Go check out EA's The Game of Life on App World. It says it's $3.99 on the Featured page and when you go into the app page, it's $6.99.

This is obviously something very fetal instead of a typo. How can this happen?
    02-17-12 09:47 AM
    Send the e-mail to RIM appworld support.
    02-17-12 09:56 AM
    Looks like they have fixed it on the Feature page.
    02-17-12 10:59 AM
    Looks like they have fixed it on the Feature page.
    Actually, there is a longstanding problem in App World caused by slow synchronization of various RIM servers. When a developer makes any change to an app (whether it be description, price or anything else) there is a period of time when some servers display the old information and others display the new. I am told that when you actually make a purchase, you will always be paying the correct (i.e. the most recent) price.
    02-17-12 11:10 AM
    I made a purchase on one of the Gameloft games that went on sale awhile back, and the sale price was not reflecting on the final step of the checkout, however I didn't notice till I got my email confirmation and saw I was charged full price. I emailed RIM and they were quick to send me a refund of the difference.

But yes, it is a major bug and they need to fix it ASAP. I'm sure it's keeping their support team busy issuing refunds. And there are a lot of cranky people complaining about it on twitter.
    02-17-12 11:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD