This could go in either section, I think, so if "the powers that be" deem it to be moved, so be it.

Anyway, after watching the latest video by Kevin on the whole Bridge vs Tethering thing, I'm wondering...will the "bridge" enable the use of the MLB At Bat app viewed on the Playbook? So, can (or will) I be able to stream the MLB audio via my phone/bridge - negating the need (or requirement?) to buy a separate Playbook-specific app and/or *need* to be on a WiFi connection???
    04-17-11 09:33 PM
    This could go in either section, I think, so if "the powers that be" deem it to be moved, so be it.

Anyway, after watching the latest video by Kevin on the whole Bridge vs Tethering thing, I'm wondering...will the "bridge" enable the use of the MLB At Bat app viewed on the Playbook? So, can (or will) I be able to stream the MLB audio via my phone/bridge - negating the need (or requirement?) to buy a separate Playbook-specific app and/or *need* to be on a WiFi connection???
    bump.......
    04-17-11 09:52 PM
    Bridge only allows for data via the browser not apps. And bumps after 20 minutes is not necessary.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-17-11 09:57 PM
    For the speakers right? Coz you'll have the audio there on your phone anyway? Better audio with the playbook I'm sure. One way around this (for next year) would be to not buy at bat at all, get the $5 more expensive mlb.com audio package and then use your browser over bridge and listen through the PLaybook's speakers.

Personally though, I'll be gutted if we don't see MLB at Bat for the Playbook with live streaming video like the iPad app.
    mgm1979 likes this.
    04-17-11 10:33 PM
    Bridge only allows for data via the browser not apps. And bumps after 20 minutes is not necessary.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    ill try to keep that in mind for next time
    04-17-11 11:28 PM
    For the speakers right? Coz you'll have the audio there on your phone anyway? Better audio with the playbook I'm sure. One way around this (for next year) would be to not buy at bat at all, get the $5 more expensive mlb.com audio package and then use your browser over bridge and listen through the PLaybook's speakers.

Personally though, I'll be gutted if we don't see MLB at Bat for the Playbook with live streaming video like the iPad app.
    oh, I didn't even think about the web-based app and streaming the audio through the PlayBook browser...guess I had a little tunnel-vision there, thinking about the "mobile" app.

I, too, am looking forward to a PlayBook-specific app...but when I was looking into live video side of things, noticed I had to pay the $100+ for the mlb.tv app IN ADDITION -- since I'm in Denver, the Rockies games would all get blacked out, anyway...the audio is enough, for me...I'll definitely look into the web-based version though - thanks!
    04-18-11 09:02 AM
    I'm hoping for a PlayBook specific App too!
    04-18-11 09:08 AM
    I see a whole advertising campaign for Playbook designed to show the difference between the flash compliant Playbook and the Flashless iOs. It centres on the tagline - "you don't need an app for that!".

But yes, I'd like to get a nice app rather than pay the $129 or whatever for mlb.tv.

For angry birds, sky sports player etc etc, just play them online because, with respect to Steve Jobs - now we actually DO "have the internet in your pocket"
    04-18-11 09:30 AM
    But yes, I'd like to get a nice app rather than pay the $129 or whatever for mlb.tv.
    You do realise that you still need to pay for mlb.tv if you want video on the ios apps don't you, it is just that you will have also been forced into paying another $15 for an app on top of that.
    04-18-11 11:54 AM
    You get your one free out of market game per day Nothing like Arizona at Milwaukee to get the Baseball juices flowing
    04-18-11 11:58 AM
    You get your one free out of market game per day Nothing like Arizona at Milwaukee to get the Baseball juices flowing
    This was an amusing comment on April 18th but, as things stand today, Arizona and Milwaukee are both going to be in the playoffs!

...back to the topic of the thread, is there a an MLB at Bat app for the PlayBook now?
    xxplosive82 likes this.
    09-05-11 12:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD