Hi there. With the latest os update on my PlayBook my BlackBerry news app no longer updates. I've been to the app support site and found no actual support available. Was going to delete and reinstall but I can't find the app in BlackBerry World.
    This app worked very well before the update but appears dead in the water now.

Posted via CB10
    04-04-14 01:25 PM
    Hi there. With the latest os update on my PlayBook my BlackBerry news app no longer updates. I've been to the app support site and found no actual support available. Was going to delete and reinstall but I can't find the app in BlackBerry World.
    This app worked very well before the update but appears dead in the water now.

Posted via CB10
    Gone bye bye, along with the playbook
    04-04-14 02:07 PM
    BBRY ended support for BB News as of a few days ago, on April 3, 2014. Timing of the update was coincidental.
    ... BlackBerry has announced that they will be putting an end to both services in April.
    BlackBerry News will be the first to get the axe on the 3rd of April which means that those who own BlackBerry Playbook tablets or older BlackBerry 7 handsets will have to look somewhere else. BlackBerry Newsstand will be cut on the 30th of April, giving BlackBerry 10 users a little bit more time...
    southlander likes this.
    04-04-14 06:16 PM
    Has anyone discovered a replacement for BlackBerry News for the PlayBook that will download RSS of various webpages? My BlackBerry News stopped working this morning. Shame, as it was a great app.
    nealjane likes this.
    04-04-14 07:54 PM
    Did not see much selection for BBOS. All of the threads with recommendations are about BB10 apps.
    04-04-14 08:18 PM
    There are many RSS readers available for the PlayBook on BlackBerry World. Personally, I am using RSS Reader by Meecal. It works well. So far, it is extremely fast and responsive.

I had a love-hate relationship with BlackBerry News. I liked the layout and that you had a short preview of the text, instead of just seeing the title. However, it was very slow updating and responding to taps. It also crashed many times.
    04-04-14 08:58 PM
    I agree...BlackBerry News was "buggy". Just downloaded RSS Reader by Meecal. Seems to operate well. THX!
    04-04-14 09:12 PM
    I agree...BlackBerry News was "buggy". Just downloaded RSS Reader by Meecal. Seems to operate well. THX!
    Ever really had any crashing issues with BlackBerry news, used it daily for years!! will give rss reader a go ;-)

Posted via CB10
    04-05-14 05:29 AM
    This sucks. Not many good news apps available for OS5 or 6
    04-07-14 10:33 AM
    So the best bet for RSS readers on PlayBook is an Android port? Nothing native?
    Would read it later work somehow? Just bought it for Q10, I guess I get it free on the PlayBook, right?
    Any alternatives?
    -pac
    04-07-14 05:27 PM
    Try here...for a few suggestions....im now on the lookout for a new alternative as BlackBerry news has gone..

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=9939801

Posted via CB10
    04-08-14 02:43 AM
    Ha! And here I was waiting for BlackBerry to finally release News for OS10.

Posted via CBZ10
    nealjane1 likes this.
    04-08-14 10:19 PM
    Ha! And here I was waiting for BlackBerry to finally release News for OS10.

Posted via CBZ10
    Yep...me too!!

Posted via CB10
    04-09-14 02:45 AM
    So the best bet for RSS readers on PlayBook is an Android port? Nothing native?
    Would read it later work somehow? Just bought it for Q10, I guess I get it free on the PlayBook, right?
    Any alternatives?
    -pac
    The best one I've found is 'Feed Wheel' in app store. And it's native!! Not updated in a while so it has some glitches - but I think I can live with them...some others I found are 'Glimpse ' which is ok too, another is 'Pipeline.' but this has some issues too (can't input rss addresses in pipeline - major!!) none appear to auto update in background but that not a major issue with my BlackBerry z10 ;-)

Posted via CB10
    04-10-14 02:31 PM
    Dang, Newsstand should have been spared the axe, I really hope Blackberry reconsiders. This is by far the best app out there for people who love to read. Gives Blackberry the platform legitimacy and part of the strength to carry on, particularly if it wants to win back the consumer market it lost.
    05-18-14 02:37 PM
    I am using the Android port "Taptu" which can be found in BB World. It works pretty good for me.
    -pac
    nealjane1 likes this.
    05-18-14 03:07 PM