They made an OS 2.0 product page and if you read it it says...

"Plug in to BlackBerry App WorldTM and read, write and game like never before. With thousands of apps for every use, you’ll never run out of new and exciting options. Pick up Angry Birds or Cut the Rope, read the latest magazines, or connect online with Facebook and Twitter apps. With access to Kobo and Kindle, you can enjoy new late night reading without ever leaving your living room."

What do you think, is BestBuy right for once?
    Last edited by r0v3rT3N; 02-17-12 at 06:00 AM.
    02-17-12 05:44 AM
    ...a girl can dream
    02-17-12 05:58 AM
    I run the Android Kindle app on my OS2 beta almost every day.
    02-17-12 06:02 AM
    I run the Android Kindle app on my OS2 beta almost every day.
    They seem to think that it is coming legitimately to the PlayBook, no side-loading...
    02-17-12 06:13 AM
    as much as id like to see your dreams come true, it doesnt say anything about the kindle app. i use kindle everyday on my pb through the browser which is just adequate compared to a true app, and that,s all they may be talking about. hopefully we will be able to load the kindle android app by next week but ive learned to keep my PB dreams modest.
    (written on my playbook without autocorrect)
    02-17-12 06:25 AM
    as much as id like to see your dreams come true, it doesnt say anything about the kindle app. i use kindle everyday on my pb through the browser which is just adequate compared to a true app, and that,s all they may be talking about. hopefully we will be able to load the kindle android app by next week but ive learned to keep my PB dreams modest.
    (written on my playbook without autocorrect)
    The article states "Plug in to BlackBerry App WorldTM and read, write and game like never before. With thousands of apps for every use, you�ll never run out of new and exciting options. Pick up Angry Birds or Cut the Rope, read the latest magazines, or connect online with Facebook and Twitter apps. With access to Kobo and Kindle, you can enjoy new late night reading without ever leaving your living room."
    02-17-12 06:32 AM
    I hope a new twitter and Kindle app are coming, but I can't believe anything BestBuy says anymore.
    02-17-12 06:32 AM
    using tweetcaster and kindle on OS2 beta. Probably its those apps they are claiming
    02-17-12 06:33 AM
    What do you think, is BestBuy right for once?
    Well, I don't know if this is called playing the devil's advocate but....

We already have a twitter app (albeit not the best one but it does do it. Virtual Contact). I'm sure out of those 1600+ new apps that have been submitted there must be at least one more Twitter app. So when they say "or connect online with Facebook and Twitter apps.", they are correct.

I'm hoping to see SocialScope put an app in.
    02-17-12 06:35 AM
    Hopefully they see the market in PlayBook and make apps because we are obtaining a LOT of apps!
    02-17-12 06:36 AM
    Over the years, I've learned to take anything that BestBuy says, prints, or suggest with a "grain of salt". They just haven't been the most truthful business when it comes to Blackberry products.
    02-17-12 06:42 AM
    Over the years, I've learned to take anything that BestBuy says, prints, or suggest with a "grain of salt". They just haven't been the most truthful business when it comes to Blackberry products.
    I know this from PlayBook release...
    02-17-12 07:03 AM
    Some if not all of this marketing is coming from RIM. The 'Kindle' references were noted in recent UK advertising as well (not Best Buy). Twitter as we know will be integrated in the unified inbox (ability to receive DM's or send DM's I remember one RIM employee specifically mentioned in a video that @ mentions were not a part of that functionality). We know you can add Twitter as an account so you can pull info from other people's accounts - to have updates for the 'People-Centric' Calendar when viewing a contact or someone you'll be meeting with.

So RIM has their own hooks into Twitter - though we'll have to see what it is they actually mean in this advertising later this month...
    02-17-12 07:11 AM
    Considering that a simple Twitter app could probably be implemented - from scratch - in a only about a thousand lines of code, porting Twitter to PB is perfectly inevitable.
    02-17-12 07:32 AM
    I actually emailed Alex Saunders asking if there would be a Kindle app released in OS 2.0 either Playbook Dedicated or ported from Android, and his response was:

Alec Saunders
    11:17 AM

I haven't seen it. But we are working with many vendors, and Amazon
    is one.

Do you know about http://read.amazon.com? It's an HTML5 version of
    Kindle. Works pretty well on PlayBook.

--
    Alec Saunders
    VP Developer Relations, QNX / RIM | 613-668-3222 | @asaunders
    <http://www.twitter.com/asaunders> | about me
    <http://about.me/alec.saunders>
    Last edited by mhinc; 02-17-12 at 07:45 AM.
    craigs likes this.
    02-17-12 07:41 AM
    The article states "Plug in to BlackBerry App WorldTM and read, write and game like never before. With thousands of apps for every use, you�ll never run out of new and exciting options. Pick up Angry Birds or Cut the Rope, read the latest magazines, or connect online with Facebook and Twitter apps. With access to Kobo and Kindle, you can enjoy new late night reading without ever leaving your living room."
    you are right.. i read it and it does say all that,if he doesnt believe you thats his problem not yours.people here seems to be very negative about what playbook can do!! sometime i get caught in that feeling of doubt over the playbook, what relax me a bit is knowing this tablet have the power and potencial to be the best tablet on the market(already is the best when we talk about HD video quality and multitaskin) RIM just need to unleash the beast of playbook and allow the 100% of functionality of this tablet... please tweak all you need to tweak but do it soon RIM!!!
    02-17-12 07:55 AM
    ...a girl can dream
    . . . so can a guy.
    02-17-12 07:59 AM

Do you know about http://read.amazon.com? It's an HTML5 version of
    Kindle. Works pretty well on PlayBook.
    I am humored of the fact that this cloud reader does not support IE. Too funny!
    02-17-12 08:18 AM
    Does Cloud Reader work for you guys? It's FAIL city here. Maybe my PB needs a hard reset...
    02-17-12 11:46 AM
    we already have Kobo and Twitter apps. kindle is in process. coming soon... so they are not far off....
    02-17-12 12:09 PM
    Does Cloud Reader work for you guys? It's FAIL city here. Maybe my PB needs a hard reset...
    Yes, works fine except its slow... kinda irritating. Too many spinning circles while pages are being "accessed". And though I have "downloaded" a few books, they arent really there for me offline unless i first open the cloud while online before im offline or whatever. Weird.

So its useable as an alternative until a full kindle app is out. Thats my best description.
    02-17-12 01:13 PM
    The more key eReaders that make it to our BB PB, the better. Kindle included. Hope it happens.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    02-17-12 09:50 PM
    As expected, the Kindle app continues to be the stuff of dreams. Hate to burst your bubble but you can't really be surprised that the Bestbuy ad has now deleted the reference to a Kindle app.There's a difference between being negative and being realistic, especially a year and a half after Amazon promised a playbook app.
    Given the limitations of Kindle cloud reader, maybe we'll be able to use the android app on os2, but I'm not holding my breath for this one.
    02-18-12 08:04 AM
    "with Facebook and Twitter apps"

The kindles probably a far stretch of the truth but the twitter part is a 100% accurate because Blaq is a twitter app.
    02-18-12 10:43 AM
    "KINDLE" has been removed from that page.

Original and new page shown below:
    02-18-12 11:16 AM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD