New RIM created rss news reader. Really easy to use and it has a slick UI.

Hopefully they add googlereader support soon, but great nonetheless.
    06-09-11 02:24 PM
    Doesn't appear that it marks articles as read. No way to know if there is a new unread post without opening the feed.
    06-09-11 02:51 PM
    How can I move several RSS feed into a whole category?
    I mean, I would like, to merge, for example, all my PS3 feed into one Category... is it possible?
    06-09-11 02:51 PM
    How can I move several RSS feed into a whole category?
    I mean, I would like, to merge, for example, all my PS3 feed into one Category... is it possible?
    I was wondering about this as well. I have my RSS feeds arranged by category (i.e., News, BlackBerry, General Tech). So far, the only reliable app that has been able to do this on my Bold 9780 is BerryReader. I don't know if they plan to have a version for the PlayBook, though.

My must have list for an RSS reader is:

- Must be able to import .opml files, I'm sick of having to manually re-enter them all.

- Must have the ability to categorize feeds.

- Exporting in OPML is wanted but I guess I can live without it.

To me, these things are no-brainers, and I've seen these features in apps on Android, iOS, Windows Phone, etc. Why the BBOS seems to lag behind is beyond me, but I'm hoping that'll change.
    06-09-11 03:01 PM
    i like the news reader a nice way of browsing my rss feeds.. i expect more in the future since this is the first version
    06-09-11 03:35 PM
    It appears it syncs with the news feeds app for your blackberry phone. Should be interesting to see this after further versions come out.
    06-09-11 04:14 PM
    I cant download this app. Is it because I'm in Australia? I could only get the bb one to work on my 9700 when i was in the US.
    06-09-11 07:39 PM
    im sticking with geereader ....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-09-11 07:49 PM
    I dloaded it and took a quick look when I was in the office and it seemed ok. Later, I was at my son's 8th grade graduation and was opening up Google News in the bridge browser when I remembered the BB News app. I fired it up and then realized I'd probably need to tether. A message came up when it started "This app requires a data connection... but you can read what you previously downloaded". That took it up a notch for me. Maybe other readers do that too, IDK.

I was able to select a google news story in the browser and then read stuff in the app while they loaded. I was also able to swipe over to the camera whenever i needed to snap a pic. Love my PB.
    06-10-11 01:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD