BlackBerry App World has over 70,000 apps | MobileSyrup.com

According to the author, 177 million apps are downloaded each month..
    03-31-12 04:46 PM
    Good Article. we def can't compete with IOS/Android App numbers,
    but its good to know we are still in a race with Windows phones
    03-31-12 05:22 PM
    Wow 1 reply for this. People here were begging for some good news and now no one cares?
    03-31-12 09:06 PM
    That is good but just wait. You'll get plenty of replies that they suck and it doesn't matter since there is no Skype netflix or hulu.

Not my opinion.
    llllBULLSEYE likes this.
    03-31-12 09:32 PM
    That is good but just wait. You'll get plenty of replies that they suck and it doesn't matter since there is no Skype netflix or hulu.

Not my opinion.
    I have been covering RIMM since a year and a half and made research reports that have received very good feedback from people in wall street.

If people come and tell me whats wrong with RIMM and it sucks. I will tell them 10,000 things that are right including, QNX, TAT, Teknison, Scoreloop, Docs2Go, BES...

I hated the bold, curve, touch phones but I like the new RIMM.

I like Heins, I like Saunders, I like underdogs
    03-31-12 10:23 PM
    I have been covering RIMM since a year and a half and made research reports that have received very good feedback from people in wall street.

If people come and tell me whats wrong with RIMM and it sucks. I will tell them 10,000 things that are right including, QNX, TAT, Teknison, Scoreloop, Docs2Go, BES...

I like Saunders too. He at least communicates with users. He's replied to me on Twitter a number of times. I don't know, I thought that was pretty cool of him to do.
    ak1229 and UrbanGlowCam like this.
    03-31-12 10:30 PM

Up until last November, I thought the PlayBook truly sucked because that was what I heard from the North American Media. When a friend of mine told me that she could get a new PB for an unbelievable price, I took the plunge and bought one, thinking that I had nothing to lose because at least I would have a little web browser (I didn't have any tablet at that time). After all, it ran QNX. How bad could it be? Except that no sales rep on earth seemed to know how to wake up a sleeping PB!

Long story short. I was totally blown away by the rich bezel gestures and the smoothness of the UI. And the presentation mode puts everything else to shame. Man, how did it manage to get such bad press? Is there a conspiracy to make RIM RIP or something? AppWorld is not Appstore. But there are good apps popping up. I think navigating through all the iJunk is a lot more painful than sifting through the "silly" apps on AppWorld that people seem to complain about.
    04-01-12 12:23 AM
    The race is on, RIM is far from dead as I can tell. At least we know the Playbook is getting some attention. Good things come to those who wait I suppose
    04-01-12 12:33 AM
    Great to hear positivity and optimism around here!
    SnoozerBold, miker476 and mzceetee like this.
    04-01-12 02:46 AM
    windows app store is full of crap ?
    04-01-12 05:12 AM
    Apple world does have lots of quality apps now. The android player strategy is working.
    04-01-12 08:42 AM
    Apple world does have lots of quality apps now. The android player strategy is working.
    I think you meant that App World has lots more quality apps now. I don't think that we should underestimate RIM's efforts to attract "native" developers too.

PS Does anyone else find that predictive text is sometimes more trouble than it is worth?
    04-01-12 08:57 AM
    Like kbz1960 said these positive threads never stay positive...
    I'm with you on this one I always like the underdogs.
    Heck I'm a Mets fan
    04-01-12 09:20 AM
    I am not sure how to read into the article.
    It says "BlackBerry App World" and is not BB product specific.
    Only a small percentage are written for the PB.

On a side note: The biggest app 'gain' in numbers came with the official BB PB release of the Android Player. I have been disappointed with side loaded Android apps since many were written for phones not tablets.
    04-01-12 02:17 PM
    BlackBerry App World has over 70,000 apps | MobileSyrup.com

According to the author, 177 million apps are downloaded each month..
    I think RIM should organize. AppWorld. Better. Current layout makes it look like they. Only have 70 apps.

Btw, how to see best free apps more than one pages? For example. If I want. To see top 100 free apps?
    SnoozerBold and susgeek like this.
    04-01-12 05:20 PM
    GREAT! Lets keep nagging people to bring apps we want...I've been tweeting @BN_care asking for a Nook app, Seems like a port is not as easy, but for what it's worth, I'll keep asking...
    04-01-12 05:39 PM
    BB App world has 70,000 apps - tied with Windows app store
    Windows Phone Marketplace passes 80,000 apps
    04-03-12 12:01 PM
    But the WP apps are growing at almost an exponential rate while number of BB apps are dropping. Also, the BB apps are highly fragmented compared to iPhone, WPs and Androids. For example, Dictionary.com app is not officially supported on Bold 99xx. I had to force load the app and it has a bad interface.

Sent from BlackBerry Bold 9900 website
    04-03-12 12:12 PM
    So the good news is that BB App World took 3yrs to reach a number that Windows Phone Marketplace got to in 18mos?

Nice.

lol
    04-03-12 12:35 PM
    again...former CEO to be blame on this late development. NEW CEO, new beggining, new ways. Changes will happen and so BB10.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    04-03-12 12:40 PM
    No more then any other App marketplace.
    04-03-12 12:43 PM
    Windows marketplace actually has some pretty good Apps. Also, Microsoft releases XBL games for them too. Having used both, I would almost say WP has "better" Apps, but I guess it really comes down to what you are looking for. I really love both platforms so...
    04-03-12 01:12 PM
    It's not really comparing Apples to Apples. Can I get all of those 70,000 on my PlayBook? My Curve 9300? What about a Curve 9360? Is there any BlackBerry that can use every app in App World? It's more similar to the Nokia Store (whatever the numbers are) than the Windows Phone Marketplace.
    04-03-12 03:02 PM
    I think RIM should organize. AppWorld. Better. Current layout makes it look like they. Only have 70 apps.

Btw, how to see best free apps more than one pages? For example. If I want. To see top 100 free apps?
    Typed on your PlayBook?
    04-03-12 03:04 PM
    Microsoft has historically not stated their actual app count --- they have always stated the number of app SUBMISSIONS.
    04-03-12 05:22 PM
65 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD