Evening forum how is everybody?

looking for an app or a set of apps that
    can free up memory and let us see what is going.on
    in the background
    Any ideas ?
    01-18-12 02:02 PM
    If you want to monitor your Battery on Power usage (see what apps zap your battery), I recommend Battery Guru.
    verticallimit12 and peter9477 like this.
    01-18-12 02:07 PM
    1. Battery Guru to check out what's going on with your (surprise...) battery.

2. Files and Folders (my personal favourite) or another file manager to help you keep your file system neat and tidy.
    01-18-12 02:11 PM
    1. Battery Guru to check out what's going on with your (surprise...) battery.

2. Files and Folders (my personal favourite) or another file manager to help you keep your file system neat and tidy.
    I agree!

Love both of those!!
    peter9477 likes this.
    01-18-12 04:22 PM
    looking for an app or a set of apps that
    can free up memory and let us see what is going.on
    in the background
    Any ideas ?
    Unfortunately RIM hasn't provided any way for developers to write apps that would do that. Apps are pretty much entirely insulated from each other. They can't manipulate memory except to grab some for themselves and free it up later.

They can't run in the background at all (i.e. without a window open) so the only things that do are system services provided as part of the OS. Third-party apps have no way to see what those services are as the APIs that would allow it are inaccessible except to the "root" user.

Basically, unless you're running a rooted PlayBook, for now there's no way to do that. (If you are, the "pidin" command may be handy to you. Type "use pidin" at the SSH prompt to learn basic usage info.)
    space_traveler likes this.
    01-18-12 04:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD