I need to buy an App for work tonight so I can find how to get from point A-B and I was wondering which one is best for the Blackberry Playbook??? I was thinking Megallen Compass or Map search for google. Any thoughts and opinions would be nice.
    12-09-11 01:22 AM
    I don't think map search does much (I don't think it does directions etc? don't remember). Megallen compass is good, you can install the trial for 7 days and see how you like it. It will overlay the directions on google map and you can set it to follow [center] the map on the gps signal.
    12-09-11 01:31 AM
    I don't think map search does much (I don't think it does directions etc? don't remember). Megallen compass is good, you can install the trial for 7 days and see how you like it. It will overlay the directions on google map and you can set it to follow [center] the map on the gps signal.
    Thank you so much Scorpio. I will download it now. I didnt notice the 7 day free trial.
    12-09-11 01:35 AM
    If you sideload icecream sandwich you can use google navigation..
    12-09-11 01:45 AM
    I would if I could but I dont know how too. Plus I dont have a computer I can use right now at the moment. And I think u need a computer to install that on here???
    12-09-11 02:03 AM
    Is this a hypothetical answer, or has someone done this on the PB. Will you provide link to or instructions if so. Thanks.
    12-09-11 05:35 AM
    How about BB Traffic for your phone? If you can get onto the Betazone, you can try version 3 which has terrific voice directions.
    US explorer is good as a map and where-am-I function as it doesn't require a connection of any kind, but it doesn't have a directions function.
    12-09-11 07:06 AM
    You can't sideload android ice cream sandwich. The android player for PlayBook come preinstalled on Tablet OS 2 beta and it is for Android 2.3 (gingerbread). You can't sideload the android player unless you have Tablet 1.0.6 and below
    12-09-11 09:48 AM
    How about BB Traffic for your phone? If you can get onto the Betazone, you can try version 3 which has terrific voice directions.
    US explorer is good as a map and where-am-I function as it doesn't require a connection of any kind, but it doesn't have a directions function.
    This ^. Since you list a PIN you must have a BB. Much easier than trying to integrate your PB. BB Traffic is fantastic. It was good even before voice was added.
    12-09-11 10:43 AM
    try waze on your blackberry its free, go to m.waze.com from your bb
    12-09-11 10:50 AM
    Magellan compass is probably the best... but no offline mode, so you need a wifi link to use it.

Actually, no offline GPS apps with nav exists yet for PB, but the guys at O2 software (Magellan Compass) are working on this for v3... no ETA.
    12-09-11 12:34 PM
    Nokia Maps works on the pb with gps. You'll need a data connection though.
    12-09-11 01:35 PM
    I found ice cream sandwich for you!!!!!

12-09-11 02:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD