Newbie to the pb and haven't really downloaded many apps. What are your most fav apps and best free and best ones that are worth paying for? Thanks in advance!
    12-18-11 10:57 PM
    top free and top paid in app world is a good place to start
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    12-18-11 11:03 PM
    Slightly more helpfully, I use GroovyNotes which is brilliant for note taking in meetings etc and has dropbox integration. GeeReader Pro is my Google Reader of choice, though there is a wide choice. Vault is fairly good for passwords, though currently no backup. Blaq for Twitter, Press Reader for downloading newspapers and magazines. Games are of course, aplenty. Anything by Electronic Arts obviously worth having.
    12-19-11 07:23 AM
    top free and top paid in app world is a good place to start
    Bear in mind that "top selling apps" does not necessarily mean "best PlayBook apps". This is because many app get onto the featured page by virtue of the fact that they have versions for a wide range of BB smart phones as well PB. The PB version may, in fact, be what is technically known in the industry as a POS. It is a really good idea to check the reviews carefully and also check the vendor's reputation by searching for reviews in these forums (because the reviews in App World are not always what they seem).

Many excellent apps can be found by scanning the categories - there are many steady-performing apps that seldom rank in the top-sellers list (see my signature for an example). The apps at or near the top of the category lists are there because they receive the most good reviews. As a rule of thumb, you can ascertain that reviews have not been manipulated if there are a lot of reviews posted by satisfied customers. If there are only a few reviews and the app is a still "best seller", alarms should go off in your head (unless, of course, the app is brand new).

Also you should scan the following thread for lots of other bits of good advice that will make your PB experience all that it can be.:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...t-know-671764/
    patpatiar likes this.
    12-19-11 07:53 AM
    I don't know anything about your needs or what you like, but here's my list of more usefull apps on my PlayBook:

* CrackBerry
    * ScoreMobile
    * Files & Folders
    * GroovyNotes
    * BlackBerry News
    * File Shield
    * WeatherEye
    * News360
    * StockPulse
    * Personal Finances 3.0
    * OANDA Currency Converter
    * HRS Hotels
    * Games (UNO, SimCityDeluxe, Tetris, Solitaire)
    * FourPlay
    * IM+
    Innovatology likes this.
    12-19-11 01:46 PM
    My personal favorites:

Eternal Legacy
    Monopoly
    Blaq
    Bed-buzz
    CompRemote lite
    Silent noise
    Scrapbook
    Vevo
    Air browser
    Bluebox
    12-19-11 05:19 PM
    Lets Golf 2
    Need for Speed
    Tweetbook
    Vancouver Sun/Province/Any of the Canadian newspaper apps (pretty much all the same)
    News
    GeeReader Pro
    Air Browser
    Files and Folders
    IM+
    ScoreMobile
    Hockey Central Sportsnet
    Instaphoto
    Innovatology likes this.
    12-19-11 06:08 PM
    Newbie to the pb and haven't really downloaded many apps. What are your most fav apps and best free and best ones that are worth paying for? Thanks in advance!
    get all the free apps, use them and see what you like, anything else just delete, from there you can start buying the full version of those apps you need or really like
    CanadianThomas likes this.
    01-13-12 11:56 AM
    Current free apps:

Cooklet
    Pashto Script Tutorial
    Al Jazeera English
    Dari Alphabet
    Essential Pashto Phrases
    Dari Alphabet
    Flashlight Free
    Navita Translator
    Oanda Currency Converter
    Poynt
    QFolio
    Que Cocina Hoy
    Simple Browser
    Sketch Book
    Today's Alarm Clock
    Wet Paint
    01-13-12 12:12 PM
    doodleblast
    bb news
    poynt
    evernote
    files and folders
    leema - twitter
    instaphoto
    nobex radio
    jeeo connector
    jeeo player
    maxknux and Innovatology like this.
    01-13-12 06:16 PM
    Poynt is my go to app for phone numbers, movies and food.
    Scoremobile for sports scores.
    Piano is fun for the wife and kids. Its also a small eyebrow raiser for people that think you can't do anything on a Blackberry.
    Gaskeeper. Testing it in the work truck. Going to start keeping track of the personal suv and car soon.
    Weathereye for weather.
    Doodle Blast My son and I had fun with this puzzle type game today.
    Flags and Country Nice little game. Wife and I played it for a will last night and my son and i played it today.
    TicTacToe for kids is fun. Played that many times with my son and daughter. They ask to play it it everyday.
    Math Tutor is fun if you don't mind math. My wife is trying hard to beat me at it but that isn't going to happen anytime soon.

James
    01-14-12 05:10 PM
    Crackberry
    Globe and Mail
    Weather Network
    Windsor Star
    Angry Birds (my guilty pleasure)
    Angry Apes
    01-14-12 05:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD