Hi!

I'd like to introduce our game Blackmatter which was just released for Playbook. The game is a nice and addictive arcade. Your mission is to catch galaxies by using different abilities, game is easy to play and addictive, good time killer. Hope you'll find it interesting

Go to App World page.

We will be glad to hear any feedback from you.
    07-09-12 12:00 PM
    Very interesting game. I didn't notice any real tutorial, which I think it could have used. Didn't take me long to figure it out though. It's a shame this title seems to have slipped under the radar.

The graphics and sound are good, as is the unique gameplay. I love finding games that are obviously specifically designed for the touch screen. Unfortunately, I found the levels a little lacking, but the tournament mode is good. It could do with a lot more depth, and unlockables! If I'm going to be playing the same style over and over, I want unlockables to drive me, and bring changes to the game.

PS. I ate the cat.
    08-24-12 11:35 AM
    Thanks for detailed feedback! Actually very good idea on unlockables, we will add it I think.
    Levels were made mostly as a practicing place, so main mode is tournament. We will think how to improve this and add some explanations.
    KidCaboose likes this.
    08-24-12 12:55 PM
    Thanks for detailed feedback! Actually very good idea on unlockables, we will add it I think.
    Levels were made mostly as a practicing place, so main mode is tournament. We will think how to improve this and add some explanations.
    Ah! I was seeing the levels as the main part of the game, and the tournament mode as just something to do once you were done. It makes sense that the levels are more like the tutorial mode of the game.

Like I said, I think the tournament mode is good. If you're looking for more ideas on where to take the game, I've seen a couple of features that seem to work well with this genre. Maybe something like a Universal Conquest mode, with a map of the universe, giving the player the choice of what area to destroy next. The difficulty of the area would depend on the proximity to the center of the universe, with the idea that gravity and density increase. The goal ultimately is to get to the point of the Big Bang, or the hungry cat.

What might also be interesting, seen as the circling motion is the base of the gameplay, would be to incorporate other gesture based abilities, like what was developed for Black & White. The ability to slow down time, affect gravity (causing galaxies to clump together a little more, or repel each other), create wormholes that funnel galaxies to a determined point, these could be unique abilities gained as you progress, showing an increase in your power, activated by drawing unique symbols.
    08-26-12 01:45 PM
    While I was snooping around Google Play pretending to be an Android customer, I came across a game called Spirit. Looks similar to Blackmatter, mixed with Geometry Wars on the Xbox 360. Not a huge fan of the look, and their game seems to be plagued with problems, but there may be some ideas ripe for the plucking. Unfortunately, I haven't tried it myself, so I have nothing more to tell of it.

However, thinking back to Geometry Wars, it had a bunch of game modes.

Waves: Ever increasing difficulty, with a certain amount of lives to get through all the waves.
    Time limit: Infinite lives, with point potential increasing with the amount of things appearing on the screen until you die. When you die, the number of objects resets, and slowly starts building up again. You play for a set amount of time.

Geometry Wars was an old school space shooter, so not all the modes are applicable.
    09-06-12 09:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD