I've updated the Playbook with the latest build (1.0.1.1690). Update worked fine.

I tap BlackBerry App World icon, and I get this message:
    "We cannot connect you to BlackBerry App World. Please ensure that your device is connected to the wireless network and try again."

I'm connected to the web via "Internet Tethering", using my BlackBerry Torch. The internet connection works fine.

Anyone else have this issue?

As a workaround, I tried downloading it on my PC, but when I log into App World, it only shows my Torch and says I can't download a PlayBook app as it's for the wrong device.

Anyone get this working??
    04-19-11 11:51 AM
    there appears to be some appworld issues right now earlier i was on no problem now all i see is a bubble background no matter how many restarts or what wifi im connected too
    04-20-11 02:18 AM
    I've updated the Playbook with the latest build (1.0.1.1690). Update worked fine.

I tap BlackBerry App World icon, and I get this message:
    "We cannot connect you to BlackBerry App World. Please ensure that your device is connected to the wireless network and try again."

I'm connected to the web via "Internet Tethering", using my BlackBerry Torch. The internet connection works fine.

Anyone else have this issue?

As a workaround, I tried downloading it on my PC, but when I log into App World, it only shows my Torch and says I can't download a PlayBook app as it's for the wrong device.

Anyone get this working??
    You can't use Appworld being tethered. You can only access appworld if you are on wifi.
    04-20-11 05:52 AM
    I've been having a similar problem as well. I've tried connecting to a few different access points and have been unable to actually get app world to show any installed apps or allow me to download any applications. I tried a factory reset and it still had the same issue.
    04-20-11 09:01 AM
    having same problem but I think mine has to do with my user id. had same prob with my bb and changed email and password. don't know how to do this on the playbook except for maybe bringing it back to factory settings, but I would lose the books I've downloaded? any ideas?
    04-20-11 09:09 AM
    Same issue here and I'm using WIFI. Tried at different WIFI spots also and still same problem. Tried the reset also and nothing. I can see the app world but cant download from it. Keeps getting an error stating cant communicate with App server.
    04-20-11 09:23 AM
    Same problem here over tethering. I think Appworld might be down. Maybe it couldn't handle the whopping 250 apps that were in there at launch.
    04-20-11 09:30 AM
    Interesting...when I was tethered to the PB I couldn't access app world from my phone. Then I ended tethering and app world opened fine.
    04-20-11 05:14 PM
    I got the same problem. Wiped the PB and nothing.
    04-21-11 10:53 AM
    Same here, when tethering all data is good except for App World, it won't let me connect... tried everything. Other than this issue I'm loving it!!!
    04-21-11 01:56 PM
    hey guys have the same problem can't connect to app world, through tethering. It really shouldn't madder it you are connected to wi-fi or phone, we should be able to connect , right, Can anybody can clear this up for us.

Thanks
    04-21-11 10:23 PM
    But what happens if your not around a wifi spot, you should be able to access App World via tethering...
    04-22-11 07:18 AM
    Ok AGAIN.... YOU CANNOT USE APPWORLD WHEN YOU ARE TETHERED!!!! Too much data!!! WIFI ONLY
    04-22-11 07:19 AM
    Ok AGAIN.... YOU CANNOT USE APPWORLD WHEN YOU ARE TETHERED!!!! Too much data!!! WIFI ONLY
    I saw your first reply with this... Is this confirmed by RIM or are you just saying that?
    04-22-11 09:19 AM
    I saw your first reply with this... Is this confirmed by RIM or are you just saying that?
    i remember Rim saying this awhile ago. just like you cant do the os update over tethering eithe. too much potential data usage
    04-22-11 09:30 AM
    hmmm, I hope your wrong. I mean you can stream, which uses tons of data too, guess we'll have to wait and see with updates.
    04-22-11 10:24 AM
    i have the same issue and im on wifi only
    04-22-11 07:40 PM
    hmmm, I hope your wrong. I mean you can stream, which uses tons of data too, guess we'll have to wait and see with updates.
    Seems strange. I'm having the same issue here. We can take the 200+MB update however we can't download a 2+MB app from app world.
    04-23-11 09:31 AM
    the original question was not about tethering my question is why do i get error messages when trying to acccess appworld on my new playbook? i still havent seen a resolution
    05-15-11 11:17 AM
    I also can not access app world even while connected via wifi, I have tried wifi networks which other playbooks are connected to and they are accessing app world.
    I notified blackberry technical support and opened and incident report, they sent me a replacement playbook and THE SAME ISSUE is occuring on this one!
    I have tried 3 different bb id's and no luck, app world is working fine on my torch and on my PC from which I can browse, download free or purchased apps without an issue.

Any ideas?
    05-17-11 06:10 PM
    On the phone with Blackberry tech support right now, they're looking at my playbook logs.
    He suggested clearing the app world cache (go into app world on the playbook and type rst in the search field).
    I tried this and still no luck, still the dreaded 'Blackberry app world is having trouble connecting to the blackberry app world server. Verify your network connections and try again.'
    05-17-11 06:27 PM
    I have the same question. It can view the apps but just cant download , also the appworld cant display what I have installed. I once wipe the pb but it doesnt work at all. wtf
    clearing the cache doesnt work , either
    05-17-11 09:36 PM
    also getting these issues in the caribbean and tried everything suggested short of wiping and still not working. RIM - any updates on this?
    05-21-11 08:59 AM
    No App World!! All I get is the bubble background and that is it. No apps showing. No search field. Without it I cant add or delete any apps!! Any ideas?
    05-21-11 01:21 PM
    No App World!! All I get is the bubble background and that is it. No apps showing. No search field. Without it I cant add or delete any apps!! Any ideas?
    I am having the same issue since last night when I tried to go to App World. Wonder if RIM is/was doing work on the server since nothing loads up at all.
    05-22-11 10:27 AM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD