The Playbook has launched and yet the app store is saying that Blackberry Bridge is not available for my model (Bold 9780) or carrier (Rogers, Canada). Is this cause I don't have my Playbook yet and somehow it knows? (in which case, fine) or is it because Rogers are fubar and somehow not getting Bridge (in which case I may well go postal).
    04-19-11 08:40 AM
    Not availible for Sprint on 9650.

T^T

I don't have a playbook but i still want it.
    </3

If you look at the bottom of the description in app world it says it will match the pb launch.

so...
    yeah.

5 edits lol
    Last edited by Deathcommand; 04-19-11 at 08:48 AM.
    04-19-11 08:45 AM
    I'm on Rogers and can download it fine on 9700. I don't have a Playbook yet, so having or not having it does not affect Bridge Download. And it's not a Rogers thing. I'd just keep trying. Maybe do a battery pull?
    Brazen9000 likes this.
    04-19-11 08:48 AM
    Thanks mate, I'll keep trying
    04-19-11 08:51 AM
    In App World, try holding alt, then hitting r,s,t in sequence. This reset worked for me on a Bell Torch. Once back in App World, was able to download and install fine.
    kuni1987, Brazen9000 and dcgore like this.
    04-19-11 09:03 AM
    In App World, try holding alt, then hitting r,s,t in sequence. This reset worked for me on a Bell Torch. Once back in App World, was able to download and install fine.
    @Parabola! your a champion mate! I've been f-ing around with my 9700 all morning. Your alt - R,S,T worked a charm and now its downloading!

Now the real fun with my playbook starts!

So for all fudging around with their phones waiting to download, just restart the app with this method! It worked fine for me
    04-19-11 09:07 AM
    What!? How and Why on earth did that just work!? Many thanks parabola - where did you hear about this? what is it? why does it work? and, like the first person to milk a cow, what were you trying to do when you did it first?
    04-19-11 09:12 AM
    Just one of many tricks picked up from hanging around CrackBerry. I think basically it clears cached App World info and forces a refresh of info from RIM's servers. This comes up pretty regularly when an app is announced as updated, but many people cannot see it. I suppose it's a good idea in theory for balancing load across App World servers, but it sure is a pain when you *know* there's an update available and your device tells you otherwise!

Note: this method still doesn't seem to work for everyone. But some are reporting that if you install via App World website and USB connected to your computer, that also does the trick.
    04-19-11 09:20 AM
    if that doesn't work, I logged into appworld on my computer and installed from the computer.
    04-19-11 10:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD