It is my experience that the News app is painfully slow to update and does not update in the background. I'd rather have the Android Google Reader app or even old school Viigo.
    02-07-12 10:51 PM
    No complaints for me on the version on my Torch 9860, I like it on the PlayBook too
    02-07-12 11:03 PM
    I think it is a good looking app, it just needs to major update.
    02-07-12 11:18 PM
    I use it every day, I find it slow and it will sometimes hang, update needed for sure.

Who knows maybe they'll and the ability to use rss feeds in the mail app... It does everything else already... Just jokes.
    02-08-12 12:11 AM
    The problem with the current PlayBook OS is that no content (not counting Bridge) will be push to your device unless you have the actual app window open. And this is an actual native app developed by RIM. This problem also applies to the BlackBerry Podcasts app. This also means no push notifications from: Facebook, Twitter, weather system alerts, breaking news, etc.

On the other hand, on your "old school" BlackBerry phone everything will be push to your phone regardless if you have the app open or not.

They really need to improve the push/pull services on this new platform, as well as a solid notification system. For a company who supposedly prides themselves as "nobody does communication better than us" they certainly haven't proved that with the PlayBook OS and 2.0 doesn't fix any of these issues stated above.
    02-08-12 04:03 AM
    Finally took the plunge to look at this app and while it does look nice, it needs a constant connection to be useful. For NYC commuters, it's a fail...
    02-08-12 08:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD