Successfully installed it the Bridge app last night, or so I thought, in anticipation of picking up my 32GB Playbook this weekend. My BB's set to auto reboot overnight at 3am so when I wake up this morning, I see that the BB startup logo and progress bar's on the display, thinking that it just got hung up during the scheduled reboot, I performed a battery pull and waited till the progress bar reached the end (all 13 minutes of my normal bootup time....I REALLY hate that), and up popped the WSOD (White Screen of Death), but before I could read it, it reboot again and the process started all over again.

With the BB Bridge app being the last thing that I installed, I connected it to my PC, fired up BBSAK and proceeded to erase all of the "net_rim_bridge_*" entries. After a reboot, I was then able to get to my BB's desktop and proceed with my day. Thinking that it could've been just a failed install of the Bridge app, I reinstalled it and this time went into the app's permissions and made sure that everything was set to "Allow". Since the app doesn't request a reboot after installation, I performed a battery pull and low and behold, it started it's endless reboot loop again.

Anyone else experiencing this problem with their Storm2?

Thanks
    04-20-11 04:07 PM
    Man, so I'm either the only Storm2 user that's installed the Bridge App or the only one that's having problems with it! Argh! I'll keep an eye on it to see when it gets updated and try again.
    04-21-11 09:00 AM
    Bridge app running fine on my Storm 2 9550. I am running a hybrid over the 1015 base OS. What OS are you running?
    04-21-11 09:27 AM
    I downloaded the bridge software to my 9550 while at Best Buy and successfully bridged with the demo Playbook. The process was a bit cumbersome but was able to complete it with my Storm 2 and it is running fine.

The Hankster
    04-21-11 09:28 AM
    No problems on my Storm2 either. I'm using a hybrid OS as well. You might want to try wiping and then reloading the OS.
    04-21-11 09:53 AM
    I was running a hybrid on my storm 2 and was able to install the bridge app fine but bridging wouldn't work with the PB. I had to wipe out my hybrid and install stock .1015 and then everything worked great
    04-21-11 10:27 AM
    Bridge app running fine on my Storm 2 9550. I am running a hybrid over the 1015 base OS. What OS are you running?
    Same setup and i've had no problems with bridge, except for a rouge message notification icon that chilled over night, but disappeared about an hr ago
    04-21-11 11:13 AM
    I was running a hybrid on my storm 2 and was able to install the bridge app fine but bridging wouldn't work with the PB. I had to wipe out my hybrid and install stock .1015 and then everything worked great
    I did the same and the bridge has been so far working great. The hybrid OS was crashing my bridge email.
    04-21-11 12:17 PM
    Man, so it sounds like I'm the only one LOL

I'm running the official 5.0.0.1015 Vzw OS.

I just tried it this morning and it started doing the reboot loop again! WTH!
    04-23-11 10:44 AM
    I am also running official 1015 with no issues. Sounds like you have some OS or app issues. A 13 minute boot time is not normal, even for a Storm 2. I would backup, wipe and reload a fresh OS and skip the restore. Just install App World and bridge and see if you get the same error.
    04-23-11 10:56 AM
    My Storm 2 handles it perfectly. I updated my Storm 2 system to latest official version about a week ago then downloaded bridge app on Mon with no issues. I did have to find a coffee shop with no password WiFi to get PB started, my only show stopper so far. Purchased my new PB new at 8AM Tue. Was up and running with both browsers in a couple of hours including drive time to five different WiFi sites. PB now working great with home WiFi and also Storm 2 bridge which is a measured 2/3 slower.
    04-23-11 11:12 AM
    Man, so it sounds like I'm the only one LOL

I'm running the official 5.0.0.1015 Vzw OS.

I just tried it this morning and it started doing the reboot loop again! WTH!
    my storm will not bridge after the first time out of the box. Tried lots of fixes described for 0s6. hasn't helped.
    04-28-11 03:26 PM
    Sorry about your trouble. I'm running 5.0.0.1015 official from Verizon and I have not had any problems with Bridge. Have you tried a complete wipe and re-install of the official OS? That's the only other thing I would know to try. You already have BBSAK, so you can probably handle a wipe and re-install.
    04-28-11 03:49 PM
    I randomly had problems where the playbook and storm 2 said it was bridged but non of the bridged icons would open. And the playbook didn't recognize under the bridge settings that a saved bridge connect ever existed. I had to in the long run remove the bridge app from my phone and re download and then repair everything and it has worked great since
    04-28-11 03:56 PM
    No problem here. Running my Verizon 9550 on OS 5.0.0.1015.
    04-28-11 04:29 PM
    It's up and running now. The problem wasn't with the Bridge app but with the OS overall, since other apps started hanging up my 9550 as well. OS wipe/reinstall and was able to install the Bridge without a problem. Now it's time to get get my Playbook! I wish that I could order it online from a site so that I could save on the tax LOL
    04-28-11 04:46 PM
    i am running hybrid 1015 and only issue is that the bridge collapses from time to time but seems pretty resilient in reconnecting. i am down to 68 mb on by bb. is memory a potential issue? just a thought.
    04-28-11 05:41 PM
    Mine is fine. I run the stock OS provided by Telus
    04-28-11 05:43 PM
    home of tax free shopping.

It's up and running now. The problem wasn't with the Bridge app but with the OS overall, since other apps started hanging up my 9550 as well. OS wipe/reinstall and was able to install the Bridge without a problem. Now it's time to get get my Playbook! I wish that I could order it online from a site so that I could save on the tax LOL
    04-28-11 05:51 PM
    i am running hybrid 1015 and only issue is that the bridge collapses from time to time but seems pretty resilient in reconnecting. i am down to 68 mb on by bb. is memory a potential issue? just a thought.
    I have over 20 apps intalled and have about 50mb free with the Bridge app installed.
    04-28-11 10:05 PM
    Bridge working fine so far on my Storm 2 damn it! How do I justify buying a 9850 now!!
    01-15-12 08:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD