So the "Presentation To Go" part of Docs To Go is decent enough. But my problem with it is it doesn't display some stuff quite right. For example, What should look like this:

instead looks like this:

Hopefully you can see the obvious problems here. I am trying to use my PB to follow along with powerpoints in some lectures, and this makes it a bit less useful.

Are there any better powerpoint apps, preferably that I don't have to pay for? (I tried the free version of SmartOffice, and from what I could see it seemed to display things properly, but I won't pay 10 just for this (I'm sure there are other benefits to that suite, but it's too much for me to pay when this is all I really need from it). It would also be nice if I could add/edit notes associated with the slides in the app, but that's not completely necessary.
    10-18-12 02:46 PM
    I had some similar problems with the powerpoint app. To make my own life less stressful I downloaded the PDF converter that's available for free. This way I never have to worry about rendering.
    10-18-12 11:25 PM
    Interesting, may do that. With qPDF Note I can then annotate as well.

For the time being, I realised that I have WiFi access in my lectures, so I can use the PowerPoint Web App which seems to work OK (although it's a little slow to render and doesn't fit the whole slide on screen). I also sideloaded the Android version of SmartOffice Document Viewer, which is a bit better but still not quite right (it displays the brackets correctly, but not the dots above letters indicating the second differential e.g. the u in the above example) But that is good advice, thanks.
    10-19-12 05:27 AM
    Here's a great solution that I just started using. Check out ispringconverter

I found it when I was searching for a way to get animated powerpoints working on the PB as docs to go can't handle it.

Ispring converts the powerpoint into html5 which can then be viewed in the browser-- some great abilities to still keep slide effects and also allows navigation so you can do proper presentations.

Works great--but you do have to buy the software (not cheap at $99).

For me it will work well as I do a lot of presenting.
    10-19-12 07:04 AM
    Well, as you say, there is Smart Office that you don't want to buy... You should have mentioned "free" in your title.
    10-19-12 09:04 AM
    Here's a great solution that I just started using. Check out ispringconverter

I found it when I was searching for a way to get animated powerpoints working on the PB as docs to go can't handle it.

Ispring converts the powerpoint into html5 which can then be viewed in the browser-- some great abilities to still keep slide effects and also allows navigation so you can do proper presentations.

Works great--but you do have to buy the software (not cheap at $99).

For me it will work well as I do a lot of presenting.
    I wasn't willing to pay 10 for Smart Office, I'm hardly going to pay $99 for this.

Well, as you say, there is Smart Office that you don't want to buy... You should have mentioned "free" in your title.
    It doesn't have to be free, I'd be willing to pay a few pounds for it. Just not 10 for this one small task.
    10-19-12 10:31 AM