06-04-12 08:59 PM
52 123
tools
    We’re here with another app, and this time it’s for all the photography enthusiasts out there! Introducing Uber Iris, an uber cool photo effects & filters app for the PlayBook.

Uber Iris is a quick and easy way to give your photos that special touch and make them look stylish, creative and fun. Uber Iris lets you effortlessly add gorgeous and funky effects to your photos, all within a beautifully designed interface.

Here are some of the features:

• Extremely smooth and elegant UI which allows for quick photo edits
    • Take pictures from within the app or import photos from your camera roll and edit them on the move.
    Inbuilt basic Photo Editing Tools: Crop, Rotate, Flip and Adjust Brightness, Hue, Contrast and Saturation
    Professional Photo Filters: Choose from 30 different filters like:

✓ Black & White
    ✓ Sunkissed
    ✓ Lomo
    ✓ Polarizer
    ✓ 70's
    ✓ 80's
    ✓ Ebony
    ✓ Sharpen
    ✓ Rewind
    ✓ Purple Haze
    ✓ Mystify
    ✓ Luminous
    ✓ Tungsten
    ✓ Nostalgia
    ✓ X Pro
    ✓ Sepia
    ✓ Old Sketch
    ✓ Aura
    ✓ Autumn
    ✓ Twilight
    ✓ Haze
    ✓ Photocopy
    ✓ Hallucination
    ✓ Retro Poster
    ✓ Negative
    ✓ BW Halftone
    ✓ Sandpaper
    ✓ Scanlines
    ✓ Posterize
    ✓ Noir
    Get Creative: Use effect sliders to finely control each effect and intensity.
    • Edit and view your pictures in both portrait and landscape mode.
    Social Sharing: Save your masterpieces on your PlayBook or share them with friends and family via Facebook, Twitter and Flickr.

Read more about Uber Iris and download it here.

We’d love for all of you to try out Uber Iris and give us your feedback and suggestions.
    Last edited by XLabz; 02-29-12 at 01:02 AM.
    02-29-12 12:04 AM
    Just purchased it great app!
    XLabz and sonnguyenthach like this.
    02-29-12 01:51 AM
    This looks good I wonder how it stacks up against insta photo. Hmmmm. I'm sold lol bought! Thx for the work this looks great.
    XLabz likes this.
    02-29-12 02:27 AM
    This looks good I wonder how it stacks up against insta photo. Hmmmm. I'm sold lol bought! Thx for the work this looks great.
    Thanks for being an early adaptor of Uber Iris!

It won't be appropriate for us to comment on a competing app but here are some features which sets Uber Iris apart:

1) We have basic image editing tools inbuilt in the app with professional grade layouts for operations like Crop, Flip, Rotate and basic adjustments like Brightness, Hue, Contrast and Saturations.

2) The effects we have inbuilt into the app as you can see are far superior that the rest and we also give you finer control over the effect intensity. Not to mention, we have more effects & filters than any other app.

3) Last but not the least, we have packaged this into a stunning UI which is user friendly and looks gorgeous. You will feel proud to open the app and take a snap in public without being embarrassed about a sloppy UI

Finally, this is just the tip of the iceberg and we have a very impressive roadmap for the product ahead. As with all our apps, we will wait for the app to reach a critical mass and keep improving it and adding more features as time goes by.
    02-29-12 04:21 AM
    awesome sold!! just got it! thanks heaps, also purchased currency converter while i was at it! : )
    XLabz likes this.
    02-29-12 04:31 AM
    Check out some cool effects you can create with Uber Iris!

02-29-12 09:07 AM
    dope, i wish i brought my pb to work now...
    XLabz likes this.
    02-29-12 09:29 AM
    seems like a must-buy.. thank you
    XLabz likes this.
    02-29-12 10:30 AM
    Wow! This app looks great. One question though - when I try to import a picture I didn't take on the PlayBook it comes up really, really small (I've attached a screenshot). I tried it with a couple of different pictures and both were really small. Do you have any suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong?
    02-29-12 11:06 AM
    I like it, but some suggestions:

Improve shutter speed. While not as slow as 1.0's stock app, this app doesn't seem to take a picture as fast as 2.0's stock app. Shutter response is important to me.

What about a classier look when taking a picture, ala Hipstamatic?

Maybe the ability to pre-select your filter so you can take a number of pictures using it without having to stop after each one? I want to use it as a camera, not a post session filter app.

Looks like you're on to something here. Bought it, look forward to updates!
    02-29-12 11:18 AM
    It is a great app. I am really going to enjoy using it.
    In the adjustments section it seems like the sliders are trying to apply the desired adjustment too quickly, resulting in really bad lag. The sliders should be able to move top to bottom smoothly and when it is released, then add the adjustment. As it is, it is a frustrating experience. Other than that, the app is very very nice.
    02-29-12 11:57 AM
    I think this is yet another app I'm going to purchase. I swear, I've spent like $300 in apps between my phones and tablet and I have absolutely NO issue with that!
    taylor96 and shawnmobile like this.
    02-29-12 12:25 PM
    And my collection of xlabz apps grows. This is a terrific app, and well priced. I thought the filters provided are quite good, and right up there with instaphoto, but appreciated being able to dial them up or down. Really liked the crop options, with solid presets for 16:9 and 3:2 etc. I found the fx option wheel a look little laggy, this could be smoother.

The killer feature is ability to link to not just Facebook and twitter, but flickr as well. Nice!

Solid app, nice. Ui, and full featured. Hope this does well, and looking forward to some more filters and updates!
    02-29-12 10:23 PM
    Wow! This app looks great. One question though - when I try to import a picture I didn't take on the PlayBook it comes up really, really small (I've attached a screenshot). I tried it with a couple of different pictures and both were really small. Do you have any suggestions as to what I might be doing wrong?
    This is rather strange. We did test the app with a lot of photos which were not taken with the PlayBook and haven't seen this issue yet. Can you please email the picture you used to bbsupport [at] xlabz [dot] com?
    03-01-12 03:32 AM
    Just so everyone gets a feel of Uber Iris, over the course of this week, we will be posting a few filter effects that are created with Uber Iris.

Here's the first one.

Original Image (No Filters Applied):

Filter : Aura

jeroen_13 and taylor96 like this.
    03-01-12 09:59 AM
    I like it, but some suggestions:

Improve shutter speed. While not as slow as 1.0's stock app, this app doesn't seem to take a picture as fast as 2.0's stock app. Shutter response is important to me.

What about a classier look when taking a picture, ala Hipstamatic?

Maybe the ability to pre-select your filter so you can take a number of pictures using it without having to stop after each one? I want to use it as a camera, not a post session filter app.

Looks like you're on to something here. Bought it, look forward to updates!
    Shutter Speed: It will be very difficult (if not possible) to get the same shutter speed as the stock app within an app. We will see how we can improve the speed.

Classier Look: Good suggestion but then don't you think it will hinder the view area. Not sure if more people would like that.

Pre-select Filter: We indeed tried doing this but the performance goes for a spin when we apply live effects to the feed.
    03-02-12 12:02 AM
    What an awesome app! If only there was a phone version as well I can't seem to find any decent programs.
    XLabz likes this.
    03-02-12 12:18 AM
    Shutter Speed: It will be very difficult (if not possible) to get the same shutter speed as the stock app within an app. We will see how we can improve the speed.

Classier Look: Good suggestion but then don't you think it will hinder the view area. Not sure if more people would like that.

Pre-select Filter: We indeed tried doing this but the performance goes for a spin when we apply live effects to the feed.
    I don't think people need to see pixel for pixel what will be in the shot. I for one worry about that afterwards when reviewing the pics. I bet you could get away with a camera viewfinder look - or make it an option.

As for preselect - I don't mean apply the effects in live feed, the viewfinder should be normal. Just have them "develop" in the background using whatever look was selected.

Hipstamatic on my iphone is my favorite camera app because of how it recreates the plastic camera experience. Obviously you want to be your own thing and that's good, but I wouldn't underestimate the appeal it has - and the fact they refuse to port to android or anything else
    03-02-12 01:49 AM
    Is this an android ported app or a native playbook app? My android player freezes and crashes multiple times a day so I'm a little hesitant to buy android apps...
    03-02-12 02:48 AM
    This is NOT an ported Android app. This is a native app developed exclusively and tested on PlayBook. You can buy it with confidence.
    03-02-12 02:56 AM
    Two questions for the developer:
    Rotation- Is it "free rotation"?
    Cropping- Can it be done by ratio, eg. 4:3, 16:9?
    beatsandlife likes this.
    03-02-12 07:58 AM
    Rotation happens in increments of 90 degrees. You can rotate in all four directions but it is not a free hand rotation.

Yes, cropping can be done in 4:3, 16:9, Golden, Square and free form.
    Newfangled Gizmo likes this.
    03-02-12 11:50 AM
    @Xlabz im so sorry of posting that link
    Its deleted.. I wont do it again for sure

Jeroen
    03-02-12 03:30 PM
    @Jeroen Not a problem - thanks for your understanding.
    03-02-12 03:35 PM
    The 70's effect:

03-03-12 11:39 AM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD