How many apps specifically for playbook?
    04-03-12 05:57 PM
    Not an official Microsoft website, so numbers are not official.

Even the Microsoft official numbers are not correct --- because all they announced is app SUBMISSIONS, not actual app count.
    04-03-12 05:59 PM
    Not an official Microsoft website, so numbers are not official.

Even the Microsoft official numbers are not correct --- because all they announced is app SUBMISSIONS, not actual app count.
    Get over yourself dude. Windows Phone has more apps and did it in less time. Way less then iOS and Android to be sure but definitely the number 3 App marketplace.
    04-03-12 06:04 PM
    Get over yourself dude. Windows Phone has more apps and did it in less time. Way less then iOS and Android to be sure but definitely the number 3 App marketplace.
    Get over yourself.

Go back and read all the OFFICIAL Microsoft announcements --- they have always stated app SUBMISSIONS, not actual app count.
    04-03-12 06:07 PM
    there should be one centralized crapp market so we know where not to shop
    dendroica likes this.
    04-03-12 06:08 PM
    Get over yourself.

Go back and read all the OFFICIAL Microsoft announcements --- they have always stated app SUBMISSIONS, not actual app count.
    And yet Windows Phone has more apps and did it in half the time.
    04-03-12 06:13 PM
    How many apps specifically for playbook?
    Announced today, 15,000 specifically for playbook
    04-03-12 06:14 PM
    Announced today, 15,000 specifically for playbook
    Are all those native apps or are they counting all the android phone apps too?
    04-03-12 06:16 PM
    And yet Windows Phone has more apps and did it in half the time.
    How would you know?

There are thousands of apps that Microsoft has not approved yet they counted in their submission numbers.

There are thousands of apps that RIM has not approved yet they are not counted in their official app count.
    04-03-12 06:17 PM
    Are all those native apps or are they counting all the android phone apps too?
    What is native?

If native means c/c++, then 90% of Android apps are not native. And what about android phone apps? When the Xoom was launched, there were what --- 100 honeycomb apps available. There are more tablet optimized apps on the Playbook than on the Xoom.
    Last edited by samab; 04-03-12 at 06:22 PM.
    04-03-12 06:18 PM
    How would you know?

There are thousands of apps that Microsoft has not approved yet they counted in their submission numbers.

There are thousands of apps that RIM has not approved yet they are not counted in their official app count.
    Whatever. Believe what you want. It's not as if you know any more then I do.
    04-03-12 06:21 PM
    Not surprising MS is gaining fast. I'm mean really, there has to be a lot of developers that have been with Windows for years.
    04-03-12 06:21 PM
    What is native?

If native means c/c++, then 90% of Android apps are not native.
    Ok let me spell it out for you. Of the 15,000(lol) Playbook apps how many are made for the Playbook and how many are Android phone apps running in the Android player?
    04-03-12 06:23 PM
    Whatever. Believe what you want. It's not as if you know any more then I do.
    What's to not believe? Are you one of those birther people who believe in all kinds of conspiracies? Microsoft tells you in their official announcement that their numbers are app submissions, not actual count. Are you telling me that you don't believe Microsoft's own words?

Read the fine print of all these announcements --- from everybody. Does Kindle Fire has 31000 apps? No. Amazon AppStore has 31000 apps --- but which most of them would not work on the Kindle Fire.
    04-03-12 06:27 PM
    Ok let me spell it out for you. Of the 15,000(lol) Playbook apps how many are made for the Playbook and how many are Android phone apps running in the Android player?
    Let me spell it out for you. How many Android tablet apps do Android tablets have? Not many --- Xoom started off with a 100 Honeycomb apps.
    04-03-12 06:28 PM
    What's to not believe? Are you one of those birther people who believe in all kinds of conspiracies? Microsoft tells you in their official announcement that their numbers are app submissions, not actual count. Are you telling me that you don't believe Microsoft's own words?

Read the fine print of all these announcements --- from everybody. Does Kindle Fire has 31000 apps? No. Amazon AppStore has 31000 apps --- but which most of them would not work on the Kindle Fire.
    But ALL the Apps on the WINDOWS PHONE MARKETPLACE are for WINDOWS PHONES. Which apparently is a lot more then what's available for the Playbook.
    04-03-12 06:30 PM
    But ALL the Apps on the WINDOWS PHONE MARKETPLACE are for WINDOWS PHONES. Which apparently is a lot more then what's available for the Playbook.
    How many apps are for their older generations of phones?
    04-03-12 06:34 PM
    Stop feeding the trolls. Loo, JamesDax3 has a windows phone picture on his post. Which way is he going to bark?
    04-03-12 06:35 PM
    All of them. I have a first Gen phone and I can run every app on the market place.
    04-03-12 06:54 PM
    Stop feeding the trolls. Loo, JamesDax3 has a windows phone picture on his post. Which way is he going to bark?
    Hey, I didn't create the thread comparing BB AppWorld with Windows Phone Marketplace. Even if they are both at 70,000(?) as another poster said above, it's not an apple to apple comparison because all WP devices can run all 70,000 apps, but is there any one BB device that can run all 70,000 apps on it's marketplace?
    04-03-12 06:57 PM
    Hey, I didn't create the thread comparing BB AppWorld with Windows Phone Marketplace. Even if they are both at 70,000(?) as another poster said above, it's not an apple to apple comparison because all WP devices can run all 70,000 apps, but is there any one BB device that can run all 70,000 apps on it's marketplace?
    The issue is that there are conflicting reports on whether those 70000 apps are compatible with WP8.
    04-03-12 07:03 PM
    The issue is that there are conflicting reports on whether those 70000 apps are compatible with WP8.
    And how many of the 70,000 BB Apps will be compatible with BB10?

Microsoft: Windows Phone 8 Backwards Compatible With Windows Phone 7 Apps

From the horses mouth as they say.
    04-03-12 07:11 PM
    I think there's only about 60 apps for the playbook when you subtract out the 14940 e-book submissions..
    Denus likes this.
    04-03-12 07:13 PM
    None of them are for Windows Mobile 6.5.3 or earlier, if that's what you were asking. There may be a few apps that rely on hardware lacking in first gen Windows Phones (gyroscope, ffc) that wouldn't run on first gen phones, but that's expected and a very small portion of the apps.
    04-03-12 07:24 PM
    Yes, there are conflicting reports, but there's a very easy way to resolve the conflict. The reports that say they won't be compatible are wrong, the reports that say they will be compatible are right. The exception is the roughly 26 apps written in native code rather than managed XNA/Silverlight that would need to be updated to work on WP8.
    04-03-12 07:27 PM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD