dont wanna create a new post. anyone received the update for blaq v1.5? the change logs pretty sweet. i do notice that native notifications. does that mean they using the sdk? sorry noob on this stuff.

Application

Refreshing new icon - Crisp lines, bold colors. Baselime has done it again.
    Native notifications � Native notifications provide an easy way of knowing when you need to get back to Blaq. It�s also configurable. More on that later.

Main View

Real-time Indicator � To make it easy to understand if your tweets are updating in real time, we�ve added a convenient indicator.
    Read without interruption � Timelines (Home, Mentions and Direct Messages) now pause once you being scrolling so you have a chance to catch up without new tweets pushing you down.

Tweets

Link Bar Code � now you can scan a bar code of a link in a tweet with two taps.
    Translate � Sometimes you just need to know what was said by another user in another language.
    Solid states for retweet and favorite � Now you�ll know for sure.
    View Tweets, Followers, Listed and Following
    Now you can tap on tweets, followers or following for any user. Just click a user�s name or search for it and tap on the tweet count, follower count or following count to check it out!

Options

General
    Keep screen on � It is now possible to keep the screen on while reading tweets. Don�t forget to charge, though.

Notifications

Toggle all � Turn native notifications on or off with one tap or toggle the following:
    New Tweets
    New Mentions
    New Direct Messages
    New Followers � Yep, notification of new followers � right within Blaq

Accounts
    Add a new account
    Set the current account (account switch)
    Delete account

Appearance

Font - Make Blaq yours. Customize your font to change things up a bit.
    Font Size � Default font too small? Make it bigger? It�s that simple.

Bug Fixes

White screen encountered when device time is incorrect (DST workaround)
    User can only tweet 139 characters instead of 140
    Increase tweet count in lists (now at 75 tweets)
    WebView pops up when no link in tweet
    Convo view height not restored after pull down on tweet card
    Performance sluggish when scrolling timelines
    Times on display and in timelines are not updated
    Search results are cleared and public timeline shows. Previous results are kept and updated.
    Compose Tweet character count inaccurate
    Report and Block buttons sometimes not functional
    Friend picker shows below tweet card when composing a new tweet
    Direct Message icon showing as new for direct messages sent outside of application
    Tweet card pulls down for compose when scrolling convo list
    Keyboard disappears when selecting a friend from friend picker
    Timelines randomly scroll to the bottom
    Application does not reorient itself when device is upside down
    Conversation view takes a long time to load
    Minor internal issues

It�s coming: Blaq for BlackBerry PlayBook 1.5 | Kisai Labs

So excited for this! Been wanting a Blaq update to fix all the bugs and add some cool new features. App World hurry up and make it available!
    09-27-11 01:30 AM
    i dont have this ipdate yet. i wonder when it will be on appworld.
    09-27-11 08:22 AM
    From the dev's website (as of 9/26):

"Blaq for BlackBerry PlayBook 1.5 has been submitted to BlackBerry App World for approval! Once approved, the update may not show up right away. Give it some time. We’ve added some goodies, made a few changes and fixed some nasty bugs..."

Hopefully the update shows up soon as some of the changes address a few "issues" I had with the app. BTW, I did notice that the app's icon in App World --> My World has changed.
    09-27-11 09:18 AM
    @jcarty, does Blaq continue working in standby mode? For my needs, I can't see it being effective if I have to keep the tablet awake in order to get my updates.

The perfect combination would probably be something that checked periodically, user-configurable period, with an audible alarm to tell me if there's something there. It wouldn't even have to continue checking once it found something, though it could continue with the alarm at intervals until a timeout, or I wake it up and it shows me the new messages (and probably goes to get more right away, as I assume it does now).

With a combination of these features, it could sit next to me quietly and using almost no power, until something shows up.
    When inactive, the app is throttled, not paused. Updates come in but take up far less power. We haven't picked the perfect sound yet so we still don't have sound. That may change in the next update or two.

From the dev's website (as of 9/26):

"Blaq for BlackBerry PlayBook 1.5 has been submitted to BlackBerry App World for approval! Once approved, the update may not show up right away. Give it some time. We�ve added some goodies, made a few changes and fixed some nasty bugs..."

Hopefully the update shows up soon as some of the changes address a few "issues" I had with the app. BTW, I did notice that the app's icon in App World --> My World has changed.
    Hopefully, some of the issues you mention are in the changelog. If they're not, they might not be addressed. I can't fix what I'm not aware of.
    09-27-11 10:13 AM
    I purchased Blaq too and I have to say that this beats going to the Twitter webapp.
    blackberry-pimp likes this.
    09-27-11 02:18 PM
    I knew the update was coming and excited to see one. Once I saw the new Logo I knew it was upon us, but yet here I am with no notification of a new update and still waiting. I swear I've opened up App World 5 times since last night.
    09-27-11 09:47 PM
    I knew the update was coming and excited to see one. Once I saw the new Logo I knew it was upon us, but yet here I am with no notification of a new update and still waiting. I swear I've opened up App World 5 times since last night.
    I've been checking as much as you guys... and I'm supposed to get an e-mail when it's approved. Here's to hoping it's approved tomorrow.
    raptorfan likes this.
    09-27-11 09:49 PM
    I've been checking as much as you guys... and I'm supposed to get an e-mail when it's approved. Here's to hoping it's approved tomorrow.
    I just checked. It's finally there!!!
    09-28-11 05:48 AM
    yup downloading right NOW!!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-28-11 06:50 AM
    ive updated to the latest version already. does anyone know hiw to change fonts and check follow requests? these are changes that should be in this version. also, how do we set up notifications?
    09-28-11 07:38 AM
    ive updated to the latest version already. does anyone know hiw to change fonts and check follow requests? these are changes that should be in this version. also, how do we set up notifications?
    From the Changelog:
    Important (Please read)
    ** Due to a change in the vendor name, on installing this new version, Blaq will show up on your home screen twice. Delete the application with the old icon (above left) before proceeding.

Make sure you have deleted the old version first, otherwise it's probably opening the old version. Once in the updated version, swipe down from the top bezel and click the options icon.
    exstasie likes this.
    09-28-11 07:47 AM
    From the Changelog:
    Important (Please read)
    ** Due to a change in the vendor name, on installing this new version, Blaq will show up on your home screen twice. Delete the application with the old icon (above left) before proceeding.

Make sure you have deleted the old version first, otherwise it's probably opening the old version. Once in the updated version, swipe down from the top bezel and click the options icon.
    Thanks..i was wondering why it didn't work right away.
    09-28-11 09:20 AM
    If you swipe from the top down, it'll open up the Blaq options screen. Click on the Wheel on the right to open up options section.

This is where you can edit Notifications and Appearance (Fonts).
    09-28-11 09:23 AM
    I amended the title!
    jcarty likes this.
    09-28-11 09:41 AM
    ok i found one little problem, when i get a notification from blac in the top left when i click it, it does not take me to the app, i have to manually go the app to see what's happening... Is that normal??

09-28-11 10:28 AM
    ok i found one little problem, when i get a notification from blac in the top left when i click it, it does not take me to the app, i have to manually go the app to see what's happening... Is that normal??

It's normal, for now.
    09-28-11 11:32 AM
    is this version supposed to have a feature like twitlonger right? it doesnt seem to work on mine.
    09-29-11 04:44 AM
    is this version supposed to have a feature like twitlonger right? it doesnt seem to work on mine.
    TwitLonger support.

09-29-11 10:54 AM
    Best Twitter app by far -- love the update.

That said, has anybody noticed the UI tends to be glitchy at times?
    09-29-11 05:40 PM
    twitlonger doesnt work . i still cant tweet anything beyond 120 characters. i couldn't find it either in the options.
    09-29-11 05:54 PM
    Best Twitter app by far -- love the update.

That said, has anybody noticed the UI tends to be glitchy at times?
    I have issues where it'll keep bring me to the bottom (oldest) tweets when I'm scrolling.
    09-29-11 08:14 PM
    Twitlonger was never announced. We don't have plans to add it yet.

09-29-11 10:32 PM
    I have issues where it'll keep bring me to the bottom (oldest) tweets when I'm scrolling.
    The issue is filed and being investigated.

09-29-11 10:33 PM
    another question, i am not getting follow requests notifications. is there anything i need to set up first?
    09-30-11 03:11 AM
    HELP, How do I view MY Profile???????
    10-01-11 05:23 PM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD