So I'm not going to write a report about it, but I wanted to put a spotlight on the new section in BB App World. There's only one category in this section called Holiday so far, and in there is only one app called, "Christmas Themes".
    I assume they'll be themes available in a future release, but what do you think?
    P.S. I'm sure CB will blog about this eventually.

EDIT NOTES:
    Last edited by Venichie; 11-08-11 at 11:43 AM.
    11-08-11 11:39 AM
    It's only an app for wallpapers. Not really a theme for the PlayBook.
    11-08-11 12:11 PM
    I know... which is why I said this...
    I assume they'll be themes available in a future release, but what do you think?
    I would guess that we'd see actually themes eventually...
    11-08-11 05:57 PM
    I saw that "app" and I really could not believe it, it's a collection of photos that a user can go into their photo gallery and set as background..for $1.99.
    11-08-11 06:01 PM
    Well I'm sure its just the best place for it. Then you never know, they might have put in alot of work into making those wallpapers and thought they'd make some money. Even though I wouldn't buy it, I'm sure they'd be happy with the price they set for now, if someone buys it.
    Its also not the only app that has a price for being just wallpapers, and I'm sure we'll begin to see them being imported over to the proper category soon enough. Anyways, its a start to something new.

P.S. I know we can't all be happy with our app selection, but do most of those developers deserve to be ridiculed for showing interest/effort into our product of choice? I'd bet we'd have no apps, if we were to take one away for every angry outburst because we compared it to another similar one. (Yes I know we don't have the biggest selection of them as well...)
    11-08-11 07:50 PM
    I don't think this is RIM's doing - there was an issue a while back when a developer chose the wrong category for an app, which opened up that category on appworld.

This looks like the same thing, except that it seems to be an appropriate choice for this app. Which is not to say I think it's an app that's appropriate for purchase...
    11-09-11 02:57 AM
    I saw that "app" and I really could not believe it, it's a collection of photos that a user can go into their photo gallery and set as background..for $1.99.
    sad face

sometimes it's almost embarrassing being a playbook owner.
    11-10-11 01:29 AM
    it's not quite easy to change the theme of your playbook, but it is possible.
    I did it and I am still doing.
    It is like chaning icons at Windows or a webside, not impossible, but not easy.
    you need devuser for this.
    02-02-12 11:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD