Hi,

Does anyone know of a Video Player for the PB for .MTS file format. Or can someone recommend the best video player app (Blackberry or sideloaded Android) for the Playbook?

I have also renamed the .MTS file to .AVI which plays on my PC, however not on the PB using the standard Blackberry video player or mVideoPlayer either.

Thanks,

Vik
    02-13-12 07:17 AM
    Hi,

Does anyone know of a Video Player for the PB for .MTS file format. Or can someone recommend the best video player app (Blackberry or sideloaded Android) for the Playbook?

I have also renamed the .MTS file to .AVI which plays on my PC, however not on the PB using the standard Blackberry video player or mVideoPlayer either.

Thanks,

Vik
    Vik,

I personally use Pavtube's converter program. Since I am on a Mac that has been the best program for me to use to burn my blu-rays, make .mkv files as well as convert file formats. Pavtube Blu-ray/DVD Ripper/Video Converter, Blu-ray/DVD to MKV/MP4/iPad converter

I take a blu-ray (one that I have bought), and in Pavtube's format sections, there is a Playbook choice, and then make the movie that way. Then I just drag it into the "Video" section of the playbook and it plays in all it's HD glory.

I currently did the first 3 episodes of Star Wars and each at the full 1080p choice it was 4.8 to 5.5GB of space. But if you choose the one that allows for equal quality of video and sound it turns out to be around 1.2GB. Which is perfectly fine.

The reason I do it at the bigger one is because I will attach my PB to the TV at work and we are doing a matinee lunch viewing. So while we eat lunch I am streaming it in HD to the TV and it comes out awesome.

Just my thoughts.
    02-13-12 12:07 PM
    Hi

I've got a humax hdr foxt 2 which records these files, so far VideoReDo seems the best to convert it to an mp4 - I have that already as its quick.

I have used avidemux to convert any other AVI's I have with AC3

Hi,

Thanks,

Vik
    08-27-12 02:27 AM
    Your PC can play the renamed .MTS to .AVI because your PC has the codecs all installed, the .MTS or .AVI is just a containier which doesn't matter.

In playbook, MTS is not supported and if you rename to AVI, it will work only if the codec of the video is supported (e.g. Mpeg4 AVC/ aac audio). If the MTS contains AC3 audio codec, in which, the playbook doesn't support, it will not play.

You can use avidemux to convert the audio part from AC3 to AAC.
    08-27-12 06:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD