What is the best file manager for the playbok? I have File Commander and My File Manager and they are both kind of clunky ininterface. What has worked best for others?
    01-01-12 04:33 PM
    Files and Folders. Awesome and loaded with features: dropbox, Box, googles docs sync. Well worth the price.
    01-01-12 04:36 PM
    Apparently AIR Browser isn't popular but it sure does get the job done and without all the unnecessary embellishments.
    01-01-12 05:31 PM
    I use files and folders and air browser. Both have pros.
    Innovatology and soxypirate like this.
    01-01-12 06:39 PM
    does files and folders allow you to copy video files from your blacjberry sd card to/from your playbook?
    01-01-12 07:05 PM
    i have files and folders too, i was able to make it work so must be on the easy side. worth the 2 bucks to me
    Innovatology likes this.
    01-01-12 07:07 PM
    I also use Files and Folders. Its excellent.
    Innovatology likes this.
    01-01-12 07:21 PM
    Air browser works fine and it is free. Somehow, I do not like Files and Folders UI and have found File Browser a lot easier to use. Next update also will allow Dropbox.net, etc integration and I can't wait. F&F lets you try for 3days so I say check it out if it is what you like andit is worth it for you.
    01-01-12 08:32 PM
    just tried files and folders. it doesn't support bridged files. Air Browswer only supports files on the Playbook. Also doesn't support bridged files.
    01-01-12 09:17 PM
    just tried files and folders. it doesn't support bridged files.
    Sure we do, as long as Bridge is working correctly and not blocked by BES. Start Bridge Files, unlock them with the icon next to the clock, then just swipe down in F&F and tap Bridge.
    01-01-12 09:22 PM
    I like Stuff, I also have Files & Folders, My File Manager. and Air Browser

They're all basically good...
    01-01-12 09:55 PM
    Sure we do, as long as Bridge is working correctly and not blocked by BES. Start Bridge Files, unlock them with the icon next to the clock, then just swipe down in F&F and tap Bridge.
    ok. After uninstalling and reinstalling, it now shows files on my SD card. very impressive. Thank you.
    Innovatology likes this.
    01-01-12 10:01 PM
    I've got one for you - today I copied a pdf from my pc to the pb but wanted it on my bbphone. So I fired up F&F, found it, tagged and copied (to buffer). Navigated to my sd card and tried pasting. It started but gave an error. I noticed the filename was established on the card but it was zero bytes.

So I used a competitor's product. It appeared to copy. But neither your program nor that program would read the pdf file on the sd card. Path not found or some such. It is on the phone because I found it and was able to open it on the phone.

I think that I've opened pdf's from the sd card before but maybe not???

(the pb is downstairs at the moment)
    01-01-12 10:14 PM
    does files and folders allow you to copy video files from your blacjberry sd card to/from your playbook?
    Yes you can copy any file from your Blackberry to the Playbook. It is also good for creating new folders on your PB to keep videos and photos organised. E.g. I have folders for my photos called Birthday, Christmas, Other with all the photos organised in them. When you open the photo app onthe PB, the folders are there and you can then open specific ones to view those photos.
    01-02-12 04:05 AM
    Apparently AIR Browser isn't popular but it sure does get the job done and without all the unnecessary embellishments.
    I installed that one as well, I like it alot more then File Commander and My File Manager. I did not try it with bridge files yet, but a much better interface. BTW why are most of my PB directories empty? What is the Bookmark folder for if bookmarks are not store there?
    01-02-12 05:53 AM
    I am very happy with Files & Folders.
    Innovatology likes this.
    01-02-12 06:46 AM
    I download Files & Folders trial, that one is very nice and full featured, and less then I spent on the other 2 apps I did not care for, if you combine the totals.

Thanks for all the input.

Bob
    01-02-12 10:43 AM
    I installed that one as well, I like it alot more then File Commander and My File Manager. I did not try it with bridge files yet, but a much better interface. BTW why are most of my PB directories empty? What is the Bookmark folder for if bookmarks are not store there?
    So glad you asked that and hope we get an answer. I can see downloaded pics, pdfs and videos in File Browser but if I open say AppData or Bookmarks there's nothing there. Just curious...
    01-02-12 11:23 AM
    Purchased!

Files & Folders does Everything better then the other managers.
    Innovatology likes this.
    01-02-12 03:57 PM
    Yeah I had the same issue. I suspect the bes blocking as well.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk
    01-02-12 09:00 PM
    01-05-12 08:32 AM
    ^ That's the one I have (Files & Folders). It's very good.
    It may not be the prettiest of the file explorer apps (not that it's ugly either) but it lets you do just about everything you could ever need.
    01-05-12 08:59 AM
    There is a new file manager that lets you go right into the root of PB, Blackberry's directory looks alot like Linux.

File Manager Lite Free Free File Manager Lite Free - Download File Manager Lite Free - Free Apps from BlackBerry App World
    01-06-12 08:13 PM
    Sorry for the bump guys, I want save this thread so I can refer back. I don't know how else to save it.
    01-14-12 07:02 AM
    Sorry for the bump guys, I want save this thread so I can refer back. I don't know how else to save it.
    The black bar at the top of the page. Thread tools>Subscribe
    01-14-12 12:01 PM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD