Hey everyone,

I searched but could not find and if I missed it I'm sorry.

I just received a new playbook from Blackberry and when I installed all my apps one gave me an error. BLAQ, I received an error stating "Error authenticating. Please make sure the date and time are correct on your device."

The date and time is correct and I also contacted their support. Any suggestions?
    02-20-13 02:26 PM
    Try uninstalling and reinstalling again. Restart your PlayBook. Maybe try the 3 finger hard boot. If you are still having problems there is a Blaq thread here the dev checks fairly often, leave a message for him. Finally, you can use the support email in the BlackBerry World. Search Blaq.
    02-20-13 03:08 PM
    tried uninstalling and installing again. just tried the 3 finger reset and no luck. I'll do a search for the support forum. hopefully they'll respond
    02-20-13 03:52 PM
    Hey everyone,

I searched but could not find and if I missed it I'm sorry.

I just received a new playbook from Blackberry and when I installed all my apps one gave me an error. BLAQ, I received an error stating "Error authenticating. Please make sure the date and time are correct on your device."

The date and time is correct and I also contacted their support. Any suggestions?
    Change your date to an other year & date.
    02-20-13 04:18 PM
    I have the same problem. I've emailed them as well. So far, no reply. I think the problem is their's to solve so I'll wait to hear from them before doing anything to try to fix the issue myself.
    02-20-13 05:58 PM
    Did you uninstall-reinstall-reboot? If so, try uninstall-reboot-reinstall and see if that works.
    tried uninstalling and installing again. just tried the 3 finger reset and no luck. I'll do a search for the support forum. hopefully they'll respond
    02-20-13 06:13 PM
    Tried every combination as possible. I also downloaded a different app called blackbird and now that app is acting up. It will load but won't allow me to enter my account info.
    02-20-13 06:29 PM
    Hey guys,

Sorry for the lack of responses. We're in mid-migration so in some cases, email isn't delivering.

Which time zones are you guys in?
    02-21-13 02:55 PM
    Hey guys,

Sorry for the lack of responses. We're in mid-migration so in some cases, email isn't delivering.

Eastern for me
    02-21-13 03:10 PM
    Eastern for me
    Is your timezone setting correct on your PlayBook?

Swipe down from homescreen > Date & Time.
    02-21-13 03:16 PM
    Hey guys,

I am in the Pacific Time Zone
    02-21-13 03:37 PM
    I am in the Pacific Time Zone
    Same deal. Check your time zone settings on the PB and make sure they match. Normally, that's the problem. If its set correctly and you still have issues, let me know.
    02-21-13 03:41 PM
    Same deal. Check your time zone settings on the PB and make sure they match. Normally, that's the problem. If its set correctly and you still have issues, let me know.
    Time zones are correct on my PB
    02-21-13 03:43 PM
    Time zones are correct on my PB
    Last check is to make sure the time itself isn't off even by a minute. Sadly, it's a Twitter thing and I've been fighting to get the PB OS to respect it but its still finicky.
    02-21-13 04:03 PM
    Last check is to make sure the time itself isn't off even by a minute. Sadly, it's a Twitter thing and I've been fighting to get the PB OS to respect it but its still finicky.
    The time matches with the time on my bold 9900
    02-21-13 04:05 PM
    The time matches with the time on my bold 9900
    Let me collect a little more information from you so we're not both going crazy. What OS are you running on your PlayBook?

Settings > About.

Also, what version of Blaq have you downloaded?

Is Twitter blocked on the wifi connection you're on? If so, nothing you do will work.
    02-21-13 04:26 PM
    Let me collect a little more information from you so we're not both going crazy. What OS are you running on your PlayBook?

Settings > About.

Also, what version of Blaq have you downloaded?

Is Twitter blocked on the wifi connection you're on? If so, nothing you do will work.
    Blaq version 1.8.6 thats what's available through app world. I'm running the latest OS .1526

Not sure how to check the twitter block
    02-21-13 04:36 PM
    Blaq version 1.8.6 thats what's available through app world. I'm running the latest OS .1526

Not sure how to check the twitter block
    Are you able to get here on your PlayBook's browser?

https://api.twitter.com/

Also, try manually syncing your time with: EST - Eastern Standard Time

EDIT: sorry: http://www.thetimenow.com/est/eastern_standard_time
    Last edited by jcarty; 02-21-13 at 04:46 PM. Reason: Wrong link
    02-21-13 04:41 PM
    Are you able to get here on your PlayBook's browser?

https://api.twitter.com/

Also, try manually syncing your time with: EST - Eastern Standard Time

EDIT: sorry: http://www.thetimenow.com/est/eastern_standard_time
    yes I was able to access the twitter mobile site from my PB and also the time is in sync with thetime ow.com site.

if you would like we can discuss this over the phone unless you are over seas. Send me an email is and I'll send you my number.
    02-21-13 04:54 PM
    yes I was able to access the twitter mobile site from my PB and also the time is in sync with thetime ow.com site.

if you would like we can discuss this over the phone unless you are over seas. Send me an email is *** and I'll send you my number.
    I will send you an email but you should probably remove it from your post to prevent spam.
    Last edited by jcarty; 02-21-13 at 05:25 PM.
    02-21-13 04:58 PM
    edited on my end if you could on yours.

thanks again
    02-21-13 05:04 PM
    I'm having the exact same issue with the application. I'm in London the time I have is correct. I've tried deleting the application but that hasn't rectified the problem.
    02-21-13 07:39 PM
    Alright guys, figured it out. Something changed on Twitter's end. All patched up. However, this update cannot be submitted until I send through my beta testers to make sure everything is ok. If you guys would like access to the beta, let me know. You'll need to know how to sideload applications to sign up.
    02-21-13 08:22 PM
    Alright guys, figured it out. Something changed on Twitter's end. All patched up. However, this update cannot be submitted until I send through my beta testers to make sure everything is ok. If you guys would like access to the beta, let me know. You'll need to know how to sideload applications to sign up.
    I'm willing to give it a try
    02-21-13 08:31 PM
    Ill give it a try
    02-22-13 06:07 AM
31 12