We just released Big Mountain Snowboarding as the first 3D snowboarding game on the Playbook. 12 huge maps with tilt controls and tricks. It's also a native port running at a full 60fps. Please check it out!

The maps are all slightly different challenges. On some maps the score is mostly time and just rushing down as fast as you can. Others are trick score maps. Some are slalom gates, and others are a combination of the 3. There are usually several ways down each hill.

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...07726/?lang=en

This is a paid app launching at $3.99.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SJt5TiBqh_A[/YT]
    Last edited by GoldenHammer; 04-28-12 at 01:41 PM. Reason: added a vid
    Marty_LK, dimm0k, darktoy and 1 others like this.
    04-28-12 11:31 AM
    Native app or Android convert?
    04-28-12 11:58 AM
    It's a native app. We have versions out for Android and iOS but this isn't just a repackaging.
    itwascasper and Marty_LK like this.
    04-28-12 12:03 PM
    It's a native app. We have versions out for Android and iOS but this isn't just a repackaging.
    Appreciate you, as a dev, supporting the best tablet on the market. The only thing keeping the PB from realizing its proper place in the ecosystem are apps. It needs more apps; more high-profile apps.
    04-28-12 12:17 PM
    Blackberry is doing all the right things to get the game developers on board. The port took us about two weeks to get right but now all our games will show up. We're working on finishing up our highly rated but barely known puzzle game Scribble Worm now.

Two things to note about snowboarding:
    1) We're more on the racing side than the trick side. Our tricks are spin and grab, and most importantly land straight!
    2) It's touch the screen to tuck. You want to be touching the screen most of the time. I want to release an update where this is an option on whether it is touch to tuck or touch to stand. Some people miss this part and end up thinking the game is slow. We've released over 30 patches so far for other platforms.
    Marty_LK and darktoy like this.
    04-28-12 12:28 PM
    Blackberry is doing all the right things to get the game developers on board. The port took us about two weeks to get right but now all our games will show up. We're working on finishing up our highly rated but barely known puzzle game Scribble Worm now.

Two things to note about snowboarding:
    1) We're more on the racing side than the trick side. Our tricks are spin and grab, and most importantly land straight!
    2) It's touch the screen to tuck. You want to be touching the screen most of the time. I want to release an update where this is an option on whether it is touch to tuck or touch to stand. Some people miss this part and end up thinking the game is slow. We've released over 30 patches so far for other platforms.
    As it turns out, I'm not much of a "trick" gamer. I'm more on the side of racing.
    04-28-12 12:35 PM
    This is a paid app launching at $3.99.
    Since it's a paid app with no demo avail, can you provide at least a youtube video showing it? Not some old android video - but a showoff for the Playbook version..

thanx
    04-28-12 12:41 PM
    I wish I had waited a few minutes before buying it. I paid $4 and it is now listed as $3 in "New Arrivals".
    04-28-12 12:44 PM
    I wish I had waited a few minutes before buying it. I paid $4 and it is now listed as $3 in "New Arrivals".
    Send mail to appworldbilling@rim.com and ask for refund, then you can purchase again to the new price...
    Marty_LK likes this.
    04-28-12 12:45 PM
    The store is being a little confused on the pricing across its servers. It's $3.99.

I can try to get video off the playbook but it will take me a little bit to get set up. In the meantime, here's an old iPad vid :P . I'll get a Playbook video up asap.
    Marty_LK likes this.
    04-28-12 12:47 PM
    I embedded a vid of a camera pointed at a playbook in the original post. It's not easy to record high quality video of the screen, but it gives you an idea of the framerate, the map size, and the general gameplay.
    04-28-12 01:42 PM
    Are you planing on porting over your soon to release trick shot bowling please answer back!
    04-28-12 04:05 PM
    Are you planing on porting over your soon to release trick shot bowling please answer back!
    Absolutely! Though the soon part is relative. We still have a lot of work to do on that game and there are only two of us. It's in that seemingly endless "finishing up" stage of the project.
    Marty_LK and CptArm3D like this.
    04-28-12 04:13 PM
    One more question is it possible that it could be online or at least have scoreloop support on to it so you can at least communicate with somebody (like add leaderboards and cross platform play) also if this isn't big enough can you add like a system in witch you can earn and buy bowling Balls of unique ability! But hey this is just mine dream bowling game?!

Edit:Are you also going to release overpowered I'll be interested to buy these three games after I figure out what you even do in overpower? P.s can you make a shooting game with those graphics I'm sure you can make a awesome shooter just use the game called Bullet Time powered by Unity and it's pretty awesome even with graphics like that!
    Last edited by CptArm3D; 04-28-12 at 04:51 PM.
    04-28-12 04:35 PM
    One more question is it possible that it could be online or at least have scoreloop support on to it so you can at least communicate with somebody (like add leaderboards and cross platform play) also if this isn't big enough can you add like a system in witch you can earn and buy bowling Balls of unique ability! But hey this is just mine dream bowling game?!
    It will at least have unlocking bowling balls and alleys. That's part of the reason it's taking so long. I can't really say if we'll have multiplayer on Blackberry yet. Like I said it's a ways off. Right now we have to finish up our Scribble Worm port, and watch snowboarding to see if we should do a quick patch.

Scoreloop high scores are something we can add to all our games if it's a popular thing on Playbook. Is that something Blackberry owners like? People didn't seem to care about our OpenFeint lists when we had them so we took them out when they started changing interfaces around on us.
    04-28-12 04:54 PM
    Edit:Are you also going to release overpowered I'll be interested to buy these three games after I figure out what you even do in overpower? P.s can you make a shooting game with those graphics I'm sure you can make a awesome shooter just use the game called Bullet Time powered by Unity and it's pretty awesome even with graphics like that!
    OverPowered! (exclamation point is part of the name!) has been in development for about 2 years, and it's not anywhere near finished yet. It's a dual stick shooter with special attacks. Anything we release going forward should end up on Playbook and Blackberry 10 phones though now that the hard work of porting our engine is done. Thanks for taking an interest in our other games!
    04-28-12 04:58 PM
    Wow thanks for the response I'm sure your game well become number 1 in app world soon!
    And yes playbook owners love the extra stuff, see we haven't been getting lots of good games and such and that's a big bummer and we love to actually have something exclusive to the playbook community see like games from rovio were the last ones to get there games and we have to begin to our knees just to get a stupid planet when it's already there for all other platforms without asking or needing a update!!!!!!
    04-28-12 05:19 PM
    I am seeing the game for $3.99 in AppWorld. I will have to try again tomorrow.

Cheers, Chris
    04-28-12 07:41 PM
    I am seeing the game for $3.99 in AppWorld. I will have to try again tomorrow.

Cheers, Chris
    $3.99 is where we set the price. I wouldn't expect it to go down tomorrow.
    04-28-12 07:43 PM
    We're working on a patch with 4 new maps, a fix for the screen going to sleep when not tucking, some camera fixes, and whatever else we feel like throwing in there.
    05-09-12 03:08 PM
    1.1 Patch is now live with:
    * 4 new maps!
    * Fixed some jump camera problems on steep slopes.
    * Fixed some animation glitches.
    * Fixed the device going to sleep when not touching the screen.

You guys actually got the patch before any other platforms this time.
    Akuji_ism likes this.
    05-14-12 09:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD