Hey guys.

So RIM put up some documentation on how to port Wesnoth several months ago. The instructions were very incomplete though and have required a lot of modification to get working (which is probably why you hadn't seen a build yet).
    There is about 12 library dependencies involved that needed to be compiled and compatible with eachother and the Playbook.

Finally, I present to you: The Battle for Wesnoth v1.10.

Screenshots

Main menu:

Campaigns:

Tutorial:

Attack:

Multiplayer Lobby:

Controls:

Top right is 'Escape'. Right panel, top panel and centre of the screen are just normal. Surrounding centre of screen is left/right/up/down arrows.

Download
    Playbook: Wesnoth-PB.bar
    BB10: wesnoth-BB10.bar
    Updated 12th April, 2013
    Last edited by xsacha; 04-11-13 at 11:49 PM.
    05-01-12 08:32 PM
    05-01-12 08:46 PM
    Mediafire?
    05-01-12 08:51 PM
    Nice one xsacha, you could use winrar to break the file into different parts and then upload it to mediafire.com. People have to download these parts and extract the first file. Mediafire is really fast interms of download speeds.
    05-01-12 08:53 PM
    Mediafire?
    200MB limit. Trying to avoid breaking it up.
    Last edited by xsacha; 05-01-12 at 08:56 PM.
    05-01-12 08:53 PM
    200MB limit. Trying to avoid breaking it up.
    Then try multiupload.com for single file upload.
    05-01-12 09:13 PM
    Uploaded from my Playbook.
    05-02-12 12:54 AM
    I fired up wesnoth, but it crashed, then, when i trie to extract media and data to the appropriate file, i couldnt find it.
    05-02-12 03:08 AM
    I fired up wesnoth, but it crashed, then, when i trie to extract media and data to the appropriate file, i couldnt find it.
    Of course it will crash without the data.
    What do you mean you couldn't find music/data? It's in first post.

I'll try to put on AppWorld to make it easier.
    05-02-12 03:47 AM
    I got them downloaded just fine. Am i supposed to create the misc/wesnoth folder, or should it be there automatically?
    05-02-12 05:04 AM
    Looks wicked - thanks xsacha!
    05-02-12 06:27 AM
    Downloading it right now. Thank xsacha!
    05-02-12 07:14 AM
    I got them downloaded just fine. Am i supposed to create the misc/wesnoth folder, or should it be there automatically?
    Meant to create the wesnoth dir. Inside that should be 'data' 'fonts' 'images' 'sounds'.
    See:
    Ignore that first directory (it's created when you run the app).
    05-02-12 07:18 AM
    Thanks for doing this.
    05-02-12 08:12 AM
    I see. Sorry to be a pain. I get lazy sometimes
    05-02-12 10:47 AM
    Thank you very much for this, I'm looking forward to playing.

I do have a question - I've installed the bar and I'm transferring the contents of the music and data folders and it's taking a really long time for the data folder (time remaining 2 hours). I copied the data.zip file directly to the PB (normal speed) and tried extracting it there and that's even slower. I transferred an unrelated file as a test and it was quick.

Is it normal for the data folder to take so long or is this a problem on my end?
    05-02-12 06:45 PM
    Is it normal for the data folder to take so long or is this a problem on my end?
    It's normal I guess. It does take a long time.
    funkysquid likes this.
    05-02-12 06:55 PM
    Thanks for the game! You did a big job.
    It's normal that I can't change language? The option is available and a lot of languages appears, but it doesn' t change when I click in they.
    05-02-12 07:47 PM
    Thank you very much for this, I'm looking forward to playing.

I do have a question - I've installed the bar and I'm transferring the contents of the music and data folders and it's taking a really long time for the data folder (time remaining 2 hours). I copied the data.zip file directly to the PB (normal speed) and tried extracting it there and that's even slower. I transferred an unrelated file as a test and it was quick.

Yes it does. I did it both wirelessly, and hooked up via usb, and it did take a while for the data.zip to extract. I think about a half an hour. The music.zip was considerably quicker. By the way, great job. I started playing it this am, and its great
    05-02-12 11:54 PM
    Thanks in advance. I installed the wesnoth.bar using bbh 2.4.9.5. I extracted the data and music zips to the folder wesnoth. There is still a crash back to screen.
    05-03-12 04:57 AM
    Thanks in advance. I installed the wesnoth.bar using bbh 2.4.9.5. I extracted the data and music zips to the folder wesnoth. There is still a crash back to screen.
    Make sure it looks like this:
    05-03-12 05:25 AM
    Thanks for portin the game xsacha. I just want to make sure I didn't screw it up somehow, I have a few control and graphical issues (Is it supposed to just be a red trail and an x between scenarios? And Phantom cursors on the edge of the screen, the middle part of the words under the loading bar disappear, etc...is there anyway to right click? I tried using bridge remote but no go, and trying to press the tile I want to recruit someone on and the action button at the same time can get frustrating) but otherwise I am enjoying the game thoroughly. Though I did notice that my PB heats up excessively in the middle backside when I play, along with a definite increase in battery drain. Is this normal? My PB is pretty new, and Battery Guru says my Battery Health is at 95 percent, but I guess it could just be an issue with my PB. Anyways thanks again for bringing this awesome game to the PlayBook, I had never even heard of it before.
    05-05-12 03:54 AM
    Hi xsacha, I would like to share some thoughts about the game.
    Is it possible to right click on a building(castle)?

I've noticed that we can't take a screenshot of the game, if you try doing it then it would crash your pictures and video options in your playbook, you would be left with a blank folder. You will have to reboot to get back your images and videos. Any idea why this happens.
    05-05-12 04:11 AM
    Hi xsacha, I would like to share some thoughts about the game.
    Is it possible to right click on a building(castle)?

I've noticed that we can't take a screenshot of the game, if you try doing it then it would crash your pictures and video options in your playbook, you would be left with a blank folder. You will have to reboot to get back your images and videos. Any idea why this happens.
    Tap = left click. Holding down = right click. Then you can recruit and so on without using the action menu.

Yes, the red trail with x between scenarios is normal. Well, it's a bug. But I get the same bug.

Hadn't tried a screenshot. Pretty weird bug.

Yes, this game causes your PB to heat up a lot. The game is designed for Linux desktops really and often chews up in excess of 1GHz on my laptop. Remember if you're playing multiplayer you should turn off move animations otherwise other players will get upset that you take too long. Without animations, the game is much faster and the PB has to work much harder.

If you swipe down you should see the SDL controls. The 4 edges of the game screen are mapped to the arrow keys (up/down/left/right) except for the right panel (which is just left clicks). But, the top right hand corner is mapped to exit/back. So if you ever find yourself on a dialog that's hard to exit from, just tap that corner.
    Also, some things need to be double-tapped to work (rather than pressing OK). So double-tap on Save games, question/answer dialogs, etc. OK is fine for recruits.
    Last edited by xsacha; 05-05-12 at 07:02 AM.
    SloppyAbraham likes this.
    05-05-12 06:55 AM
    Hey Xsacha! Thanks a ton for posting this, I've been waiting for the port since the day wesnoth was posted to github!

That being said, I was wondering if you would be so kind as to release the source code for this port
    05-05-12 11:28 AM
130 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD