Hi, after bridging on the playbook with my Bold 9700, and downloading the new update for the playbook, I am still unable to use the playbook BBM through the blackberry bridge. I open the BBM on the playbook but it just keeps trying to load but nothing happens.
    06-18-11 02:18 AM
    did you try rebooting both devices? BBM is the current version too right?
    06-18-11 02:40 AM
    Had the same problem yesterday with my friend who's bb was updated, turned out that his bbm wasn't the last version, updated it and it was fixed!
    Maybe that's your problem?
    06-18-11 03:02 AM
    Hi, after bridging on the playbook with my Bold 9700, and downloading the new update for the playbook, I am still unable to use the playbook BBM through the blackberry bridge. I open the BBM on the playbook but it just keeps trying to load but nothing happens.
    Does it just not load - or is it showing the splashscreen and just exits before BBM starts?

There is a problem with special characters - so IF any of your contacts have any special characters in their name BBM on Playbook wont start.
    The work-around is that you have to manually set a name on all your contacts with these special characters - and then it should load on the Playbook.

BUT - problem also occurs IF you receive BBM messages with special characters... then you have to read and delete those chats from the phone itself.
    mitchellk and bigbamboo like this.
    06-18-11 12:14 PM
    I had the same issue. update bbm on your BB to the latest version and u shd be doing good.
    06-18-11 12:43 PM

Go into BBM on your phone, and remove all the "special characters, smilies, etc" from your friends list names. eg my friend Shara's bbm nick was " -thumbs up emote- $$hara " . Change that back to Shara...

and try again. Works like a charm

The playbook cant currently handle special characters is BBM names. When you have friends with these fancy chars in their names BBM doesnt want to open
    teamfoster03 and bigbamboo like this.
    06-19-11 08:35 PM
    Does it just not load - or is it showing the splashscreen and just exits before BBM starts?

There is a problem with special characters - so IF any of your contacts have any special characters in their name BBM on Playbook wont start.
    The work-around is that you have to manually set a name on all your contacts with these special characters - and then it should load on the Playbook.

BUT - problem also occurs IF you receive BBM messages with special characters... then you have to read and delete those chats from the phone itself.
    Awesome, solved my problem in 5 seconds, thank you.
    06-20-11 04:55 PM
    Awesome, solved my problem in 5 seconds, thank you.
    i did exactly that but it doesn't works, i get all the notifications but bbm keeps loading on the PB
    06-26-11 10:13 PM
    when i try to open my bbm it says i dont have the right plug in or i dont have the latest bbm version but i do have the latest bbm version. any ideas?
    11-30-11 09:16 AM
    mine simply isn't loading at all, and, contrary to the above claims that it can't handle special characters, I find it hard to believe that something that worked fine before the OS2 update (and the two most recent BBM updates) worked fine, and now makes it so that it can't launch anymore.
    02-25-12 02:15 PM
    I have the same problem !
    02-25-12 03:15 PM
    Can I use bbm without the bridge or simply using my pb? Thanks
    02-28-12 05:49 AM
    Can I use bbm without the bridge or simply using my pb? Thanks
    No you can not.
    02-28-12 06:11 AM
    What about if you have a old BB thats not connected to any data networks lol, will it bridge and enable bbm, or is a active rim server needed
    02-28-12 08:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD