Glad to have seen this thread, didn't realize that BeWeather was an Android app. Personally I wouldn't buy an Android app for 99 cents, only will support native. It does look nice though, I just wish they put their time and money into making it native (even if not all features could be implemented right then and has to wait for updates to the OS), rather than wasting it on making an Android app work for PlayBook.

I think once BB10 is out there will be more apps and more weather apps. To be honest, I would probably go with another because the $5 for an Android port kinda leaves a bad taste in my mouth. As an average consumer, not a developer, they are selling a port.
    04-16-12 12:58 AM
    Android app? I am not touching it then. It will screw up my PlayBook.
    BTW, how can one be sure an app on Appworld is not an android app?
    04-16-12 04:36 AM
    hmm,,,then those that do not want to run Droid apps will be sitting there looking at a blank screen.

Right now three of my most uesed apps on the PB are Droid.

BeWeather
    Remote VNC Pro (blows the doors off the native RD crapapps)
    Pykl3 Radar

Without these I would sell the PB. I bought for chasing storms and there is nothing in the way of native PB apps that do what these Droid apps do.

BeWeather has stablized, both via their new version of the app and the recent OS upgrade.

Its you PB, do as you wish.

I'll just be doing more with mine.

Tim

PS, with the latest OS most of the Droid player issues are gone. Try it, you might like it.

Or not..
    04-25-12 11:24 AM
    hmm,,,then those that do not want to run Droid apps will be sitting there looking at a blank screen.

Right now three of my most uesed apps on the PB are Droid.

BeWeather
    Remote VNC Pro (blows the doors off the native RD crapapps)
    Pykl3 Radar

Without these I would sell the PB. I bought for chasing storms and there is nothing in the way of native PB apps that do what these Droid apps do.

BeWeather has stablized, both via their new version of the app and the recent OS upgrade.

Its you PB, do as you wish.

I'll just be doing more with mine.

Tim

PS, with the latest OS most of the Droid player issues are gone. Try it, you might like it.

Or not..
    The PlayBook does more than those 3 Android apps to keep me from looking at a "blank" screen.....and if I need those 3 apps for PlayBook pleasure, then something is definitely wrong
    04-25-12 12:31 PM
79 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD