sure if that is a limitation of the current OS or not. Another nice option would be the ability to open a tweet in the browser.

Thanks for your hard work, Blaq is my irreplaceable app on the playbook.
    05-23-12 12:45 AM
    Nothing here. Most of the "issues" have been fixed with the constant updates(thanks).
    I've had this since the beginning, bought it and won it..
    05-23-12 01:19 AM
    No issues but I would like to see thumbnails in the timeline.

The Blaq app is awesome and the one I usually show off to people when they want to see my Playbook. It has the most eye candy. I can't wait for the first version built with Cascades!

Sent from my BlackBerry PlayBook using TapaTalk
    05-23-12 01:58 AM
    I like using Blaq too.

I like the way it stays open and automatically shows new Tweets rather than constantly having to refresh, but dislike the way it flashes a white LED when you navigate away to show there are new tweets - I mean, its Twitter, there's obviously going to be new Tweets! If there was a way to turn this LED off...
    05-23-12 03:08 AM
    Ability to link to Facebook please.., so tweets are automatically (by option) posted as Facebook status...

05-23-12 03:45 AM
    Id like some sounds, pull to refresh and thumbnails for pics or links.

Sounds is my main one though.

Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Tapatalk 2
    05-23-12 04:59 AM
    I love it.

Only thing I'd have is to have retweets numbered rather than listed. I'm referring to proper retweets not things like "RT". Right now when I go to my Blaq "@" page if I get retweeted a lot I have a long long list of the same thing for every individual that has retweeted me. So it'd be great if, like twitter's web service, if it gave a number or something for every time that tweet has been retweeted rather than showing each and every retweet.

I'd like different themes too.

That's all I can think of but it's a wonderful product. Thank you.
    dieter jay likes this.
    05-23-12 05:17 AM
    Great app, and my go to for twitter - thanks indeed J!

One little thing I've found with latest release is that sometimes when I hit refresh I get about 4 copies of every tweet listed, so I've started closing the app and re-opening. It may be user error - feel free to tell me I'm a moose!

Clicking on a tweet is great - pops up on the left for easy viewing. If there is an '@' mention, it would be great to tap that and have the profile of the '@'ed person show up to follow

Thanks also for engaging!

Barljo
    05-23-12 06:13 AM
    Sometimes when I try to view someone's tweets or profile I cannot because it's unresponsive. All other commands seem to always work.
    digitalman101 likes this.
    05-23-12 06:32 AM
    I am relatively new to Blaq. It's a sharp looking app, is quick. Trying to get used to the setup has taken some time but only because I don't use Twitter as much as i used to.

I'm used to uber on my bb, so like to see a lot of tweets at a time, not just 4 tweets on the screen-Blaq has me scrolling up and down to see tweets I've just had time to glimpse. Any way to change that? Couldn't find a way. I also tried to tweet someone by using @name, but my follower list didn't load. But like i said i am used to uber, or maybe i just haven't played with Blaq enough to figure things out.
    05-23-12 07:01 AM
    I would second the thumbnail view for pics. I like that I can click the tweet and it slides open to show the pic, but a thumbnail view would be awesome, just for those times when you want to preview the pic before opening it.
    05-23-12 07:07 AM
    I am relatively new to Blaq. It's a sharp looking app, is quick. Trying to get used to the setup has taken some time but only because I don't use Twitter as much as i used to.

I'm used to uber on my bb, so like to see a lot of tweets at a time, not just 4 tweets on the screen-Blaq has me scrolling up and down to see tweets I've just had time to glimpse. Any way to change that? Couldn't find a way. I also tried to tweet someone by using @name, but my follower list didn't load. But like i said i am used to uber, or maybe i just haven't played with Blaq enough to figure things out.
    Agreed - can you guys develop a proper help page within the software, please? What is there is woefully inadequate for those of us who don't spend all day on Twitter.

Thanks!
    05-23-12 07:14 AM
    I would love a nice smooth refresh animation on the refresh button. Right now it just does a little glitchy flash of the navigation bar. This is the only area that Blaq lacks polish. Or just add pull to refresh.

Blaq is really nice though.
    05-23-12 09:15 AM
    first congrats on the best twitter client on the playbook !!

the only bug bearer for me and i think its a limitation of the OS is notifications once the app is shut down, a bit like T4BB on the smartphones.

other than that congrats again.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    05-23-12 10:31 AM
    Generally I am happy with Blaq but here are some fixes and improvements which should be implemented (in my opinion):

1. Fix for tweet staying at last read tweet. Even though it does now, but when I am at the newest (top) tweet (showing 'Moments ago'), and when new tweets come in, it jumps to the top again without staying at the last read tweet.

2. Fix for URLs in tweet. When there is a long URL which isn't shortened, e.g.
    Code:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/playbook-apps-games-f243/blaq-playbook-725778/
    it will be displayed as http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...

It is fine but when I click to open it in browser, it opens the ... malformed link.

3. Hopefully there is Instapaper/Read It Later support in the future
    Akuji_ism likes this.
    05-23-12 10:34 AM
    I have just bought this app, must admit it's quite well designed with a nice looking UI.
    05-23-12 12:33 PM
    Being a person who has used Blaq for quite a while and following JCarty on twitter, actually getting to conversate with him, I'd say Ive been very happy with Blaq. I know that he is working to fix the bugs the app has and eventually add new features, so therefore I have no complaints at all, only suggestions.

Thumbnails would be nice, swipe down to refresh could be an added bonus. Certain things like seeing other peoples tweets, or going to their page would be nice, I know you can see their tweets but don't think you can pick any of the tweets and reply to them, maybe I'm doing something wrong?

I'm just glad to see some developers like yourself work on your app as hard as you do and it shows. Even with the specific things missing in the Blaq twitter client, I'd still stay it is my favorite and by far the nicest looking twitter client.
    05-23-12 01:24 PM
    This is the best Twitter app I have used so far. Now I am not the greatest twitter user, but I do enjoy reading the various tweets. The UI is very nice along with the sliding animations.
    There are two things I noticed. One is I cannot see if a user is verified or not. The second is I have issues seeing pictures posted by twitter. It wants to open the browser to view them, which i then have to log in. All the other pictures open in Blaq fine.
    05-23-12 01:37 PM
    Thanks for the replies, guys. I'll try to address each one I can comment on.

You guys have done a great job of updating and keeping up with bug fixes and things like that. I appreciate the commitment it shows to the platform rather than some apps that feel more like they only sometimes get around to looking at their playbook app, if ever.

I like the smooth transitions when swiping an open tweet thread or profile closed, it shows a lot of polish. I don't have any major concerns that I can think of. I would like it if tapping on the "new mentions" on the Playbook notification bar switched to Blaq, though I am not sure if that is a limitation of the current OS or not. Another nice option would be the ability to open a tweet in the browser.

Thanks for your hard work, Blaq is my irreplaceable app on the playbook.
    This is a limitation of the current OS. Only built-in apps and Android apps have the ability to open the app from a notification (weird, right?)

I like using Blaq too.

I like the way it stays open and automatically shows new Tweets rather than constantly having to refresh, but dislike the way it flashes a white LED when you navigate away to show there are new tweets - I mean, its Twitter, there's obviously going to be new Tweets! If there was a way to turn this LED off...
    You can turn off the new tweets LED in the options. Swipe down from the top bezel then tap the gear to your right. Then go into notifications.

Id like some sounds, pull to refresh and thumbnails for pics or links.

Sounds is my main one though.

Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9001 using Tapatalk 2
    Sound is coming. We need come up with something that isn't annoying. Stay tuned for thumbnails

Great app, and my go to for twitter - thanks indeed J!

One little thing I've found with latest release is that sometimes when I hit refresh I get about 4 copies of every tweet listed, so I've started closing the app and re-opening. It may be user error - feel free to tell me I'm a moose!

Clicking on a tweet is great - pops up on the left for easy viewing. If there is an '@' mention, it would be great to tap that and have the profile of the '@'ed person show up to follow

Thanks also for engaging!

Barljo
    I've confirmed this is a bug when real-time streaming is turned off. If the glow at the bottom right is off, just tap it to turn it on and tweets *shouldn't* duplicate. If they do, let me know.

Sometimes when I try to view someone's tweets or profile I cannot because it's unresponsive. All other commands seem to always work.
    Is it tweets and profile or just their profile? How are you getting to it?

Try changing the font size to fit more tweets on the screen. Also, portrait tends to show more tweets than landscape.

I would second the thumbnail view for pics. I like that I can click the tweet and it slides open to show the pic, but a thumbnail view would be awesome, just for those times when you want to preview the pic before opening it.
    Understood. See above

Agreed - can you guys develop a proper help page within the software, please? What is there is woefully inadequate for those of us who don't spend all day on Twitter.

Thanks!
    There are plans to expand the help screen. Right now, it's pretty sparse and that is my fault. I placed priority on getting things working over the documentation.

I would love a nice smooth refresh animation on the refresh button. Right now it just does a little glitchy flash of the navigation bar. This is the only area that Blaq lacks polish. Or just add pull to refresh.

Blaq is really nice though.
    I have plans to do something with the refresh button so stay tuned for that, as well.

Again, thanks for all the feedback!
    Barljo and Thunderbuck like this.
    05-24-12 03:20 PM
    Generally I am happy with Blaq but here are some fixes and improvements which should be implemented (in my opinion):

1. Fix for tweet staying at last read tweet. Even though it does now, but when I am at the newest (top) tweet (showing 'Moments ago'), and when new tweets come in, it jumps to the top again without staying at the last read tweet.

2. Fix for URLs in tweet. When there is a long URL which isn't shortened, e.g.
    Code:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/playbook-apps-games-f243/blaq-playbook-725778/
    it will be displayed as http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...

It is fine but when I click to open it in browser, it opens the ... malformed link.

3. Hopefully there is Instapaper/Read It Later support in the future
    1) It should. Will have a look at it.

2) This is a confirmed bug for links opening in the browser

3) It's on the list.

first congrats on the best twitter client on the playbook !!

the only bug bearer for me and i think its a limitation of the OS is notifications once the app is shut down, a bit like T4BB on the smartphones.

other than that congrats again.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    Yeah, unfortunately, there's nothing I can do about it until BlackBerry 10.

Being a person who has used Blaq for quite a while and following JCarty on twitter, actually getting to conversate with him, I'd say Ive been very happy with Blaq. I know that he is working to fix the bugs the app has and eventually add new features, so therefore I have no complaints at all, only suggestions.

Thumbnails would be nice, swipe down to refresh could be an added bonus. Certain things like seeing other peoples tweets, or going to their page would be nice, I know you can see their tweets but don't think you can pick any of the tweets and reply to them, maybe I'm doing something wrong?

I'm just glad to see some developers like yourself work on your app as hard as you do and it shows. Even with the specific things missing in the Blaq twitter client, I'd still stay it is my favorite and by far the nicest looking twitter client.
    In 1.8+, you can tap on the tweet and do anything with it (retweet, reply, etc) and thanks!

This is the best Twitter app I have used so far. Now I am not the greatest twitter user, but I do enjoy reading the various tweets. The UI is very nice along with the sliding animations.
    There are two things I noticed. One is I cannot see if a user is verified or not. The second is I have issues seeing pictures posted by twitter. It wants to open the browser to view them, which i then have to log in. All the other pictures open in Blaq fine.
    1) Big omission. I've added it to the list.
    2) Will have a look. You are on the latest (1.8.1)?
    05-24-12 03:26 PM
    Thanks mate
    05-24-12 03:37 PM
    I love it when i select a tweet with a picture link. The pic comes up with ease.

I hate the fact that i can not select what is trending in my city.

That is all
    Forgot this one. As of 1.8, you can change your trending location. Tap the search icon and look next to Worldwide Trends. There is a Change button.
    05-24-12 04:43 PM
    Great app! Thanks for keeping it updated as well. Wanted portrait search, and it came quickly. Recent versions have really felt buttery smooth scrolling the timeline, while it was a touch choppy/slow in older versions by comparison - so that has been a great recent change as well.

1.) I've noticed while bridged that when Blaq is open, the Browser (or other Bridge apps) has a tendency to go into refreshing/flashing white screen (of death). Is there any kind of bandwidth competition across Bridge data that may be causing this or am I crazy?

2.) It would be more intuitive to have some kind of visual feedback on touches involving 'tweets' on a user's profile and other UI elements that otherwise appear to be static & non-interactive. Glowing, highlighting, font size change, whatever...
    05-24-12 10:52 PM
94 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD