Why can't RIM employ people like KermEd?! Not that they need to now he's doing their job for free!
    I already work for a touch company But in a much less glorious role as an analyst.
    11-03-11 09:56 AM
    From what I'm reading this is exactly what I need to finally jump to the OS2 beta.

Question though, and likely in the wrong thread but, people keep mentioning the bridge browser being broken. In OS2, does this mean you can't browse at all across the bridge, or just the "bridge browser" itself is broken, but you can still use the main browser? (I.E. Bridged, wifi off, still use the regular browser).
    11-03-11 10:07 AM
    Great questions, the Bridge Browser is broken, but your internet still bridges itself. I'll verifiy right now for you though.
    11-03-11 10:14 AM
    Yup, killed my wifi, and went to google. Google came up through my Bridge to my Torch. Should be good to go with it.

But a word of caution, some things are tough on OS2. Its worth it for the free android apps though imo.
    11-03-11 10:15 AM
    Thanks Kerm...having not yet tried it I'll already say you rock just from your quick response. Wish I hadn't left my PB at home today
    11-03-11 10:28 AM
    Hmm the biggest problem I've hit with OS2 is that I made the mistake of installing that Android Player everyone had copies of from OS1.

In my case it corrupted my OS so I couldn't backup my Applications. Then I installed OS2 and it wouldn't let me backup anything. To make it worse, (even with Android Player 1 removed) I couldn't use any Android Apps. Clicking ont hem, they just bounced and then nothing.

I finally did a security wipe with no backup, and re-installed everything from scratch on OS2. Works well now. But it was a rocky start :P

Also, reading on some places. apparently Bridge will work if you set your language to English, and local to US in the latest OS2 update with Bridge. I havent tested it yet myself though.
    11-03-11 10:39 AM
    Also, reading on some places. apparently Bridge will work if you set your language to English, and local to US in the latest OS2 update with Bridge. I havent tested it yet myself though.
    Doesn't work for me set like that... still need your bridge app...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-03-11 04:35 PM
    I'll add to the confusion -
    Just put 2.0.0.3894 on my PlayBook
    Just put Bridge 1.0.7.4 on my BB
    Bridge no workie
    Deleted pair and re-paired
    Bridge no workie
    Phone is a 9850 with OS 7.0.0.374
    11-03-11 08:23 PM
    retested when i got home and im so very sorry - my bridged internet is also *not* working. I forgot I tethered my phone earlier i havent got bridged internet working at all either
    11-04-11 12:18 AM
    I paid AT&T for tethering, yet still couldn't get any of bridge to work. Having OS2 beta let me use your solution. Thank you so much. You included a special fix that fixed incompatibilities in TWO Playbooks! Now I can enjoy OS2 in both! Fantastic fix!!!
    KermEd likes this.
    11-04-11 10:00 PM
    Hi KermEd,
    I installed your bridge on PB. I got list of options like browser, message etc. I selected browser which is working but I can not get main menu anymore to switch to other options. Any tips on how to do it?

thanks
    11-05-11 04:21 PM
    Hi there,

The latest release will let you change user agents - quite handy! Anyway, the 'lazy' way is to 'swipe-down' to open your menu. Set the user-agent to Firefox from the slider, and press OK.

You will now have a full menu at the top. But sometimes windows are a little funky.

The other option is to keep it in Playbook mode (no menu at the top) and you have two buttons on the bottom left-right hand side. The button on the left - hit it lots and it will take you back to the main menu.

But make sure your URL in the down-swipe is set to 127.0.0.1 or (in the latest release only) press the Reset button in the configuration page!

~ed
    11-05-11 06:54 PM
    Latest version 222 works perfectly fine. Previously, I downloaded from AppWorld on Nov 4th. It gave me 205 version. Today I used latest from 1st page of this thread. Now, I get options easily.

Thanks for sharing such a useful app. BB provided bridge browser does not work over 3g but yours does.
    11-07-11 01:21 AM
    Hi there,

The latest release will let you change user agents - quite handy! Anyway, the 'lazy' way is to 'swipe-down' to open your menu. Set the user-agent to Firefox from the slider, and press OK.

You will now have a full menu at the top. But sometimes windows are a little funky.

The other option is to keep it in Playbook mode (no menu at the top) and you have two buttons on the bottom left-right hand side. The button on the left - hit it lots and it will take you back to the main menu.

But make sure your URL in the down-swipe is set to 127.0.0.1 or (in the latest release only) press the Reset button in the configuration page!

~ed
    Does this sideload build of the bridge apps allows access to the .doc and .pdf attachments on e-mails?
    11-07-11 06:38 AM
    I spent hours researching how to get my bridge working once the 2.0 upgrade and finally found a nice alternative thanks to opensourcebb.com. Check out this link: Replace your defunct Bridge apps on Playbook 2.0 | OpenSourceBB.com � The best freakin' hybrids. Period.

They have only developed bbm, mail, calendar and contacts but they work great. You have to sideload the bar files just like android apps using ddpb but they really do work great.
    11-10-11 10:07 PM
    I would have loved this - but the link appears to be broken, or has been blocked
    11-11-11 12:38 AM
    thanks!!
    01-27-12 07:19 AM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD