Hey guys, don't really know if I am placing this thread in the correct place or not but oh well. I have just tried to purchase an app, dead space, but i keep getting an error 13000 when trying to purchase it. It is definitely not a credit card problem and I have tried buying another app but I also got the same error. Anyone can help me with that? [Yes i did re enter my credit card credentials on my PC and waited for a few hours]
    08-27-11 09:23 AM
    What country are you located in? There are apparently different versions from what I've read.
    08-27-11 09:55 AM
    O__O seriously? Well I'm in singapore.
    08-27-11 11:30 AM
    I get this too! I am not in the US right now... in the Caribbean
    08-27-11 11:38 AM
    ive managed to tackle this.. used to having the error 9300 payment with paypal. its the currency conversion issue.. the app world will show the price in local currency whereas the backend engine for the appworld cant convert the currency as it should be.

the work around for now is u hv to connect ur network with US proxy, the appworld will detect u log in from US then the currency for the apps will be in usd, which the payment will go through smoothly.

ive managed to buy the dead space this way

for ur convenience, i use this proxy address : 209.118.181.133 port 3128.

good luck!
    08-27-11 11:57 AM
    how would you do that on the playbook? .__. or do i have to do it on my PC? .__.
    08-28-11 12:41 AM
    To prebetsabu, I'm really desperate to buy games and applications... I want to help RIM and their developers but it seems that they cannot help me to help them... so, if you don't mind, can you PM to me of how to do the "walk-around" in PlayBook to change my network with US proxy? Thanks in advance...
    08-28-11 06:16 AM
    Hi all

Sorry these days I'm very bz.. Is festive aidilfitri season for me

Yes, u should do the settings in ur pb.

Go to option - wifi - choose saved wifi (pb is not with me now, I assume its not the correct menu, but u should finf it there ) then choose ur acces point that u r using to connect to wifi. Then choose http proxy, input the proxy's ip n port given earlier, then choose save n conncet

Once connected, u should be connected to ur wifi and ur request will be redirected thru the us proxy.

Open appworld, seach for ur apps, the price should be displayed in usd now if the proxy line is ok. Note that ur connection will be very slow hence u r being redirected to the proxy in us.

Now u can purchase. Once payment done, u will downloading the apps. U can now disconnect ur wifi, and delete the http proxy setting, and reconnect using normal wifi connection, and resume the download with ur normal speed.

If u get lost, pm me and I'm happy to help fellow playbookers ill give u my pin for bbm.

Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    joshua_sx1 and mattering like this.
    08-28-11 07:02 AM
    seems like the proxy server you listed went down :P. Tried another US proxy server and went into App world where by they are showing me US prices now but I still get the error ):
    08-28-11 05:57 PM
    Hey guys, don't really know if I am placing this thread in the correct place or not but oh well. I have just tried to purchase an app, dead space, but i keep getting an error 13000 when trying to purchase it. It is definitely not a credit card problem and I have tried buying another app but I also got the same error. Anyone can help me with that? [Yes i did re enter my credit card credentials on my PC and waited for a few hours]
    I experienced the same issue with BlackBerry AppWorld this week on both my BlackBerry PlayBook and BlackBerry Bold 9780. I tried a few days later and it worked as expected. I surmise there was a problem on the BlackBerry AppWorld side of the previous transactions. At least my credit card / PayPal account was not billed during the failed attempts to make a purchase.
    08-28-11 06:45 PM
    Hi, seems like a lot of people are having this error including me. I will post a workaround which I think might work. Just seach for it in a few minutes.
    09-27-11 01:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD