Can anyone give me feedback as to whether Antair Nightstand has options/settings to make the clock numbers red so they don't light up your bedroom too much?

One thing I have not liked about many alarm apps on my 9550 or now 9930 is the clock is so bright it illuminates the room too much when my wife and I are trying to go to sleep. We like a really dark room.

Thanks for your input.
    Last edited by skynny70; 12-29-11 at 01:31 PM.
    12-29-11 01:03 PM
    You can make the numbers any color you like and any brightness. Mine are blue.
    If you go back to the Digital Original setting they will be green again. There is no way to save the new color as a setting but the numbers will stay the color you chose until you change it or change the default setting even after you close a reopen the app.
    skynny70 likes this.
    12-29-11 08:38 PM
    Bedbuzz has a checkbox to override standby. I just downloaded it and tested it out over couple of hours. It stays on unless you manually put the PB in standby. I especially lime the talking clock with the temp.
    12-29-11 09:06 PM
    how do you get the weather to work on antair nightstand? i cant get it to work for some reason
    12-30-11 03:37 AM
    Put your city in the weather setup and turn wireless on.
    ashsingh likes this.
    12-30-11 04:31 AM
    thanks bud i left the setting on gps location so it wasnt picking up anything
    12-30-11 05:25 AM
    Will the alarm sound if the PB is in standby and the app is not active? The core clock's alarm will but it seems that 3rd party alarms will not??
    12-30-11 06:24 AM
    Bedbuzz will work in standby
    12-30-11 07:07 AM
    Bedbuzz will work in standby
    Understood, But does it have to be active (up) to sound? That is, must I be sure it is an active app each time I restart or clean away my open cards??

I would like an app I can set and forget. Thanks
    Last edited by BlazorBoy; 12-30-11 at 10:30 AM.
    12-30-11 07:13 AM
    Cassandra Stand is a nice one:

Cassandra Stand - News & Clock for RIM Playbook

"Cassandra Stand is an elegant, cross-platform mobile application which transforms your device in a useful and visual appealing stand with Date & Clock, Weather Forecast and Top Stories from more than 50 Countries. Cassandra is easily customizable, supports Geo-location, landscape and portrait and features a clean and stunning interface... Everything you could ask from a stand application and much more!"
    12-30-11 07:42 AM
    With respect to any 3rd party alarm clock:

Does it have to be active (up) to sound? That is, must I be sure it is an active app each time I restart or clean away my open cards?? The core Clock's alarm will sound even if the Clock app is not "up." I understand that all will sound when the PB is in standby, but they all seem to require that they be active.

I would like an app I can set and forget.

Thanks
    Last edited by BlazorBoy; 12-30-11 at 10:58 AM.
    12-30-11 10:51 AM
    With respect to any 3rd party alarm clock:

Does it have to be active (up) to sound? That is, must I be sure it is an active app each time I restart or clean away my open cards?? The core Clock's alarm will sound even if the Clock app is not "up." I understand that all will sound when the PB is in standby, but they all seem to require that they be active.

I would like an app I can set and forget.

Thanks
    Active as in the current running app or active as in running in the background?
    I just tested it with 'Today's Alarm Clock' and it has to be running for the alarm to work but not necessarily be the 'active' app.

ie. I set an alarm and minimized the app, opening the music player as the 'active' app. The alarm sounded as expected. I did the same, setting the alarm and closing the app completely and it did not work. I believe it is the same as when I was using iHome on my ipod touch. As long as the app is running in memory the alarm wil work but not if it was completely removed from 'active' memory.

I hope this helps/makes sense.
    12-30-11 11:05 AM
    Active as in the current running app or active as in running in the background?
    I just tested it with 'Today's Alarm Clock' and it has to be running for the alarm to work but not necessarily be the 'active' app.

ie. I set an alarm and minimized the app, opening the music player as the 'active' app. The alarm sounded as expected. I did the same, setting the alarm and closing the app completely and it did not work. I believe it is the same as when I was using iHome on my ipod touch. As long as the app is running in memory the alarm wil work but not if it was completely removed from 'active' memory.

I hope this helps/makes sense.
    Many thanks it makes perfect sense and confirms my tests. I was hoping that some alarm app (other than the core Clock) would not have to be in background memory in order to work. It is a pain to be sure that the alarm app is always open just before you go to bed. If the core Clock can function w/o being in memory it seems there ought to be a way for an app to do the same, but this might be difficult for a developer.

Anyway thanks for your input.

BTW why would anyone pay for an alarm clock when Today's Alarm Clock is free? I would only pay if it had that non-open requirement feature.

Happy New Years to ALL.
    12-30-11 11:15 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD