I just got a notification that BlackBerry brige is update to the version 3.4.0.30 and now allow you to view phone call notification on the PlayBook when bridged with bb10 devices running 10.2.1

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 246584
    02-10-14 09:33 AM
    Nice! Was just wondering when this would return last week. Hope they fix the 'Open On' issue in this update.
    02-10-14 10:03 AM
    This is an update on the PlayBook or an update on the bridge app on bb10?

Sorry, don't have my pb to check but I didn't see an update on my cell.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-14 10:08 AM
    This is an update on the PlayBook or an update on the bridge app on bb10?

Sorry, don't have my pb to check but I didn't see an update on my cell.

Posted via CB10
    Bridge app on BB10.
    02-10-14 10:14 AM
    Just tested it and it still doesn't transfer the text messages from the Z10 to the PB on mine, the busy circle just spins constantly
    02-10-14 02:06 PM
    Just tested it and it still doesn't transfer the text messages from the Z10 to the PB on mine, the busy circle just spins constantly
    How long are your text message threads? If they are very long, you may just be reaching a limitation to the way they programed the Bridge connection.
    02-10-14 02:15 PM
    Same here, text not bridging..only BBM!!
    02-10-14 05:05 PM
    My text works fine, just no notification I have to hear my phone.
    02-10-14 05:34 PM
    Update didn't work to get notifications back...try deleting both bridge off of phone and phone off of playbook and reinstall both. Working great for me
    02-10-14 08:44 PM
    I also didn't notice any change from previous version. I don't getting any call notification. My brige SMS work well

Posted via CB10
    02-11-14 04:37 AM
    This is what it looks like for me. Haven't tested the 'Answer' button yet to see if it automates the phone for Speakerphone.

No issues with Text or BBM through Bridge either. I do agree with robsteve that if you have a lot of Text Messages, or the threaded ones are long, that it will take a while to load up.
    Attached Thumbnails BlackBerry Bridge update 3.4.0.30-img_00000008.png  
    02-11-14 09:15 AM
    I've been checking for updates for my Z30 constantly and none are showing up.
    BlackBerry World still sees my BlackBerry Bridge version 3.3.0.25 as being current.

My current Bridge installation work well for both BBM and SMS with the only slightly irritating habit it has for the PlayBook showing unopened SMS items when all SMS items have already been opened and even deleted. No big deal there though.

If this new update brings the ability to answer incoming phone calls on the PlayBook that would be great!

***edit***
    This just popped into mind as to a possible reason I'm not seeing the update: my Z30 still has not had the OS 10.2.1.xxxx pushed to it due to Verizon being such slackers when it comes to software updates. I wonder if me still being on 10.2.0.xxxx has anything to do with the Bridge update not being available.
    Last edited by MisterShark; 02-11-14 at 09:53 AM.
    02-11-14 09:36 AM
    I've been checking for updates for my Z30 constantly and none are showing up.
    BlackBerry World still sees my BlackBerry Bridge version 3.3.0.25 as being current.

My current Bridge installation work well for both BBM and SMS with the only slightly irritating habit it has for the PlayBook showing unopened SMS items when all SMS items have already been opened and even deleted. No big deal there though.

If this new update brings the ability to answer incoming phone calls on the PlayBook that would be great!

***edit***
    This just popped into mind as to a possible reason I'm not seeing the update: my Z30 still has not had the OS 10.2.1.xxxx pushed to it due to Verizon being such slackers when it comes to software updates. I wonder if me still being on 10.2.0.xxxx has anything to do with the Bridge update not being available.
    Very possible. If you know how to use it, use Sachesi to grab the download files of 1925 from a carrier that's dropped it already and then load using the same software. That's how I pushed it to my girlfriend's AT&T Z10 over a week ago. Used the autoloader on my Verizon Z10 when they leaked it.
    02-11-14 11:12 AM
    Very possible. If you know how to use it, use Sachesi to grab the download files of 1925 from a carrier that's dropped it already and then load using the same software. That's how I pushed it to my girlfriend's AT&T Z10 over a week ago. Used the autoloader on my Verizon Z10 when they leaked it.
    Thanks for the suggestion but I'm going to wait it out until the end of the month for the official VzW - pushed update.
    As a technical support professional for the top executives in our company I tend to be very shy when it comes to risking anything with my BlackBerry. I RDP into servers and my laptop constantly (via my Z30) and any possibility of destabilizing what I have configured and working perfectly right now on my Z30 just isn't worth the potential trouble.

Posted via CB10
    DurdenLunarius likes this.
    02-11-14 12:58 PM
    I can confirm now, after testing, that hitting 'Answer' does indeed activate the phone's speakerphone and answer the call. Very awesome of them to include that small touch versus just the display option we had on BBOS.
    scrapmetal58 likes this.
    02-11-14 01:04 PM
    New update makes the PB and BB10 a more logical match, closing the gap with PB BBOS. Now a new addition if we can answer the call using PB speakers and mic and some hub integration.

Posted on my flagship Z30 10.2.1.2141
    tan_okan likes this.
    02-24-14 02:10 PM
    I noticed in that screen capture above that there's mention of using an attached headset: attached to the PlayBook or the BB10 phone?

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 03:51 PM
    Hitting answer on the PB prompt will answer the BB10 phone to speakerphone, or to whatever headset you have attached to the phone.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-14 05:32 PM
    A serious question here:

If bridge is still being updated, why isn't the playbook being updated too? What is the point of implying that the playbook is redundant and then release an update which enhances the usage between phone and tablet? All this indicates to me is that blackberry don't have a clear strategy. To me, they should easily be able to give playbook users BBM and continue to iron out the kinks on bb10.
    02-24-14 06:25 PM
    In a way updating Bridge IS a form of updating the PlayBook. It has added functions that were previously missing...

And they just released another update tonight. This one claims to resolve the notifications bug.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 10:25 PM
    A serious question here:

If bridge is still being updated, why isn't the playbook being updated too? What is the point of implying that the playbook is redundant and then release an update which enhances the usage between phone and tablet? All this indicates to me is that blackberry don't have a clear strategy. To me, they should easily be able to give playbook users BBM and continue to iron out the kinks on bb10.
    The update enhances the usage of your BB10. Not the PlayBook.

Posted via CB10
    02-25-14 10:31 PM
    Dammit; yet another update I can't yet get because Verizon still hasn't pushed 10.2.1 to their Z30 community yet.

Posted via CB10
    02-26-14 07:47 AM
    In a way updating Bridge IS a form of updating the PlayBook. It has added functions that were previously missing...

And they just released another update tonight. This one claims to resolve the notifications bug.

Posted via CB10
    For only those who own a BB10, no one else.
    02-26-14 08:45 AM
    Dammit; yet another update I can't yet get because Verizon still hasn't pushed 10.2.1 to their Z30 community yet.

Posted via CB10
    You can always do what I did and get it through Sachesi so you don't have to do a destructive autoload.

Hoping this fixes the phone call notification that came up missing when .2141 was loaded onto my Z10. Good to see them correcting it quickly.
    02-26-14 01:47 PM
    You can always do what I did and get it through Sachesi so you don't have to do a destructive autoload.

Hoping this fixes the phone call notification that came up missing when .2141 was loaded onto my Z10. Good to see them correcting it quickly.
    Mine had the call notification not showing on last update, I just deleted BlackBerry bridge from the z10 and downloaded again and pair the PB again, that fixed the problem, also fixed not getting notification on the PB of BBM massages and text. (the small icons on the top left of the PB)

Posted on my flagship Z30 10.2.1.2141
    02-26-14 05:28 PM
38 12