Just got a notification for Blaq 1.1.0 in AppWorld.
    07-08-11 07:14 AM
    If any of you haven't tried Blaq yet for your Playbook tweeting needs, this latest update has really pushed the app forward. I used to have to use a combination of tools in order to do what I wanted to do on Twitter. That is no longer the case with this latest release..
    07-08-11 07:45 AM
    love the update.. works well
    07-08-11 08:29 AM
    I don't have my PB with me. Release notes? What's changed/fixed/improved?
    07-08-11 08:43 AM
    From Blaq for PlayBook v1.1 | Blaq

Great news, all! Blaq for PlayBook v1.1 is now available in App World! This one�s a biggie, adding multi-account support, lists, search and much, much more. Check the full press release after the jump for the full changelog!

All the best, and All. Blaq. Everything.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

BLAQ FOR PLAYBOOK� V1.1 SUBMITTED TO BLACKBERRY� APP WORLD�, BRINGING SEARCH, LISTS, MULTI-ACCOUNT SUPPORT AND MORE

NEW YORK/PITTSBURGH (July 8, 2011) � Blaq for PlayBook�, the first full-featured Twitter client for the BlackBerry� PlayBook� tablet, just got a whole lot more interesting.

On Thursday, July 7th, Kisai Labs and Baselime submitted a version 1.1 update of Blaq for PlayBook� for review and entry into BlackBerry� App World�.

When Blaq for PlayBook� first launched on May 30th, 2011, it did so without a ton of fanfare or pageantry. There was no feature in App World�, no extensive coverage with major online tech publications and for the first 48 hours or so after approval, Blaq wasn�t even attainable in the Social Networking section of App World�.

However, in the first 5 hours after launch, Blaq for PlayBook� was already the top paid tablet app in the store. Within the first 24 hours, it sat atop all other paid apps in all of BlackBerry� App World�, PlayBook� and BlackBerry� smartphone apps included.

In its initial 1.0 release, Blaq was the first app for the PlayBook� to offer even a moderately full Twitter experience with photo upload capability, in-app web and media previews, real-time streaming and more, but it was still far from its full potential. It was released when it was to finally give PlayBook� users a suitable alternative to resorting to the mobile web for Twitter.

Now, things are getting serious. The competition is heating up, and its time for Blaq for PlayBook� to turn that heat up even higher once again.

With Blaq for PlayBook� v1.1, users can now add multiple accounts and switch between them effortlessly. With just a swipe of a finger from the top bezel, users are presented with a menu (soon to contain a plethora of customization and settings options) where they can tap their avatar and select from any of their added Twitter accounts quickly and easily.

Version 1.1 also brings trending topics, list functionality and a robust search capability on par with the best of the best in mobile Twitter clients.

Take all that, together with a brand-new in-app notification system and countless other cosmetic changes, and Blaq for PlayBook� stands to sit comfortably at the top perch in BlackBerry� tablet Twitter experience for a while to come.

The v1.1 update should be available in BlackBerry� App World� as soon as today, Friday, July 8th, pending approval.

As always, Blaq for PlayBook� is just $1.99 for new users and can be found in App World� here.

Here is the full changelog for v1.1:

FIXED: Mentions show as new on refresh

FIXED: �Remove Photo� stays after tweeting a picture

FIXED: Composed tweet runs behind avatar

FIXED: Cannot send a tweet with special characters

FIXED: Fix composed tweet with � turning into shortened URL

FIXED: Real-time streaming fails after upgrading to OS 1.0.6

FIXED: User can only retweet once then only old-style RTs afterwards

FIXED: Keyboard doesn�t show up on reply or compose

ADDED: Scroll to top by double tapping respective icon

ADDED: Show lock when account is protected

ADDED: Maximize Web view

ADDED: Delete tweet

ADDED: Pull-down Options Menu (non-functional)

ADDED: Search

ADDED: Trending topics

ADDED: Link hashtags to search

ADDED: Better support for non-english languages when displaying tweets

ADDED: Progress bar for image upload

ADDED: New reply icon

ADDED: In-app notification system

ADDED: Link @ mentions to profile card

ADDED: Lists

ADDED: Multi-account

ADDED: New search icon to toolbar

REMOVED: Compose icon from toolbar

ADDTL: Minor cosmetic changes and performance improvements

About Blaq for PlayBook�

Blaq for PlayBook� is a premium Twitter client for the BlackBerry� PlayBook� tablet from Kisai Labs and Baselime Ltd. Kisai Labs provides applications for mobile devices based on creative ideas from people like you. It aims to provide quality applications and exceptional customer service. For the last two years, Kisai Labs has delivered innovative applications such as Show Me the Images and Mancala Multiplayer (the first commercial application to utilize BlackBerry� Messenger�). Learn more about Kisai Lab�s other popular top-tier BlackBerry� applications and services at kisailabs.com. Baselime Ltd. features the design of Ryan Hamrick, specializing in branding/identity and user interface and experience design. Learn more about Baselime and get your project rolling today at baselime.com.

Follow the latest updates on Blaq at twitter.com/Blaq.
    07-08-11 08:49 AM
    Thanks for the quick response. I haven't purchased yet, I was waiting for closer to full functionality (or at least functionality that I'm used to with a twitter client). Looks like it's ready for me now :-)
    07-08-11 09:03 AM
    It's ready for purchase!
    mscooley likes this.
    07-08-11 09:21 AM
    how do i delete tweet?
    07-08-11 09:42 AM
    I purchased the app last night and was very impressed with it at that point, the latest changes make it even better. Very nice app.
    07-08-11 09:56 AM
    Been using blackbird until this app was updated and have a couple of questions. How do you view your profile? When selecting somebody's profile how do you view their previous tweets, followers and who they are following?
    07-08-11 10:08 AM
    Overall it looks great but I find it a bit sluggish...+ i'm unable to remove accounts unless i delete and reinstall. Would be nice to be able to set "optimize web view" as default.
    07-08-11 10:19 AM
    I downloaded this, then upgraded by PB software and it's stopped working
    07-08-11 10:30 PM
    pictures dont show in app for me
    07-09-11 12:58 AM
    Same issue here. Worked before (pics not showing)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-09-11 02:38 AM
    I tried uninstalling the app, restart the playbook, the went back into app world to reinstall the app. Still dont get pics within the app. Also I cant get the websites to show full screen within the app.
    07-09-11 11:55 AM
    how do i delete tweet?
    When the tweet card (panel that slides in from the right) shows up, tap the gear then tap Delete Tweet

Been using blackbird until this app was updated and have a couple of questions. How do you view your profile? When selecting somebody's profile how do you view their previous tweets, followers and who they are following?
    It's coming.

Overall it looks great but I find it a bit sluggish...+ i'm unable to remove accounts unless i delete and reinstall. Would be nice to be able to set "optimize web view" as default.
    Good suggestion.

I downloaded this, then upgraded by PB software and it's stopped working
    Delete and redownload it. There is a new version available for the update.

pictures dont show in app for me
    Same issue here. Worked before (pics not showing)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I tried uninstalling the app, restart the playbook, the went back into app world to reinstall the app. Still dont get pics within the app. Also I cant get the websites to show full screen within the app.
    If you are having issues with images, we are aware of the problem. It seems to be an issue with our service provider. It's happening more now than ever before. There are times when it works and times when it doesn't. We will contact them to see if there is a workaround or solution to the problem. Thanks guys.
    07-11-11 09:25 AM
    I'm quite happy with my purchase of Blaq with this latest update, but I do have one request - could we get more tweets for each list? The home timeline looks like it lists 50 tweets, but each list seems to list 20 or 25. Getting this also set to 50 would be great.
    07-19-11 08:33 PM
    some of my tweets still get shortened as url's.
    08-01-11 11:58 PM
    I'm quite happy with my purchase of Blaq with this latest update, but I do have one request - could we get more tweets for each list? The home timeline looks like it lists 50 tweets, but each list seems to list 20 or 25. Getting this also set to 50 would be great.
    Done. Will be in the next update.

some of my tweets still get shortened as url's.
    Aware of this issue and looking into it. Thanks!
    08-02-11 12:03 AM
    Done. Will be in the next update.

Aware of this issue and looking into it. Thanks!
    thanks for the quick response. may i also report that the app freezes quite often. i need to close the app then re open it before tweets get updsted. also, when pressing the home or even the mentions icons, it does not open immediately. just so you know. thanks!
    08-02-11 12:05 AM
    thanks for the quick response. may i also report that the app freezes quite often. i need to close the app then re open it before tweets get updsted. also, when pressing the home or even the mentions icons, it does not open immediately. just so you know. thanks!
    Next time it happens, do you mind checking the memory for me? You can find it in Options > About then change dropdown to Hardware and scroll down.

I just need to see if its a memory leak of some sort.
    08-02-11 12:18 AM
    i sent a private message.
    08-02-11 12:26 AM
    dont wanna create a new post. anyone received the update for blaq v1.5? the change logs pretty sweet. i do notice that native notifications. does that mean they using the sdk? sorry noob on this stuff.

Application

Refreshing new icon - Crisp lines, bold colors. Baselime has done it again.
    Native notifications � Native notifications provide an easy way of knowing when you need to get back to Blaq. It�s also configurable. More on that later.

Main View

Real-time Indicator � To make it easy to understand if your tweets are updating in real time, we�ve added a convenient indicator.
    Read without interruption � Timelines (Home, Mentions and Direct Messages) now pause once you being scrolling so you have a chance to catch up without new tweets pushing you down.

Tweets

Link Bar Code � now you can scan a bar code of a link in a tweet with two taps.
    Translate � Sometimes you just need to know what was said by another user in another language.
    Solid states for retweet and favorite � Now you�ll know for sure.
    View Tweets, Followers, Listed and Following
    Now you can tap on tweets, followers or following for any user. Just click a user�s name or search for it and tap on the tweet count, follower count or following count to check it out!

Options

General
    Keep screen on � It is now possible to keep the screen on while reading tweets. Don�t forget to charge, though.

Notifications

Toggle all � Turn native notifications on or off with one tap or toggle the following:
    New Tweets
    New Mentions
    New Direct Messages
    New Followers � Yep, notification of new followers � right within Blaq

Accounts
    Add a new account
    Set the current account (account switch)
    Delete account

Appearance

Font - Make Blaq yours. Customize your font to change things up a bit.
    Font Size � Default font too small? Make it bigger? It�s that simple.

Bug Fixes

White screen encountered when device time is incorrect (DST workaround)
    User can only tweet 139 characters instead of 140
    Increase tweet count in lists (now at 75 tweets)
    WebView pops up when no link in tweet
    Convo view height not restored after pull down on tweet card
    Performance sluggish when scrolling timelines
    Times on display and in timelines are not updated
    Search results are cleared and public timeline shows. Previous results are kept and updated.
    Compose Tweet character count inaccurate
    Report and Block buttons sometimes not functional
    Friend picker shows below tweet card when composing a new tweet
    Direct Message icon showing as new for direct messages sent outside of application
    Tweet card pulls down for compose when scrolling convo list
    Keyboard disappears when selecting a friend from friend picker
    Timelines randomly scroll to the bottom
    Application does not reorient itself when device is upside down
    Conversation view takes a long time to load
    Minor internal issues

It’s coming: Blaq for BlackBerry PlayBook 1.5 | Kisai Labs
    Last edited by rsxsniper; 09-26-11 at 08:43 PM.
    09-26-11 08:40 PM
    I've tried Blackbird & Tweetbook, but keep coming back to this app. The fact is has a live stream of your feed is fantastic.

I love sports and being able to interact with other fans while watching a live event is great with Blaq.
    09-26-11 09:02 PM
    @jcarty, does Blaq continue working in standby mode? For my needs, I can't see it being effective if I have to keep the tablet awake in order to get my updates.

The perfect combination would probably be something that checked periodically, user-configurable period, with an audible alarm to tell me if there's something there. It wouldn't even have to continue checking once it found something, though it could continue with the alarm at intervals until a timeout, or I wake it up and it shows me the new messages (and probably goes to get more right away, as I assume it does now).

With a combination of these features, it could sit next to me quietly and using almost no power, until something shows up.
    09-26-11 09:49 PM
63 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD