First of all, let me say kudos to RIM for providing the OS2.0 update! Awesome!

I just wanted to start a thread on any Android apps that users found in the App World.

The one that I was waiting for was OverDrive Media Player which I downloaded right after the upgrade was complete!

And, thank you to everyone at CrackBerry.com for keeping us in the loop!

Paul
    02-21-12 11:03 AM
    I just downloaded dolphin browser.
    02-21-12 11:04 AM
    ...still must be side loaded. This should have been the first thing that got fixed...KOBO sucks.
    02-21-12 11:07 AM
    this is a good post. i hope more people share some android apps.
    wrcmobile likes this.
    02-21-12 11:10 AM
    Sideloaded PhoneMyPc, amazing app, much better then splashtop.
    02-21-12 11:11 AM
    No Kindle, Kobo doesn't sideload PDFs. We are stuck with that awful PDF reader from Adobe. Doesn't have search, bookmarks or annotations. Hello RIM. Wakey-wakey!
    Kiddo2050 likes this.
    02-21-12 11:11 AM
    Interested to see,hear and read about all the android working apps as well
    mphillips828 likes this.
    02-21-12 11:13 AM
    The apps i have downloaded so far haven't worked. I tap on their icons and nothing happens.
    02-21-12 11:15 AM
    ...still must be side loaded. This should have been the first thing that got fixed...KOBO sucks.
    sideload indeed, it does work though on the new OS, already done it and reading books.
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    02-21-12 11:16 AM
    Why does Kobo suck? It displays books and has a decent-sized library. Are you looking for the words to jump off the page and give you a back massage or something?
    02-21-12 11:19 AM
    Repligo Reader - confirmed working (sideloaded)
    Messenger with you - confirmed working (sideloaded)
    02-21-12 11:22 AM
    chi-town311,

Have you used Kobo for reading a book? It really is pretty bad in comparison. PlayEpub is excellent. Give it a shot and then come back and tell me Kobo is a good book reader. Granted, you can go buy books with Kobo and Kobo does have an extensive book store, but it really does stop right about there.
    02-21-12 11:23 AM
    No Kindle, Kobo doesn't sideload PDFs. We are stuck with that awful PDF reader from Adobe. Doesn't have search, bookmarks or annotations. Hello RIM. Wakey-wakey!
    I use Book Reader for what Adobe doesn't do, as for Kobo I use it mainly for their free books. Book Reader has bookmarks and annotations.
    02-21-12 11:43 AM
    chi-town311,

Have you used Kobo for reading a book? It really is pretty bad in comparison. PlayEpub is excellent. Give it a shot and then come back and tell me Kobo is a good book reader. Granted, you can go buy books with Kobo and Kobo does have an extensive book store, but it really does stop right about there.
    I've used Book Reader - and I realize that there are some things that you cannot do with Kobo, like highlight, annotate, etc. I never used those things though, so I could care less. All I'm saying really is that Kobo has the most integrated Book experience on the BlackBerry PlayBook and it works fine. Is it perfect, no. But not many things on the PlayBook are perfect. They are supporting the PlayBook more than any other Book Platform. I say we all tell Amazon to F-off; they just started blocking streaming for amazon Prime accounts. Why buy a book from them if it is available fro Kobo? Amazon has clearly decided that they are not interested in supporting the PlayBook.
    02-21-12 11:52 AM
    A newbie here, so please excuse my naivete. How do you sideload android apps? Do you have to jailbreak the PB? I would like to get kindle etc. on my PB.
    carwacster likes this.
    02-21-12 11:53 AM
    I think it would be great if we could get a sticky in the Apps section of the forum where people can post about new apps available with OS 2.0. From looking at the new threads, it seems like there's only a handful of new apps that people seem to be happy about.
    02-21-12 12:19 PM
    Anyone try:

RBC Banking App
    CIBC Banking App
    MS OneNote
    DropBox

Any feedback on these apps would be appreciated! Thanks.
    02-21-12 12:28 PM
    skype ? Are you talking sideloading?

This thread is for BEST android apps now available IN APP WORLD.

skynny70, rinaldip and mrismail like this.
    02-21-12 01:09 PM
    speaking of sideloading has anyone tried sideloading skype since theupdate maybe the camera and mic will work
    02-21-12 01:23 PM
    skype ? Are you talking sideloading?

This thread is for BEST android apps now available IN APP WORLD.

Sorry, I misunderstood. I was asking about android apps that I'm sure aren't in the app world yet. Sorry for the wasted bandwidth...
    02-21-12 01:28 PM
    I searched for about ten of my favorite android apps and only found one.

Also, I downloaded Dolphin but got could not workout how to add bookmarks without the on screen menu "button" you get on android tablets. How do you go back without the go back button? Am I going to have to learn gestures?
    02-21-12 02:09 PM
    WordPress is on there which is awesome
    knightfall likes this.
    02-21-12 02:12 PM
    This thread has become all about side loaded apps (except for 1 or 2 mentioned), I think the below thread is more relevant for people looking for Android ported apps already available in App World. You can add the apps in the comments and OP can update the main post.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...pworld-700688/
    skynny70 and robkd like this.
    02-21-12 02:37 PM
    How do you side load? is there a good free texting app for playbook like Text Free or Text now ?
    02-21-12 02:39 PM
    How do you side load? is there a good free texting app for playbook like Text Free or Text now ?
    I did not yet find the free option but there is currently following native PB app available "n2webSMS" to send SMS for around 9c/SMS.
    02-21-12 02:55 PM
92 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD