Hi Everyone,

We are giving Blackberry Playbook users the opportunity to grab a free copy of our new slick arcade game for Playbook (usual price is $1.99). The offer is on for 24 hours from now, so grab your copy now whilst its free. You can grab a copy from the App World at Buy BattleBallz Chaos - Download BattleBallz Chaos - Buy Games from BlackBerry App World

Hope you enjoy the game, please leave us a nice review if you like the game.

Mat
    08-31-11 05:35 AM
    Playing it now! Seems pretty cool so far but Al keeps beating me lol. Very smooth and fluid game so far though
    pocketreers likes this.
    08-31-11 05:55 AM
    Hi Everyone,

We are giving Blackberry Playbook users the opportunity to grab a free copy of our new slick arcade game for Playbook (usual price is $1.99). The offer is on for 24 hours from now, so grab your copy now whilst its free. You can grab a copy from the App World at Buy BattleBallz Chaos - Download BattleBallz Chaos - Buy Games from BlackBerry App World

Mat
    Thanks, will try it tomorrow on the plane and I'll leave a review.
    pocketreers likes this.
    08-31-11 06:18 AM
    It says 1.99 for me..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-11 06:21 AM
    This should be in apps and games.
    Thanks I will love to give it a try, But after clicking on the link the price is 1.99.
    pocketreers likes this.
    08-31-11 06:23 AM
    thanks! downloading it now.
    Nvm. It just updated to free. .

I'd buy it but I don't have a paypal or anything.

pocketreers likes this.
    Thanks!Played and leave a five star review,Great game,do u develop the game under NDK?
    pocketreers likes this.
    08-31-11 06:45 AM
    Hi Everyone,

Mat
    What the frack!!!! It becomes free two days after I buy it. There goes my two dollars....
    08-31-11 09:31 AM
    What the frack!!!! It becomes free two days after I buy it. There goes my two dollars....
    oh no, not two whole dollars.... lol

i tried it out and it is easily worth two bucks. nice and simple controls but the game it's self gets pretty intense and attention grabbing. My thanks to the devs for offering it free hope to see more from you guys. I know I'll be keeping my eyes open, great first release.

pocketreers likes this.
    08-31-11 10:32 AM
    Playing it now! Seems pretty cool so far but Al keeps beating me lol. Very smooth and fluid game so far though
    The trick is to just keep an eye on your own photon balls. You can turn off the particles if you find them distracting. Also try to keep balls in your half by bouncing them off the barrier bricks, you only score points for breaking barrier or hitting a ball passed an opponent. Lastly, over time the photon balls grow in size if kept in play, as they get larger the number of points you earn increases
    08-31-11 10:42 AM
    Thanks!Played and leave a five star review,Great game,do u develop the game under NDK?
    Nice one thanks. We use the Marmalade SDK which produces native code (much like the NDK). You can find out more info about the Marmalade SDK at Marmalade - Cross Platform Mobile Application Development. It truly is a remarkable SDK
    08-31-11 10:46 AM
    Sorry about that, we need to ensure that the game gets visibility in order to make it a success. Unfortunately we dropped out of the "new" and "top paid" sections which means we have very little exposure. one way to increase the exposure of an app is to make it free for a limited period which should increase its popularity, which eventually leads to more sales.

Its unfortunate that developers have to use these marketing techniques as it quite rightly makes some users angry and we actually make a large loss, but without it we would sell very few apps and eventually go out of business.
    08-31-11 10:52 AM
    oh no, not two whole dollars.... lol

i tried it out and it is easily worth two bucks. nice and simple controls but the game it's self gets pretty intense and attention grabbing. My thanks to the devs for offering it free hope to see more from you guys. I know I'll be keeping my eyes open, great first release.

The game is fast especially a 10 round insane game (my favourite ). I have played the game many hundreds of times during development so I have become used to the speed and total chaos.

We have a long list of games planned for Playbook, iPhone, iPad, Android and Bada so plenty more of our games will be coming to the Playbook platform. It also helps that I personally adore the Playbook, its may favourite platform at the moment.
    08-31-11 10:58 AM
    Sorry about that, we need to ensure that the game gets visibility in order to make it a success. Unfortunately we dropped out of the "new" and "top paid" sections which means we have very little exposure. one way to increase the exposure of an app is to make it free for a limited period which should increase its popularity, which eventually leads to more sales.

Its unfortunate that developers have to use these marketing techniques as it quite rightly makes some users angry and we actually make a large loss, but without it we would sell very few apps and eventually go out of business.

I feel RIM made a bad move for devs when they didn't setup QNX to allow OTA installs for the PlayBook. MobiHand is great for browsing from a computer, and it's even not bad from a phone. App World on the other hand I find horribly slow on computer and... well iunno, just generally crap on mobile devices when it comes to browsing older stuff.. I can definitely see how it'd be hard for developers to keep top notch apps/games from being lost in the sea of crappy releases.

pocketreers what's your vendor id? So I can bookmark the url to view just your releases.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    pocketreers likes this.
    08-31-11 01:08 PM
    No worries...atleast your game is wayyy better than a lot of other playbook games / apps.
    pocketreers likes this.
    08-31-11 01:13 PM
    I feel RIM made a bad move for devs when they didn't setup QNX to allow OTA installs for the PlayBook. MobiHand is great for browsing from a computer, and it's even not bad from a phone. App World on the other hand I find horribly slow on computer and... well iunno, just generally crap on mobile devices when it comes to browsing older stuff.. I can definitely see how it'd be hard for developers to keep top notch apps/games from being lost in the sea of crappy releases.

pocketreers what's your vendor id? So I can bookmark the url to view just your releases.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Our vendor page is at Pocketeers Limited - BlackBerry App World thanks for bookmarking us

Although its pretty cool to have a nice scrolling screen to scroll down through the apps it does take a while to get to he lower ranks. A paging system would probably work better. It would also be useful if you could quickly view just the newest games in the games section as well as newest section for each category.
    08-31-11 01:38 PM
    I suggested this yesterday - I think Appworld needs a "wish list" "just list" where you can store apps that appear interesting or you heard mention of, say on Crackberry, but are not immediately ready to purchase but want to be able to track and come back to.

Right now I do look at some apps mentioned or I happened upon but am not ready to spring for... being able to find them in MY LIST would be nice.

Maybe as a developer you could suggest that to rim.
    08-31-11 02:42 PM
    I suggested this yesterday - I think Appworld needs a "wish list" "just list" where you can store apps that appear interesting or you heard mention of, say on Crackberry, but are not immediately ready to purchase but want to be able to track and come back to.

Right now I do look at some apps mentioned or I happened upon but am not ready to spring for... being able to find them in MY LIST would be nice.

Maybe as a developer you could suggest that to rim.
    I think you have a great idea, unfortunately a large corporation are probably not going to take note of what one solitary developer requests.

You do have a great idea for an app however. An app that stores all of the details of the apps you like, which you can share with friends and be notified when the app price drops (which is the best time to buy)
    08-31-11 04:57 PM
    Tracking a price drop would be nice as would an update but just having the apps that I've looked at and might be interesting but NOT RIGHT NOW is what I'm looking for. I guess I could do a screen capture but that might start eating into storage (I forget how large they generally are)

I did think that one developer would not convince rim of anything - hundreds of reviews and tons of users have had no sway.
    08-31-11 07:14 PM
    i'd be happy to pay you for this app if you sharpened up the graphics...some stuff needs to be more high-res..
    The graphics are optimised for an 800 pixel wide display as it fits well to the many platforms we support. If we get enough interest in the game then we may produce an HD version
    08-31-11 10:31 PM
    i'd be happy to pay you for this app if you sharpened up the graphics...some stuff needs to be more high-res..
    09-01-11 04:36 AM
    Thanks to everyone for downloading BattleBallz over the last 24 hours. We managed 650 downloads
    09-01-11 05:33 AM
    We just dropped our price to $0.99 for the next couple of days
    09-05-11 04:47 AM
    Any plans for more apps? I'm patient and can wait a few more months to get a really good app, but I'm wondering if and what you are planning...
    09-05-11 05:47 PM
26 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD