03-14-12 08:41 PM
92 1234
tools
    First of all, let me say kudos to RIM for providing the OS2.0 update! Awesome!

I just wanted to start a thread on any Android apps that users found in the App World.

The one that I was waiting for was OverDrive Media Player which I downloaded right after the upgrade was complete!

And, thank you to everyone at CrackBerry.com for keeping us in the loop!

Paul
    I cant seem to find the over dirve media player in app world. Rim really needs to fix the search function in app world, its totally broken.

Any idea how i could get this? is there a website which provides a link?
    02-21-12 04:31 PM
    I cant seem to find the over dirve media player in app world. Rim really needs to fix the search function in app world, its totally broken.

Any idea how i could get this? is there a website which provides a link?
    I found it alright by just searching "overdrive", although you might want to try the appworld weblink.
    02-21-12 04:40 PM
    Dolphin browser is an andriod apps but it seems that it does not play flash video in it. I tried several times...no luck. Anybody encountered this problem too?
    02-21-12 04:41 PM
    The Android version of YouVersion Bible app is working.....confirmed
    SCPanther13 likes this.
    02-21-12 04:47 PM
    Check out my android app: Bacon, which is a base converter. Free btw and no ads.
    Stuckmojo likes this.
    02-21-12 04:52 PM
    dolphin browser takes too long to load a page.....i deleted it
    02-21-12 04:54 PM
    Anybody got SlingPlayer onto the PB?
    02-21-12 05:07 PM
    Dolphin browser works great for me.... even loaded Cpanel that native PB browser wont..... I'm so loving this.... OS 2 makes my playbook feel new
    02-22-12 05:57 PM
    First of all, let me say kudos to RIM for providing the OS2.0 update! Awesome!

I just wanted to start a thread on any Android apps that users found in the App World.

The one that I was waiting for was OverDrive Media Player which I downloaded right after the upgrade was complete!

And, thank you to everyone at CrackBerry.com for keeping us in the loop!

Paul
    Thanks for the heads up for overdrive just got it today it rocks.
    02-22-12 06:43 PM
    I downloaded Pool Break lite, it' fun. It would be cool if the apps were more identifiable in App World, I never owned an Android device so I have no clue what Andoid apps are.
    02-22-12 07:28 PM
    Repligo Reader - confirmed working (sideloaded)
    Messenger with you - confirmed working (sideloaded)
    Can't seem to find repligo reader in appsworld
    02-22-12 07:38 PM
    Xeno Tactic
    02-22-12 07:44 PM
    Can't seem to find repligo reader in appsworld
    You have to sideload it. Here is the bar file: RepliGo Reader 3_3_0.bar
    I did today, and it works beautifully.
    4wheel likes this.
    02-22-12 10:30 PM
    You have to sideload it. Here is the bar file: RepliGo Reader 3_3_0.bar
    I did today, and it works beautifully.
    I installed it and it does work but what is the trick to getting the tool bar with the book marks to come up? When I open a pdf initially it's there and I can bookmark to the section I want to go but after that I can't get it to reappear. If I swipe off screen/down the toolbar that pops up has Open/Save/Save As/Send/Zoom/More. More consists of Go to page/Rotate/Properties/Register/Settings
    02-22-12 10:49 PM
    Dolphin browser ran like crap on my pb as well. No where near as smooth as the original browser. Deleted it without looking back.

I think the pb browser is really good with the new update. I just wish they have tabbed browsing like dolphin browser so I can just click once to alternate between different tabs as opposed to clicking the tabs sign or swiping then selecting the tab, which I find rather annoying.
    habanero61 likes this.
    02-23-12 04:05 AM
    The problem here is that there are no "android apps". In actual fact, there just apps...that are available in the Android Market. Many of these apps are also available in Apple's Appstore so by definition they are NOT Android apps. And now they are also available in BlackBerry's AppWorld store. Either they're BlackBerry Apps and Android Apps and Apple Apps (couldn't resist that one) or their neither of these IMHO.
    mandir75 and let_it_go7 like this.
    02-23-12 05:51 AM
    I agree that scrolling up and down is not smooth but pages load fast,gesture feature is awesome and google maps and docs are working within this browser. so it is a keeper for me
    02-23-12 06:52 AM
    The problem here is that there are no "android apps". In actual fact, there just apps...that are available in the Android Market. Many of these apps are also available in Apple's Appstore so by definition they are NOT Android apps. And now they are also available in BlackBerry's AppWorld store. Either they're BlackBerry Apps and Android Apps and Apple Apps (couldn't resist that one) or their neither of these IMHO.
    But they are Android apps. You can clearly tell when you're using a ported Android app as opposed to a regular, native app written for the PlayBook.

The main difference is you're unable to run multiple Android apps separately at once. All Android apps run from the same app window or player.
    02-23-12 06:53 AM
    archipelago is great for killing time.
    02-23-12 10:02 AM
    Anybody got SlingPlayer onto the PB?
    I just uploaded the original android file for sling player. I am hoping someone can convert it and sign it and then we can test.
    minimoi, il309, raycaster and 2 others like this.
    02-23-12 10:10 AM
    Really funny. 10000 Facts about you, not Mr. Norris. Ideal if you wear the playbook on a chain around your neck.
    Last edited by tberk1977; 02-23-12 at 03:10 PM.
    02-23-12 03:06 PM
    The Android version of YouVersion Bible app is working.....confirmed
    Where did you find it? I've searched, but haven't had any luck. Thanks!
    02-23-12 03:41 PM
    Where did you find it? I've searched, but haven't had any luck. Thanks!
    it's in the app world just search for "Bible" you will find it.
    It's one of the best Bible apps out there. I also like touch Bible loaded. but it's not out there yet.

Edit. I just tried to find it but you're right it's not there. I got it Tuesday but it seems to be gone now. It's called Bible by LifeChurch.TV but it's not it the appworld.
    Last edited by KennethD; 02-23-12 at 08:52 PM.
    02-23-12 07:41 PM
    What about words with friends? Is it available yet for playbook?
    02-24-12 12:46 AM
    Have you tried turning it off and on? I had to install apps, then restart to get them to work.
    02-24-12 12:58 AM
92 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD