Why can't I find these apps for the PlayBook in appworld? They can't be unavailable?! I want to travel with my PlayBook!
    KOOLWATER, screamlordbyron and MTL like this.
    03-14-12 07:46 AM
    they are unavailable lol. Would be nice to have some of the same apps as the BB phones do though wouldnt it
    03-14-12 08:00 AM
    Wow, that is pretty bad! Can't even get BlackBerry native apps for the PlayBook.

Are they working on it?

RIM, are you here?
    03-14-12 08:03 AM
    BlackBerry Protect for the playbook would be awesome also.
    03-14-12 08:03 AM
    CrackBerry Kevin must be able to relay these messages to BlackBerry.

I can't even understand why BlackBerry apps that are NATIVE wouldn't be available on the PlayBook.

Is it because they have been recoded (or whatever) for BLACKBERRY QNX?

Is it that hard to do?
    03-14-12 08:05 AM
    I'd like Password Keeper and BB Protect. With those, I'd be content.
    KOOLWATER and Chrisy like this.
    03-14-12 10:07 AM
    Yes, Christy, it would be like "simply" moving an ipad/apple app to the pb - it needs to be recoded.

I, too, would, at least, like Password Keeper on the pb. Although, once I adoped DataVault on the bbphone (and desktop computer), I did not keep up Password Keeper. And Datavault already replied that they have no intention of porting their apps to the pb!
    Chrisy likes this.
    03-14-12 10:20 AM
    I used Data vault on Android. It was a good app. I emailed them about a BlackBerry version as well and they replied in the negative.

Honestly, I never fully trusted Data Vault. I know it's one of the only Password Keepers on Android to NOT use cloud storage. It keeps data link local, that's why I used it. But, I still feel more secure with BlackBerry native Password Keeper.

Not sure why.
    03-14-12 10:27 AM
    Yes, Christy, it would be like "simply" moving an ipad/apple app to the pb - it needs to be recoded.

I, too, would, at least, like Password Keeper on the pb. Although, once I adoped DataVault on the bbphone (and desktop computer), I did not keep up Password Keeper. And Datavault already replied that they have no intention of porting their apps to the pb!
    it's funny to see everybody complaining about devs not creating apps for the PB... and RIM is just doing the same, not recoding its best apps for the PlayBook.

Come on RIM, we need these apps!!
    KOOLWATER likes this.
    04-09-12 12:48 PM
    Agreed. RIM should be the first ones with apps ready to go on the PlayBook. Password Keeper too like mentioned above.
    04-09-12 02:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD