As a news junkie, I'd like opinions regarding the best apps for national news. What do you guys use and why?
    11-14-11 07:38 AM
    Playbook 1.07 or 2?
    11-14-11 07:51 AM
    I like news360 and Blackberry News(although it seems a little slow to update).
    11-14-11 09:27 AM
    For 1.0.7 I would recommend WebReader. For 2.0 beta I would recommend Pulse for Android. Both easily sync with Google Reader.
    11-14-11 09:34 AM
    Just download PressReader from App World and it is awesome. there about 1900 newspaper around world where you can buy for .99 cent US download and read right here on Playbook. There is about 4 free trial download to try out.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Abrante likes this.
    11-14-11 10:47 AM
    I've got most of them and for Google Reader then WebReader or Newspile are good as is Glimpse.

For papers Pressreader is good, I've cancelled my Times UK subscription to pay for the £16 month sub to Pressreader so that I can read multiple papers instead.
    11-14-11 11:19 AM
    For 1.0.7 I would recommend WebReader. For 2.0 beta I would recommend Pulse for Android. Both easily sync with Google Reader.
    How do you sync Pulse with Google Reader? I only see where you can import feeds.

I want true sync so that I can add feeds from my PC to Google and then see them later on my Playbook, Blackberry, of PC.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated as I have not been able to figure this out!
    11-15-11 10:32 AM
    I also like the News360 app. On the surface it brings you everything, and within the article gives you multiple sources so you can decide what kind of slant you want on the story.

And it also gives you the ability to have a personal tab, lets you put in some key words and locations for more specific articles to fit your needs.
    11-15-11 12:31 PM
    How do you sync Pulse with Google Reader? I only see where you can import feeds.

I want true sync so that I can add feeds from my PC to Google and then see them later on my Playbook, Blackberry, of PC.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated as I have not been able to figure this out!
    If you go to manage sources and try and add the final tab is "Reader" add your Google Account and select which feeds you wantt o add.
    11-15-11 01:05 PM
    the only good one is news360. no bloomberg, no reuters, no fluent, no bbc, no blackberry news (bbc and bbnews only for america and uk), so basically the professional grade tablet got no decent news apps. it got rss readers but none is good. i wish it got fluent news. i get tired of slow rss crap linking to browsers, no different from twitter.
    11-15-11 04:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD