Hi guys, maybe this hasn't been discussed yet.

I need the absolute best sudoku app as a to make a present.

I need great graphics and great functionality.

Did you test any ?

I bought something called Sudoku Pro last year, but it is very ugly, it lacks functions and has never been updated.
    09-25-12 06:39 AM
    Hey there! I've had trouble finding a good sudoku app aswell. Currently, I use a sideloaded one called Super Sudoku. Graphically, it's not amazing, but when it comes to sudoku, I'm more interested in puzzle quality than presentation. If you're not sure what to look for in a sudoku app, the first thing is symmetry. Like a proper crossword, well made sudokus have initial symmetrical patterns. The one I use has four levels of difficulty, the hardest one requiring some advanced techniques to solve. These techniques can be found on the internet, and have names people have thought up for them. The app should also let you at least input multiple numbers in a single square. It's not everyone that uses this tool, but the app should provide the option. The screenshot shows the bare bones appearance of the app, and the multi-number input, and the inversed symmetrical positioning of the initial numbers. I think I acquired this app from Good E-Reader.

This one also offers many variations for those who enjoy different styles of sudoku. Personally, while I find the variations interesting, I also find they make the puzzles easier.
    Last edited by KidCaboose; 09-25-12 at 07:44 AM.
    09-25-12 07:41 AM
    You could try Antair Sudoku. I don't play, but the Nightstand and Notes applications by the same developer are well done and quite popular.
    09-25-12 08:52 AM
    Altair Sudoku, an android port, with notes
    Sudoku Solver, native, solver only
    No Frills Sudoku, native, strident-blue interface in portrait-mode-only, with notes
    'Sudoku', android port, with catalogues of thousands, with notes (and ads -there may be a paying ad-free version)
    09-25-12 12:06 PM
    Thank you all for your answers.

KidCaboose is obviously an expert, but I guess the person who will use the tablet will never get to the level of inserting multiple numbers.

I installed Andoku Free and I am content with it. Good functionality and acceptable graphics.
    10-05-12 01:25 PM
    Touch Sudoku, not only gives you hint, also explains it in animations!
    BlackBerry World - Touch Sudoku
    Best sudoku app?-puzzle-solving-first.png
    Last edited by handianping; 05-17-13 at 01:34 PM.
    05-17-13 01:21 PM
    My current fave is Awesome Sudoku. It has no difficulty levels, but it seems to be getting harder each time I play it. Wished it had a clock, though. I only use my PB is landscape mode, and many of the android ports only work in portrait, so they are right out!
    05-17-13 04:15 PM