Anyone else having problems buying apps? I keep trying and either get a message saying servers down.
    06-07-12 05:56 AM
    Error 0003-0005 or server down on my pb. Hopefully they'll fix it asap
    06-07-12 06:59 AM
    Have you tried rebooting the PB?

It worked for me...
    06-07-12 09:26 AM
    Something is definitely wrong with App World. I received notification for updates for two apps. But when App World is launched from the PlayBook, the new versions are not available for download.
    06-07-12 09:54 AM
    I think someone needs to reboot appworld server!
    06-07-12 01:04 PM
    Something is definitely wrong with App World. I received notification for updates for two apps. But when App World is launched from the PlayBook, the new versions are not available for download.
    RIM is working on this problem. You can either wait for them to complete the fix or you can delete the app and then restart the device. N.B. Do not do this if you can't live without the application data because you will lose it when you delete the app.

After the reboot, go to My World and find the app in the uninstalled list and re-install it. It will likely show the old version number but don't worry, the latest version will be downloaded and installed.
    06-07-12 02:26 PM
    ...."After the reboot, go to My World and find the app in the uninstalled list and re-install it. It will likely show the old version number but don't worry, the latest version will be downloaded and installed"

Not so in my case with WU1.5.4. Two in my house just got downgraded to 1.5.1. Am well Pi**ed off as am off to China on Sunday
    06-08-12 01:25 PM
    ...."After the reboot, go to My World and find the app in the uninstalled list and re-install it. It will likely show the old version number but don't worry, the latest version will be downloaded and installed"

Not so in my case with WU1.5.4. Two in my house just got downgraded to 1.5.1. Am well Pi**ed off as am off to China on Sunday
    Yes, now there is a new problem where people are actually getting downgraded. Can you side load? If so, PM me and we'll get an update to you via other means.
    06-08-12 08:28 PM
    Yes, now there is a new problem where people are actually getting downgraded. Can you side load? If so, PM me and we'll get an update to you via other means.
    Dunno if they all are... I deleted your app and re-installed it to try to prompt the upgrade. When I went to reload it app world SAID it was 1.5.1 but it actually installed 1.5.3.
    Can't seem to get the upgrade here. Stellarium has been giving me the same problem but yesterday the upgrade came through to my device at last.

Edit: ok forget what I just said did another uninstall/reboot/reload and this time it showed as 1.5.4 as the ver in my uninstalled list, but when I reinstalled it I got 1.5.1 lol.
    Last edited by DD1968; 06-09-12 at 01:17 AM.
    06-09-12 12:46 AM
    Dunno if they all are... I deleted your app and re-installed it to try to prompt the upgrade. When I went to reload it app world SAID it was 1.5.1 but it actually installed 1.5.3.
    Can't seem to get the upgrade here. Stellarium has been giving me the same problem but yesterday the upgrade came through to my device at last.

Edit: ok forget what I just said did another uninstall/reboot/reload and this time it showed as 1.5.4 as the ver in my uninstalled list, but when I reinstalled it I got 1.5.1 lol.
    See this thread in the developer forum: Download wrong version - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

RIM thinks that the problem is not widespread and may be related to how specific BBID's are configured. They are asking for the BBID's of affected people so that they can investigate further. Please send me a PM if you are a victim of this bug and you would like to participate in the resolution. Thanks.
    06-09-12 12:52 PM
    Hi
    I am having problems login into app world. When I get in and try to select MY APP World I can sometime get in but when I do I cannot view any of my apps on my Blackberry torch or playbook. Everytime I select the device it asks me to log in again. When I try it says server error. This happens from my laptop and work PC.
    I have recently bought a new playbook (64gb) and want to download my apps from the old one to it via online app world as i am unable to back up my old playbook because the mini usb port on the playbook is defective and you cannot do this without it.

Any suggestions would be welcome

cheers
    12-28-12 12:36 AM
    Yeah I too have problems in downloading apps. But another problem I am facing from quite a long time is my BB phone is restarting frequently.
    12-28-12 02:20 AM
    Hi

I am using BlackBerry Torch 9800. Was fine in the first few months but later on the Apps World icon suddenly dissapear but i still could search to download applications or upgrade or remove applications. Later on suddenly my Apps World is totally gone, my bbm mesenger was not working plus bluetooth went caput .. so i rebooted my phone, the bbm ok bluetooth works but my application i used particularly whatsupp was said to be outdated. so i tried to upgrade it and the only way is by using apps world. Its gone , but I was able to download via browser/internet and got it but it failed to run. What should I do? I need the Whatsupp to communicate other than bbm messenger. Not everyone of my contact uses BBM.

Please help..anybody?
    01-27-13 08:29 AM
    Greetings from germany!

This is my first post here, and unfortunately I must start with a problem. The app world search function is far from being useful at the moment. Recently I looked for a compass app and entered ”compass“ as the search string and found nothing. Then I typed the german word ”Kompass“ and found the app ”Compass“…quite strange. Entering the name of the developer, I found all his apps. In addition, I can't find apps any more that I definitely found before, e.g SimpleBrowser and Crackberry Forum app. My assumption and my hope is, that RIM are working on their app world.
    01-27-13 11:27 AM
    I am experiencing the same problem, my guess is that it has to do with the update to blackberry world for the playbook, to find the app you want search for it in the browser, for example search "compass app world" youll find it and youll get redirected to appworld.
    Beayve likes this.
    01-27-13 12:22 PM
    I am experiencing the same problem, my guess is that it has to do with the update to blackberry world for the playbook, to find the app you want search for it in the browser, for example search "compass app world" youll find it and youll get redirected to appworld.
    Thx, works great! Hope things will be better with new bb world and bbos10...
    01-27-13 03:30 PM
    Same here. I am from Vienna, Austria and the search results in App World are very poor lately. Most of the time I cannot find a single app even if I enter the correct name. Although - as Beayve pointed out - if I enter the developer's name it will return search results of all the available apps. I experiencing this problem for a week now and it's really annoying. That's a huge problem for developers and also for RIM. There is no money to be made if people won't find any apps. Even if there is going to be an update to blackberry world: noone knows when this update will arrive and till then this situation is not acceptable. Isn't RIM aware of this?
    01-28-13 04:20 AM
    Hi,

I bought MeterBe 2.6.2 app using my 9900 thru App World on 2014-05-16. However, I got a license key which the app doesn't accept. Obviously, I've not been able to make use of it.
    From here I assume that probably this license key matches my previous BB 9700's PIN.

Shall be very obliged if any of you enlighten me on how I can update my PIN (with the one in the current BB 9900) in my App World account, so that App World will issue me a new activation code, and hopefully begin using it.
    06-02-14 10:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD