Have a Bold 9650 on Sprint, OS 6, enterprise activation. Installed the new rule template on the enterprise server.

I found Blackberry Bridge in App World and installed it. It shows up as an installed app in my app world, but on my phone there is no icon so I cannot start the program. I have uninstalled and reinstalled in app world about a dozen times. Yes, I have checked every folder and no icon anywhere.

Any suggestions?
    04-22-11 07:23 AM
    I'm having the exact same issue. Blackberry support just had me uninstall/install over and over again.
    04-24-11 07:37 AM
    Not sure on the Bold with OS 6, but when you start typing "bridge" on the home screen, it should search and show all the apps that have anything to do with bridge. Among others it should show the Blackberry Bridge app.

AR
    04-24-11 07:55 AM
    I had the missing icon problem some mentioned above until I saw a tip to look in the 'Downloads" folder or search.

Now that I've got BlackberryBridge working on both a Verizon 9650 & AT&T 9700 I'm posting a summary of the instructions I found on different forums in case it helps anyone else:

For non-AT&T phones
    * Swipe down from top from home screen to see PlayBook settings & select BlackberryBridge
    * Use phone's camera to scan QR code to bring up BlackberryBridge software for phone in App World & install

For AT&T phones:
    * Download applicable BlackberryBridge software depending on your OS:
    - OS5: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...yBridgeOS5.jad
    - OS6: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...erryBridge.jad
    * Install software & reboot phone
    * If you see the BlackberryBridge icon you're ready to resume the pairing process explained in PlayBook Settings -> BlackberryBridge
    * If you can't find the icon look in the downloads folder or search for the app & confirm it is installed by looking at the applications list
    * If the OTA installs above don't work you can also try to install via Desktop Manager:
    - Instructions: http://nerdberry.net/2011/05/19/rim-...dge-desktop-in...
    - Download: this link worked for me (Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: BlackBerry_Bridge_1.0.0.83_with-BBM_DTM.zip...) but you can also just google "BlackBerry_Bridge_1.0.0.83_with-BBM_DTM.zip"

Pair your phone w/ the PlayBook using the QR code created by following the next steps of the instruction wizard in PlayBook Settings->BlackberryBridge
    * If you have any trouble confirm Bluetooth is turned on for both the device & phone and/or reboot both devices
    * Once paired it seems to work best to have the PlayBook initiate the connection request (via the paired device list in PlayBook Settings->BlackberryBridge) rather than initializing the connection from the phone, not sure why
    * to use BBM via Bridge you also need to BBM update 5.0.3.22 installed on your phone
    05-31-11 05:04 PM
    Hi, i'm having the "no bridge icon on my phone" problem too..i actually have a Bold 9000 and installed the app (version for OS5) via desktop because app world is not available where i am and the OTA doesn't work.

Anyway, the app gets installed correctly on the phone, since i can see it in the installed apps menu, but there is no icon to run the app in any of the folders.

I have tried to uninstall/reinstall it multiple times with the same result.

Does anyone know how i could solve this problem?

Thanks in advance
    06-10-11 08:35 AM
    Me three.... downloaded fine, just can't find it on the new Rogers 9900. When I search it shows up in Appworld, but nowhere else, not even in Downloads

But it worked just jimdandy on my old Bold 9000. Grrr. Arggh.
    10-30-11 05:44 PM
    erm.

nvm.

this time it showed up in the Applications folder.
    10-30-11 05:45 PM
    11-29-11 01:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD