Does anyone know if bb traffic is being developed for the PB? It would be great to have it work via bluetooth from the phone to the PB.
    05-15-11 07:48 PM
    I do not think anything has been said yet. It is a great idea though.
    05-15-11 10:23 PM
    i would love to see it but how good would it be unless u could tether it wo wifi
    05-16-11 12:12 AM
    i would love to see it but how good would it be unless u could tether it wo wifi
    It would be great it you could simply tether off your phone using bluetooth. Albeit, simply tethering using bluetooth hasn't been so simple for me. I have had nothing but problems with bridge so far...reinstalling every few days.

Regardless, Traffic would be great on the larger screen.
    05-16-11 07:49 AM
    The current tendency, while limited, to have some of the apps rely on wifi is absurd. What use is Bing if I'm out and about and need directions but there's no wifi in the parking lot (would not think of using it while driving). Traffic info needs to be current and a wifi connection that the passenger can access (again, not the driver!) just does not occur in the middle of most freeways. It needs Bridge but I fear that Rim is not going to want to alienate too many carriers by drawing off data for bridge apps. Carriers, at least, US carriers want us to get another $$$ monthly tether plan!
    05-16-11 10:18 AM
    Well, the bridge connection is open to other apps now, that hurdle has been crossed. The new blackberry traffic 3 came out today on the phone with voice as well. Hopefully it comes to playbook eventually.

Installed google navigation on OS2 beta, but android apps don't see the bridge internet Mapdroyd has offline maps (and gps marker) but not even map search (let alone directions/navigation/voice).
    12-23-11 08:00 PM
    I think that traffic will only show up when the 3G/4G PB comes out, and by then Traffic will be merged into the maps application (I'd love to have a live preview of my path like Garmins do it- helps out a lot at tricky intersections)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-24-11 02:02 AM
    It must surely come out for PlayBook eventually, since they must be porting all native apps over to BB10 which is QNX-based!
    12-25-11 12:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD