Hey there, i've been a BlackBerry addict since 2008 and it was 3 months ago when i got my PlayBook and guess what? Im more addicted now and can't really wait for BB10, meanwhile im spending my money on Apps for the PlayBook (since they will work on BB10), kinda like thinking about the future if that's what you wanna call it, so im taking suggestions from experienced and common users equally to help me decide (and maybe help others too) get some great quality apps from the App World. Here's what i've got so far, i think these apps below are must have:

-Blaq
    -Book Reader
    -What's up
    -MovieSrtPlayer
    -PicShop
    -My File Manager
    -Many Notes
    -Uber Iris
    -InstaPhoto

Most of those apps have great dev teams, very active here on the forums and on Twitter... So, any suggestion in my quest for apps?
    catwoman66 likes this.
    03-14-12 02:31 PM
    I would add:

Files and Folders
    GeeReader PRO
    WebReader
    ProInsights
    GroovyNotes

All active here on the forums, which really makes the difference, I'd love to know of any others I might be missing, always on the hunt for well made native apps, and good support from devs..
    Just Me and Innovatology like this.
    03-14-12 03:02 PM
    Remote Desktop
    What's up (really good Dev who is very active on Crackberry)
    Todays Alarm Clock
    Bluebox
    Book Reader
    Idle Tracker HD

These are just a few of my favorite things, honorable mention goes to:
    Air Browser
    poynt
    speedtest
    03-14-12 03:40 PM
    .flv player
    whats up.
    Vault: Password Manager
    Splashtop Remote
    Bed Buzz
    03-14-12 04:31 PM
    Comics
    Book Reader
    Splashtop HD
    I downloaded the luko Remote trial today and after my first impressions I'm pretty sure I'll buy it and use it regularly.

Of the free apps, I most often use Nobex Radio and AIR Browser. Eventually, I'll give Files and Folders (paid) a closer look, but the other browser offers enough functionality for me at the moment.
    03-14-12 06:13 PM
    I will give a plug to Peter who gives a lot of time on Battery issues: Battery Guru (or as I started to type Gattery Buru)
    peter9477 likes this.
    03-14-12 09:54 PM
    Solar Explorer
    What's Up
    03-14-12 10:05 PM
    Oh! Splashtop HD is better than the "other" one in my opinion too, added to my list. Solar System Explorer is also very good, hope they add more info on it, both great apps for sure.
    03-15-12 12:19 AM
    Comics
    Book Reader
    Splashtop HD
    I downloaded the luko Remote trial today and after my first impressions I'm pretty sure I'll buy it and use it regularly.

Of the free apps, I most often use Nobex Radio and AIR Browser. Eventually, I'll give Files and Folders (paid) a closer look, but the other browser offers enough functionality for me at the moment.
    If you are into DropBox you will love Files & Folders, plus they give you a 3 day trial with all the options. Google docs and Box.net is all included, plus the next update will have Sugarsync too. It throws all these cloud services into one app, plus the dev is quick to get back to you with support. I will support anyone who does this. I bought another app (no name given) I have written 3 times and still no answer, people like that don't deserve our custom. Sorry for the sermon lol and rant some things have to be said
    03-15-12 07:37 AM
    It's not native (yet!) but in addition to the apps above I'm loving qPDF.
    It really adds a tonne of pdf capabilities which were sorely missing. And top notch support and they watch the forums and are very responsive.
    03-15-12 07:54 AM
    It really adds a tonne of pdf capabilities which were sorely missing. And top notch support and they watch the forums and are very responsive.
    Which version are you using? The viewer and notes demo, or did you purchase the full version? I would hope it was very good at that price
    03-15-12 07:58 AM
    If you are into DropBox you will love Files & Folders, plus they give you a 3 day trial with all the options. Google docs and Box.net is all included, plus the next update will have Sugarsync too. It throws all these cloud services into one app, plus the dev is quick to get back to you with support. I will support anyone who does this. I bought another app (no name given) I have written 3 times and still no answer, people like that don't deserve our custom. Sorry for the sermon lol and rant some things have to be said
    Thanks! I'm going to download this app when I get home or I get some time here at work.
    03-15-12 08:34 AM
    Which version are you using? The viewer and notes demo, or did you purchase the full version? I would hope it was very good at that price
    Paid for the full one. It smokes the native Adobe and makes my life SO much easier. Plus they are coming out with some exciting new features in the next couple rev's so I'm happy to support them. They still have to figure out a problem with 'save-as' and with mailing direct from their app (but I personally believe that is a RIM issue that I hope gets resolved)
    03-15-12 08:51 AM
    I'm glad I found this thread, I got a chance to download and install files & folders and I love it!! Easy access to almost everything. I can't wait for the SugarSync update you mentioned as a lot of my stuff is stored there but I do use google docs and dropbox as well. Thanks! Great program!!!
    03-15-12 03:52 PM
    To be truthful, there is no such thing as a "must have" app. Apps are personal preference. I know a few people who have PlayBook and love them for "couch surfing" and don't care about apps at all. I myself have only a single app installed. Book Reader. It's a nice to have app, but there are no must haves for me.
    03-15-12 07:12 PM
    To be truthful, there is no such thing as a "must have" app. Apps are personal preference. I know a few people who have PlayBook and love them for "couch surfing" and don't care about apps at all. I myself have only a single app installed. Book Reader. It's a nice to have app, but there are no must haves for me.
    That's true, everybody uses their tablets for different things. Its nice to get recommendations from different people. You never know what you may find.
    Just Me likes this.
    03-15-12 07:18 PM
    I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned Magellan Compass, yet: The most premiere mapping app for PB to date. Sure it uses Google Maps for base data but the programmers have done plenty of creative and interesting things with it, anyway.
    catwoman66 likes this.
    03-15-12 08:23 PM
    So you're the one who didn't buy my app!
    PanaSama likes this.
    03-15-12 08:31 PM
    I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned Magellan Compass, yet: The most premiere mapping app for PB to date. Sure it uses Google Maps for base data but the programmers have done plenty of creative and interesting things with it, anyway.
    FYI, they're moving in an upcoming version to use of the OpenStreetMap tiles, apparently (judging from the video) as served up by Mapquest (see MapQuest Maps - Driving Directions - Map). The big advantage is that while Google's license prohibits significant on-device caching, OpenStreetMap has no such restrictions. As an added bonus you can become a map editor and improve the data in your area. (That reminds me... I remember a spelling error in a local street that I need to go and fix, while I think of it. Can't do that as easily with Google.)
    03-15-12 10:39 PM
    What do you mean "Yet!"? Is a native version coming? I really need to get annotateble pdf viewer.
    03-15-12 11:05 PM
    Never heard of it, thanks for the heads up though, it looks interesting and seeing as there is a trial too will give it a whirl, thanks
    03-16-12 02:47 AM
    03-16-12 01:59 PM
    Files & Folders
    GroovyNotes
    ProInsights
    Pencil Camera
    File Shield
    Remember It
    03-16-12 02:45 PM
    As someone stated, all apps are a personal preference, but as far as paid apps go mine would be:

Book Reader

Files and Folders

Blaq

Spalshtop HD

I have other paid apps and some free apps I believe essential.
    03-16-12 06:31 PM
    It is indeed a nice game, i think i've seen your avatar playing today :P

GeeReader Pro is also very good, never has the chance to play with it, i bought it recently and it is very decent, specially for those who follow more than one tech blog, or anything.
    03-16-12 07:33 PM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD