Take a look at the reviews of the DevCon Europe app in AppWorld As a man who used to organise conferences I'm half stunned and half amused at the reviews. I'm pleased there are changes happening at RIM and I'm hoping this is a hangover from days now gone but when the app your devs use at your convention gets slaughtered while they wander lost around a hotel complex you really do have to wonder who is checking this stuff.
    02-09-12 10:31 AM
    Yeah, I noticed and wondered about it too but I dont know who wrote the app etc... so I refrained from commenting about it.
    02-09-12 10:43 AM
    Even if it wasnt a RIM commissioned app it passed someone's Quality Check to get in there. Probably slipped past some QA bloke in a room behind app world HQ trying to read the 42842 ebooks which have been posted individually :-)
    02-09-12 10:51 AM
    I was there, I used it ... and I think most of us did.
    It's not intended for wide distib, have a cycle of life of 3 weeks ...
    And for what I had to do (check my scheduled sessions, mostly), it has done the job.

Yes, it's not perfect nor stylish ... but was efficient to me.
    I didn't commented it since it has no further life to expect.
    02-09-12 10:55 AM
    I was there, I used it ... and I think most of us did.
    It's not intended for wide distib, have a cycle of life of 3 weeks ...
    And for what I had to do (check my scheduled sessions, mostly), it has done the job.

Yes, it's not perfect nor stylish ... but was efficient to me.
    I didn't commented it since it has no further life to expect.
    I kind of thought the same! That it was intended for Devs who are actually present there and the reviews were posted by other folks sitting at home who downloaded it and found nothing useful or juicy to read

Or some Devs who think they could have done a better job at the App (or prolly just disgruntled because they missed out on some freebies at the conference )
    02-09-12 12:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD