Hello everyone,
    I just bought a Blackberry Playbook and would like to know if there is a free texting app available that I can use to text to cell phones of different carriers? Also does anyone know if more free apps will be available this year?

Thank you,
    Anna
    10-10-11 11:10 PM
    There's no texting app yet that I'm aware of. Hopefully it will be coming to PB with the updated OS.
    There's going to be apps coming all the time.. not too sure what ones exactly until they are there. Keep an eye on App World.
    Welcome to CrackBerry
    annamarialuann likes this.
    10-10-11 11:24 PM
    I believe Comwave ePhone app is working on texting for a future update. By the way, Comwave already has a good phone app and is a great alternative to Skype.
    annamarialuann likes this.
    10-11-11 10:28 AM
    anyone find anything on the new 2.0 ????
    02-21-12 02:31 PM
    The TextFree app works great I use it all the time.Just pick an area code and number and your good to go.
    02-21-12 02:44 PM
    The TextFree app works great I use it all the time.Just pick an area code and number and your good to go.
    I did NOT see it. , where did you get it ? If it has to be sided loaded ..can you pm me step by step instructions.
    02-22-12 07:50 AM
    Not free one but there is one available for texting @ around 9c/SMS - n2webSMS.
    02-22-12 08:30 AM
    Where is this app ?
    02-09-13 03:49 PM
    Hello everyone,
    I just bought a Blackberry Playbook and would like to know if there is a free texting app available that I can use to text to cell phones of different carriers? Also does anyone know if more free apps will be available this year? Anna
    You can get this from Good E Reader - you will need to side load it to get it going -

Text Me! - Free Texting + SMS for Playbook - Blackberry Playbook and BB10 Android Apps | Android APPS - BB10 Apps & Playbook Apps
    02-10-13 08:34 AM
    I have tried text me! but I can't send sms from the playbook, just free texting to other text me users but you can't add contacts. Has anyone had success in sending SMSs with this app?
    02-10-13 11:33 AM
    Do this work on pb
    03-03-13 07:14 PM
    I use the Google Voice app, side-loaded from GoodEReader. It will send and receive text messages if you have a Google Voice number. I use it for visual voicemail and texting from my PlayBook.
    03-05-13 03:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD