i don't know when this one came out... anyone tried this yet? Ui looks better than blaq imo...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-11 04:13 PM
    Awesome name

06-22-11 04:19 PM
    Looks ok in preview but since I've already purchased Blaq I'll wait for feedback before i try it.
    06-22-11 04:26 PM
    Looks ok in preview but since I've already purchased Blaq I'll wait for feedback before i try it.
    yup same here... plus blaq is supposed to come with a update pretty soon...

06-22-11 04:29 PM
    This looks very good, but I bought Blaq literally hours ago so I will wait to see what the update is like and feedback on Blackbird
    06-22-11 04:56 PM
    Tried it, want my money back. No image upload support and the DM's and mentions buttons don't even seem to work. A lot of good that does if you can only Tweet with it, and not see any replies. :/
    06-22-11 05:01 PM
    Thanks for review. Sorry you wasted your money (somebody had to) Perhaps the developer will make the improvements you mentioned.
    it's sad all the apps for playbook seemed half-baked(I guess consistent with the playbook itself)

Still waiting for a killer app that works as we would expect it to (or maybe we expect too much)
    06-22-11 05:17 PM
    Just saw this myself as well. I'm really hoping RIM comes out with an official app soon.
    06-22-11 05:22 PM
    why does the description say its a native app? how can it be native when its made by a 3rd party dev? lol
    06-22-11 06:02 PM
    why does the description say its a native app? how can it be native when its made by a 3rd party dev? lol
    That caught my eye also.
    06-22-11 09:06 PM
    I personally am done buying apps that I feel should be native, ive bought several, Blaque, File Browser, several more and they are good apps but I think soon we will get more good native ones so I am going to try to wait for the native stuff.
    06-22-11 09:09 PM
    That caught my eye also.
    i am sorry but its just silly, just as much as people that claim to have HD themes? when we all use the same screen res? i work on the `dont say it unless its true principle`.

as for the app itself, i cant comment as i dont have that great a need for twitter as its on my phone and tweetdeck on my pc so that sorts my rather unhealthy social dose lol
    06-22-11 09:39 PM
    I found Tweedless to be perfect for my use. IMO a Twitter App is one that should be native. If it isn't native it should be free. I appreciate that developers put work into the apps but a twitter app is not worth paying for. Especially when I can access a fully functional website. It just seems like putting money down the drain.
    06-23-11 04:08 AM
    These guys don't seem completely on the up and up if you know what I mean. Last year they copied the name of one of my apps verbatim. It was clearly a grab to steal some sales from me, I tried to contact them numerous times to work something out, never heard back from them. But in the end my app is still doing better than theirs

Think there's any coincidence that their app has "Black" in the name...
    06-23-11 07:18 AM
    Well i had to buy this app. A lot of work yet to be done compared to Blaq. But to be honest, if Genoa can do some updates within 1 week, you will have a better app compared to Blaq.

Pros;
    - Multiple account login
    - Trending Topics
    - Search option
    - You can easily go home (the last tweets, in Blaq that is impossible, you have to restart your app to go to the latest tweets when you scrolled all the way down)
    - Nice readable font!

Cons;
    - No viewing of media in the app (with BLAQ you can see youtube / websites within the app but with Blackbird you have to go to the browser to view pics or other media)
    - Not optimized for the big screen (a lot of black space in the app on the left and right)
    - You can only check the last 25-40 tweets
    - Not able to upload pictures or include other media
    - In general the app is slow. When you press a button you just have to wait if something happens
    - No Retweet option
    - You can not fully see a profile or picture.
    - When i tweet with Blaq you will see; Blaq on my Playbook or something like that. When tweet with Blackbird you will see; from Blackbird by GENOA. (I want the whole world to see that i got an awesome Playbook! :-)
    - No auto-refresh
    - Lists-button not working
    06-23-11 09:12 AM
    why would anyone need an app for twitter, when the twitter page works perfectly fine?
    06-23-11 10:37 AM
    Update version 1.0.5 is out now. Mentions and profiles are included now. Direct messages and lists are coming within the next days
    06-24-11 03:35 AM
    Great!

That was quick!

06-24-11 04:33 AM
    And version 1.0.9 is available!
    Improvements?
    Much quicker
    You can scroll down in your TL
    Automatic refresh is an option

Lists, Dm's and adding pics or vids to tweet still not possible

Gnome likes this.
    06-28-11 12:09 AM
    Version 1.11 is available. No changelog but Direct Messages are visible now!

07-01-11 01:38 AM
    Nice app for playbook but please can it be updated to include the ability to upload pictures and videos. Also needs fixing is when trying to view my followers i can only go so far down the list and when i refresh it takes me back to the top of the list! When using search function the number of tweets you can view is also limited.
    07-01-11 10:54 AM
    GENOA apps what the **** has happened in the latest update? I scroll down my timeline and when it reaches the bottom and refreshes all I have is a white screen meaning I have to hit the refresh button which takes me back to the most recent post!!! Uninstalled and reinstalled app but same problem, update has ruined a decent app!!!

07-06-11 06:49 AM
    Same issue here, totally not functioning!

have sent Genoa a mail!

Last edited by danield76; 07-06-11 at 08:07 AM.
    07-06-11 08:03 AM
    got a response within 15 minutes. Are looking into it right now

07-06-11 08:25 AM
    got a response within 15 minutes. Are looking into it right now

thanks for the info
    07-06-11 08:32 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD