Since these posts sometimes seem like wishlists I hope an audio bible app becomes available. Android does have one maybe more so I am hoping that becomes available soon. I have been using the Bible Reader app and it works ok. My fingers are big and it is hard to scroll through the book/chapter/verse icon without overshooting the mark or just having to do it very slowly. Tried to keep up at fellowship using my PB for a reader and I would get to the verse about the time the next one was announced. It was catchup but I proved to myself Icould use the app in a pinch. I like the larger script to, I wear glasses and they seem to be getting a little weak for up close stuff these days!
    10-17-11 07:23 AM
    Since these posts sometimes seem like wishlists I hope an audio bible app becomes available. Android does have one maybe more so I am hoping that becomes available soon. I have been using the Bible Reader app and it works ok. My fingers are big and it is hard to scroll through the book/chapter/verse icon without overshooting the mark or just having to do it very slowly. Tried to keep up at fellowship using my PB for a reader and I would get to the verse about the time the next one was announced. It was catchup but I proved to myself Icould use the app in a pinch. I like the larger script to, I wear glasses and they seem to be getting a little weak for up close stuff these days!
    Trying not to be too self promoting, but e-Mmanuel+ has a quick select menu to get to the right book/chapter much more quickly. I added this feature, because like you, I couldn't keep up with bible studies or sermons, and you know it's not good when you lose on a PB to paper flippers The app also has multiple size fonts.

As for audio, Audio Bibles by Faith Comes By Hearing - Audio Bible MP3 - Hosanna works through the PB browser. I know, not exactly a nice clean app, but it does work.
    PTZ likes this.
    10-17-11 08:00 AM
    Thanks for the response.
    Emanual sounds like the ticket for me. May try the audio one too. I am sure it is alot of work to make these apps and there has to be some reward at the end for compensation. I hope you receive back in every way for your efforts.
    PeterZ
    jetstreamblue likes this.
    10-17-11 06:03 PM
    Bought e-mmaneul and took a look. Is it just me or is it very stubborn to respond. I clicked on Notes .. and waited ... and then went back to the verse .. and waited. Very strange.

Acro Bible is the best I have seen on tablets. It is an Android app (don't know about IOS). Hoping very much we can get this through the Android player. I think it runs rings around E-Mmanuel.
    Good news, I think I made a breakthrough in improving app performance for e-Mmanuel+. Basically, I've been able to reduce very substantially the time it takes to load passages. Psalm 119 (longest book in the bible for reference) used to take >10 seconds to load, I've managed to get it down to less than 2 seconds!
    I'll be loading an update to AppWorld as soon as I test and make sure all is good. Look for version 2.4.x soon! (And it will contain some other goodies as well )
    ericrangel76 likes this.
    10-17-11 08:11 PM
    I teach research methods at a Bible school locally, and this morning I was demonstrating for the class how I am using the dated "Notes" feature to organize scriptures for use in class, and also the awesome feature of the Prayer Log that allows me to link a prayer to a specific bible passage.
    When I told them how much the app cost, and which translations are in there so far, they were amazed and all agreed that it was a great deal.

I don't know if any of the students will buy Playbooks as a result of my demo, but hopefully this encourages a few PB owners to give e-Mmanuel+ a try.
    4wheel and jetstreamblue like this.
    10-19-11 02:47 PM
    e-Mmanuel+ 2.4.6 has been approved and available for download now from App World.

In addition to the performance improvement I mentioned in my previous post, this release also adds:
    - five different font sizes (instead of 3)
    - 8 different fonts to choose from
    - swipe gestures (swipe left/right) to go prev/next chapter
    - switch to turn off copy/paste function (some find it annoying for the selection handles to show up whenever they touch the screen)

Thanks for everyone's support and be sure to let me know if there are issues! (Also, please review if you haven't already )
    ericrangel76 likes this.
    10-20-11 08:30 AM
    e-Mmanuel+ 2.4.6 has been approved and available for download now from App World.

In addition to the performance improvement I mentioned in my previous post, this release also adds:
    - five different font sizes (instead of 3)
    - 8 different fonts to choose from
    - swipe gestures (swipe left/right) to go prev/next chapter
    - switch to turn off copy/paste function (some find it annoying for the selection handles to show up whenever they touch the screen)

Thanks for everyone's support and be sure to let me know if there are issues! (Also, please review if you haven't already )
    Thanks for the update it really makes a difference. I unfortunately lost my profile when I updated to the OS2 beta, but it's much faster now which certainly helps. I'm a Chaplain in Aged Care and having the ability to find what I'm looking for quickly has made my work much easier.
    10-20-11 07:21 PM
    i cant install after last update please help
    i got an error
    10-26-11 09:38 AM
    e-Mmanuel is working pretty well for me.
    10-26-11 09:48 AM
    i cant install after last update please help
    i got an error
    Sorry, please see thread http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...-sorry-664413/
    10-26-11 09:55 AM
    I read about your woes. Wouldn't it be great if RIM would let us control when new versions are posted in App World ?- also would be good to be able to revert to a previous version. But I don't suppose items 92,098 and 92,099 on RIM's to-do list have a very high priority.
    10-26-11 10:20 AM
    I read about your woes. Wouldn't it be great if RIM would let us control when new versions are posted in App World ?- also would be good to be able to revert to a previous version. But I don't suppose items 92,098 and 92,099 on RIM's to-do list have a very high priority.
    Let me just say App World vendor portal has been absolutely frustrating to me these past 2 days.
    - No way to delete approved versions.
    - No way to stop review of versions already submitted but not approved yet.
    - No way to edit your app description, if you already changed your app description but it hasn't been approved yet (which seems to take longer than app reviews... see next point).
    - Seemingly no actual testing of your app, despite it taking time to pass through review (if it doesn't even load on people's devices, it really should be caught...)
    - No way to synchronize when your new app version and new description are released, they are forever out of sync.

And on top of that, it now consistently times out when I try to upload files from home on my DSL connection. I have to use my work's T1 connection to get it on there fast enough. It's only a 22MB file, what do people with bigger apps do?
    10-26-11 12:00 PM
    Let me just say App World vendor portal has been absolutely frustrating to me these past 2 days.
    - No way to edit your app description, if you already changed your app description but it hasn't been approved yet (which seems to take longer than app reviews... see next point).
    - Seemingly no actual testing of your app, despite it taking time to pass through review (if it doesn't even load on people's devices, it really should be caught...)
    - No way to synchronize when your new app version and new description are released, they are forever out of sync.

And on top of that, it now consistently times out when I try to upload files from home on my DSL connection. I have to use my work's T1 connection to get it on there fast enough. It's only a 22MB file, what do people with bigger apps do?
    And there's more: we can't send a broadcast message to all of our users when things get totally wonked and we would like to tell them about it. For sure, CB is a great place filled with great people, but the majority of App World users don't come here to get themselves informed.
    10-26-11 12:58 PM

One thing you may try is to send a PM to this RIM gentleman: rhearty.
    He is on the Developer Support Forums.
    About rhearty - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

I saw a post by another developer on the dev forums requesting to deny a release version. So I sent him a PM and he was able to deny the app release version that I did not want to get out. This was back in April...

Good luck.
    10-26-11 01:14 PM
    And there's more: we can't send a broadcast message to all of our users when things get totally wonked and we would like to tell them about it. For sure, CB is a great place filled with great people, but the majority of App World users don't come here to get themselves informed.
    That feature would be super useful for devs! Unfortunately, I have a feeling they won't ever implement that because no doubt some devs would abuse it and send spam.

I'd be happy if they just let you put a public status message on your App World page, without waiting for every word we type to be reviewed and released 3 days later.
    10-26-11 01:48 PM
    One thing you may try is to send a PM to this RIM gentleman: rhearty.
    He is on the Developer Support Forums.
    About rhearty - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

I saw a post by another developer on the dev forums requesting to deny a release version. So I sent him a PM and he was able to deny the app release version that I did not want to get out. This was back in April...

Good luck.
    It worked! rhearty came through for me, not only did he delete my bad 2.4.9, he pushed through and approved 2.4.10 immediately! Thanks!
    10-26-11 02:15 PM
    It worked! rhearty came through for me, not only did he delete my bad 2.4.9, he pushed through and approved 2.4.10 immediately! Thanks!
    Awesome!
    Glad he came through for you!
    10-26-11 03:37 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD