Wasn't sure where to put this, as I didn't see any related threads, and well, I wasn't sure if it related more to the Playbook or to the Presenter accessory, but here is my question.

Since the Playbook will have Bluetooth support (like it will use for tethering to a BlackBerry smartphone), would this mean that I would be able to bluetooth my Presenter from my Playbook and leave my BlackBerry smartphone away (it's battery life isn't great, I'm sensing a bad battery).

If this would be possible, it would make my BlackBerry Playbook even more worth it, as I would be able to use a touch screen slate to see the notes on a bigger screen making them easier to read. Plus, the touch screen would make swiping between pages easier. If not, it's fine, I'll just use a touch screen phone (namely the Torch).
    Old_Mil likes this.
    12-20-10 05:09 PM
    The PlayBook has HDMI output. You can connect directly to HDMI or DVI supporting projectors without any accessories, just a cheap cable. If the projector is VGA then you need a more expensive converter box, but it's still doable. Doesn't answer your question directly, but it should accomplish the same thing.
    12-20-10 05:18 PM
    Ok, so I can see that working... however I'd be cabled down to the projector with the Playbook. Is there any way to achieve it wirelessly, as this is what I would like to do. I am very dynamic when giving a presentation.
    Old_Mil likes this.
    12-20-10 05:20 PM
    Ok, so I can see that working... however I'd be cabled down to the projector with the Playbook. Is there any way to achieve it wirelessly, as this is what I would like to do. I am very dynamic when giving a presentation.
    If the projector supports bluetooth then yes you could do this wirelessly, but that depends on the projector, not the playbook.
    12-22-10 02:00 PM
    If the projector supports bluetooth then yes you could do this wirelessly, but that depends on the projector, not the playbook.
    Alright, seems there's crossed wires here. Without sounding like an attack (and I apologise if it does come out this way) please allow me to clarify.

The projector I will be using doesn't need Bluetooth support as I will be using it with the BlackBerry Presenter accessory (as linked). However I will give you credit, if I can get access to a bluetooth projector, then that would be SWEET!
    I wish to be able to connect to the BlackBerry Presenter accessory from my Playbook and was wonderinf if anyone knows of an app that would allow for this connection. Much like the title says, BlackBerry Presenter for Playbook (I have the Presenter app installed on my smartphone already, so it's no biggie if I can't)
    01-01-11 11:17 AM
    Bumping for another response
    04-12-11 12:55 AM
    I have a BB Presenter and was thinking the same thing. I would think that yes it would be possible to connect a PB to the Presenter and the projector as I do now with my BB. I would guess the PB would just need the Presenter app loaded on the device. The Presenter would also probably need a firmware update.
    Big Holy likes this.
    04-12-11 01:30 AM
    Wow - I didn't even know this thing existed. If they bring out an app for the PB that will interface to this box I'd buy one in a heartbeat. Heck, I'd probably even buy one if I thought it would work with my Torch.
    04-12-11 01:11 PM
    Wow - I didn't even know this thing existed. If they bring out an app for the PB that will interface to this box I'd buy one in a heartbeat. Heck, I'd probably even buy one if I thought it would work with my Torch.
    The bb presenter doesn't work with the torch? I thought it worked with every modern BB.
    04-12-11 02:30 PM
    The bb presenter doesn't work with the torch? I thought it worked with every modern BB.
    The website says it works with the 9000, 9700, 8500, 8900 and Storm. No mention of the Torch. Doesn't necessarily mean it won't work though.
    04-12-11 02:40 PM
    i did order one on ...... well not sure if i can say. but on a site where u can bid on items . gotta good price on it. we'll see what happens in a few days.
    04-12-11 05:31 PM
    I don't think this will work at the moment but I'll test it when the Playbook comes in. From what I remember Presenter had an app for Blackberry. You would need a Presenter App via Bridge or wait for the JVM that will run BB OS apps.

At this point I don't think RIM is supporting Presenter too much which is a shame as it was a nice little gadget. BTW at the WES at&t party they gave a ton of these away.
    04-12-11 07:40 PM
    today i was the highest bidder on the presenter, got it for $60 shipping included. paid for it, and now hope to receive it....even if it doesnt work with my playbook i can still use it with my 9780. hopefully it will all work out and it will be a win win.
    04-14-11 11:36 PM
    I don't think this will work at the moment but I'll test it when the Playbook comes in. From what I remember Presenter had an app for Blackberry. You would need a Presenter App via Bridge or wait for the JVM that will run BB OS apps.

At this point I don't think RIM is supporting Presenter too much which is a shame as it was a nice little gadget. BTW at the WES at&t party they gave a ton of these away.
    Have you gotten a chance to try out the presenter with the pb yet? i got my pb, presenter should be here next week.
    04-19-11 09:41 PM
    Has someone tried this yet? The idea of being able to do wireless presentations with your notes on the playbook make this an almost must have for lecturing.

Someone with a playbook and presenter please try this out.

Much appreciated.
    MedChemist likes this.
    04-20-11 03:16 PM
    Has someone tried this yet? The idea of being able to do wireless presentations with your notes on the playbook make this an almost must have for lecturing.

Someone with a playbook and presenter please try this out.

Much appreciated.
    i should get the presenter this week in the mail, and i'll be sure to post results. really hope it works!!
    04-20-11 03:48 PM
    well.... i finally got the chance to download all software for the presenter and my 9780. after i got that setup and working i tried to download software for playbook, i connected the playbook and the site said "no blackberry device connected". so it looks like the playbook will not work with presenter.

the good thing is it does work with 9780
    05-03-11 01:00 AM
    Thanks for the update
    05-03-11 08:38 AM
    sorry to bring up such an old topic but has anything changed regarding this topic?
    apparently some ppl are offering the presenter working with the playbook:
    BlackBerry Presenter for Playbook

all the best,
    mygesc
    11-24-11 07:41 AM
    I am also interested if anything has changed. Will os2 offer the functionality to link to the presenter?
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-15-11 09:04 AM
    Rim remains tight-lipped about what will be included in OS2. Do not count on anything.
    12-15-11 11:13 AM
    This is what you need to do.

1. Throw out the presenter. Thought it would be the grestest thing since slice bread, but, not so.
    2. Connect your Playbook directly to the projector using the appropriate cable.
    3. Configure / set up Playbook to work with the projector as you normally would.
    3. On your BB phone, turn on BlackBerry Bridge.
    4. Pair your phone with the Playbook (if you have not done this already)
    4.Turn on "Use Remote control".

You now have control of your Playbook on a projector.

You are now using two BB devices, with no compromise.
    02-26-12 01:37 PM
    This is what you need to do.

1. Throw out the presenter. Thought it would be the grestest thing since slice bread, but, not so.
    2. Connect your Playbook directly to the projector using the appropriate cable.
    3. Configure / set up Playbook to work with the projector as you normally would.
    3. On your BB phone, turn on BlackBerry Bridge.
    4. Pair your phone with the Playbook (if you have not done this already)
    4.Turn on "Use Remote control".

You now have control of your Playbook on a projector.

You are now using two BB devices, with no compromise.

Just setup my PB with my LG 60' tv & works like a charm....AWESOME!!!
    05-03-12 11:28 AM
    now that we have OS2, i am afraid i have to bring up this topic again...

i was wondering whether something has changed here, as i am looking for the playbook being connected to the presenter desperately. i am looking for a wireless way of having my presentation on the projector using my playbook... phone doesn't work here as people don't like a teacher walking around with a phone in the hand
    06-03-12 11:48 AM
    Bit of an old thread, but I'm going to bump this. This is a ridiculously good sounding device, has anyone gotten it to work with a playbook?

The reason is this: Traveling with a blackberry phone + a presenter will allow you to show powerpoints but a blackberry phone is too small to really make any changes to a powerpoint. A playbook has a bigger screen and really would allow you to tweak powerpoints on the road.

If the presenter and playbook could sync, I'd go out and buy a blackberry phone, presenter, and playbook this afternoon.

This thing must be the best kept secret on earth.
    09-06-12 08:54 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD