Hi,

Firstly, I realise that this is more an issue for the phone forum, but it relates to the PB so have posted it here.

I have a Pearl 9105 running OS6 (bundle 2646). I had Blackberry Bridge installed on it to connect to my PB, but since an upgrade to version 1.0.7.4 last Saturday the icon has disappeared from the phone. I have tried uninstalling, performing a battery pull, reinstalling and then a further battery pull, but it does not show up at all, though does say in Application Management that it is installed.

Please can someone suggest some way to get it to reappear?

Many thanks,
    Neil

ps. I have tried showing all hidden apps; looking in downloads; looking in Applications and every other folder that I have.
    11-09-11 08:09 AM
    Can't think of much more other then deleting it thru dm or bbsak or something.
    11-09-11 09:08 AM
    Had a similar issue here with 9900 OS7.
    I guess it's because I did an OTA download to workaround (no sucesfull) OS2 bridge failure.
    Then, the icon has been moved to the "downloads" section. Have you checked there ?

Anyway, you'll find all bridge parameters within the configuration app.
    11-09-11 09:13 AM
    Click menu and show all to see hidden icons. This has been a bug in the past.
    11-09-11 09:52 AM
    Thanks for the above, but I have done all of the following:

1. Checked in all possible download folder;

2. Got all icons visible through 'show all';

3. Deleted and reinstalled it about 10 times - all to no avail.

Would really appreciate some further help if anyone has any ideas. For the record, I did do an OTA update - as I do for all updates and had done for all BB Bridge updates to date.

Thanks,
    Neil
    11-09-11 10:10 AM
    You could try to restore a backup, would that replace bridge? I don't know if dm backs that up or not. Then delete the bridge app and reboot and download again.

Just trying to think of things other then backing up and reloading your OS.
    11-09-11 10:14 AM
    Sadly I think the back-up and re-install is going to be the only viable option. I just wondered if others had had this, and if they knew of a workaround. Re-installing is pretty boring!
    11-09-11 10:52 AM
    Sadly I think the back-up and re-install is going to be the only viable option. I just wondered if others had had this, and if they knew of a workaround. Re-installing is pretty boring!
    Why do you want the icon to show ? All props are available in the first panel of configuration ... I did not bother
    11-09-11 10:54 AM
    Hi,

Firstly, I realise that this is more an issue for the phone forum, but it relates to the PB so have posted it here.

I have a Pearl 9105 running OS6 (bundle 2646). I had Blackberry Bridge installed on it to connect to my PB, but since an upgrade to version 1.0.7.4 last Saturday the icon has disappeared from the phone. I have tried uninstalling, performing a battery pull, reinstalling and then a further battery pull, but it does not show up at all, though does say in Application Management that it is installed.

Please can someone suggest some way to get it to reappear?

Many thanks,
    Neil

ps. I have tried showing all hidden apps; looking in downloads; looking in Applications and every other folder that I have.
    When you uninstalled did you do it through app world? Or did you do it under the application management option on the device? I had this happen once and removed it via app world, then reinstalled (through app world) and it re-appeared.
    11-09-11 10:58 AM
    Is Bridge working but the icon is missing?

I guess I will ask - do you need the icon? Each time I've upgraded, the "settings" have carried forward so that my pb remains "paired." Obviously, if you want to add a new tablet, then you need the app/icon to open it.

I'm trying to remember if there's any way (engineering screen or other) of forcing an app to the front or active state.
    11-09-11 10:59 AM
    Sadly Bridge is not working either - cannot get the Playbook to connect to the phone. I have tried removing the Playbook from the list of paired devices in the Bluetooth connections menu, and can re-pair it, but I think you need the Bridge app working on the phone to actually work.
    11-09-11 11:13 AM
    Well; I'll try this :

1. delete the PB bridge entry on your phone
    2. delete both PB and Phone BlueTooth entries on PB and Phone
    3. Start over the bridging process (do NOT pair BT before, it does it implicitely):
    a) require the installation of the bridge app on your phone by scanning the tag (install bridge button @ the first step on the PB)
    b) start the bridging process by scanning the tag
    4. hopefully ... enjoy your PB !

P.S : do you have access to the bridge app into network management on your phone ?
    11-09-11 11:19 AM
    Well; I'll try this :

1. delete the PB bridge entry on your phone
    2. delete both PB and Phone BlueTooth entries on PB and Phone
    3. Start over the bridging process (do NOT pair BT before, it does it implicitely):
    a) require the installation of the bridge app on your phone by scanning the tag (install bridge button @ the first step on the PB)
    b) start the bridging process by scanning the tag
    4. hopefully ... enjoy your PB !

P.S : do you have access to the bridge app into network management on your phone ?
    Sorry, but this didn't work. When I reinstall Bridge, it still doesn't show up as an icon anywhere, and so is not active (and I cannot start it). Therefore, I cannot actually pair it with my phone.

Also, I don't know what you mean by Network Management on the phone. Can you please explain?

Thanks,
    Neil
    11-09-11 11:46 AM
    One more suggestion:

If you haven't, remove Bridge from the phone, reboot. Make sure it is gone. Then try the install. I'd suggest getting the regular one (even if AT&T) for the moment and see if it installs and shows up.

Oh, have you installed anything else on the phone recently? Real OS or a hybrid? VoiceDialing installed (I can't remember but it apparently affects other things on the phone besides just voice dialing).
    11-09-11 01:09 PM
    Thanks F2, but I have tried the uninstall/reboot/reinstall method quite a few times, but still nothing happening. Of course, when I delete the Bridge App it is still listed in my Appworld as 'uninstalled', so it always gives me the option to 'reinstall'. Also, I have no unusual Apps installed or configuration.

I just wish there was a known way to force start an App or force an icon to the home page. It is hugely frustrating!
    xCBLurker likes this.
    11-10-11 12:45 AM
    Oh, one final (for the moment) suggestion:

visit rroyy.com (from the phone browser) and try downloading ota an older version of the Bridge - he's got archives of the Bridge software. Maybe an older version will work.

Your profile does not match your current device?

edited to add: You can visit rroyy on the computer and get the feel for navigating his site to find the archives
    howardmoore likes this.
    11-10-11 01:27 AM
    Magic! It worked by downloading the old version from rroyy.com - fantastic advice, thanks!

So, if you have a 9105 running OS6, looks like downloading the new version is a no-no!
    FF22 likes this.
    11-10-11 04:18 AM
    You are quite welcome.

What's interesting is the newest version fixed my bt connection after my bb phone turns back on in the morning. My phone turns off at night and on in the morn. The last two versions would not automatically reconnect. I had to manually toggle the bt on the phone on/off to reconnect bridge. This latest version fixed that.
    jjpk likes this.
    11-10-11 09:21 AM
    Love Forums like this one; exact same issue on Pearl 9100 with OS 6 - unable to get the latest Blackberry Bridge version 1.0.7.4 to even show-up (icon). Checked out rroyy and last version 1.0.6.5 works like a charm! Thanks Guys!!
    11-24-11 12:02 AM
    I have the same problem on my 9100 and nothing that the icon is there another way to configure bridge without opening the icon?
    11-28-11 04:23 PM
    I believe you need to be able to select the icon.

You can also try going to the rroyy.com site and find an older version. Good luck
    11-28-11 05:51 PM
    Thanks Guys. I'm also using the Pearl 9100 with OS 6 and version 1.0.6.5 worked and the icon is now showing. Your BlackBerry Home Page
    11-29-11 12:52 PM
    To the OP - I had this exact issue with the bridge and my 9100. I was originally running the supplied OS5 when the bridge icon disappeared, but it magically came back when I upgraded to OS6 (now on bundle 2474). Unfortunately, it's completely gone again. And yes - I've tried all the other solutions listed in the above posts with no success. I'm about to do a complete wipe of my phone and try to reload everything again (after doing a complete backup of course!). Unfortunately I'm a Mac user so don't have access to BBSAK without first tweaking other bits in the OS. Call me lazy, but I just don't want to have to do that - I just want my BB to work the way it should!
    12-12-11 10:57 PM
    I had the same problem with my 9900. I deleted the app, then reinstalled it. The icon reappeared and the app's working fine.
    Last edited by OneArseneWenger; 05-14-12 at 01:30 AM.
    05-14-12 01:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD